“Nice Stay in a convenient location”

Inns Of Virginia Arlington
Ranked #42 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
“Nice Stay in a convenient location”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel is clean, easy to find, and in a great location. The rooms are very basic but are clean and comfortable with upgraded flat screen TV's.

Staff is courteous and helpful.

If you are looking for something more than a clean comfortable place to stay, this might not be the place for you. Otherwise, this is a great value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel is clean and well kept. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, unfortunately - just a small breakfast corner but OK to start the day. A key point: public transportation acess into Washington is possible but inconvenient. If you have a car and you're brave, you can go into the city. Otherwise you can park next to a metro station in Arlington.

1 Thank Yaron S
Penny B, Guest Relations Manager at Inns Of Virginia Arlington, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about Inns of Virginia - Arlington. We are glad that you liked your stay with us. Just a word about the continental breakfast. Unfortunately Arlington County will not let us do anything but pre-packaged items and the fresh fruit without a full time attendant. That does limit us as to what we can offer. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look for ways to improve. Please visit us again soon.
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel was comfortable and clean. The service was friendly and was willing to help us. I was pleasantly surprised. It was close to town and near my daughters college so I just took a taxi from there. I was pleased and will stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was fine. I guess if I needed to I would ask for the first floor bu...
1 Thank Louise P
I am glad that you were pleased with your stay with us. Our staff is dedicated to making the guest feel welcomed. We look forward to your return soon.
Cross Rive, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This motel has gone downhill since we last stayed there a year and a half ago. The mattress on one of our two beds was seriously damaged – it had sort of caved in on one side. Unfortunately, we discovered this late at night on our return, so just put up with it. But it was obvious to me when I pulled back the cover, so anyone making the bed can’t have failed to notice! Also, the light by the little table and chairs at the end of the room wasn’t working. A shame, and disappointing, because this inn was really not bad in 2011 and 2012, and convenient if you need to stay in Arlington. It was simple, but functional, and inexpensive. Now, though I must say it is still clean, has free parking, a fridge & wifi, it’s not what it used to be (and prices have gone up to $100 per night). We got our own breakfast from a nearby Starbucks, because though their coffee is fine and plentiful, their muffins aren’t terribly edible.

We had also requested a room near the entrance because one of us is disabled, and they had no record of this. Luckily, there was one room left downstairs -- otherwise, we would have had to climb to the second floor, which would have been a problem.

However, I must commend the day time desk staffer Janet, who was just wonderful – she gave us advice and directions way beyond the call of duty!

Room Tip: Check out the bed before you go out for the evening! They don't pay attention to advance reques...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Penny B, Public Relations Manager at Inns Of Virginia Arlington, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I am sorry that you did not have the quality stay that you desired from Inns of VA Arlington. I was really surprised to hear that you think the hotel has gone downhill since your last stay as we have done a large amounts of upgrades to the hotel in the last year and 1/2 including all new mattresses and box springs, new bathroom fixtures, new carpeting in hallways and breakfast center upgrades etc. The hotel strives to meet all requests when made so don't ever hesitate to contact the front desk as they are staffed 24/7.

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Florence, Italy
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Average hotel, it looks like a prison. Nice staff,free parking but if you get a cab to go to DC you have to pay around 40 dollars for a round trip which is the price you pay for one day parking downtown.For the same price you can find something better

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Gle_Ste
Penny B, Public Relations Manager at Inns Of Virginia Arlington, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
It has come to my attention that you were not satisfied with your stay at Inns of Virginia - Arlington. We have upgraded all linens/towels and have new mattresses and box springs in all bedrooms along with new flat screen TV's. We try hard to make every guest feel welcomed and meet their requests as much as possible. There are many other ways of getting to downtown DC that don't require one paying $40.00 for a cab ride. Metro is close to the hotel and there is a Metro Bus stop right across from the hotel. I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a 1950s/60s era motel, but sparkling clean with a comfortable bed and fast wifi. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some negative reviews. The rooms was small, but had everything, including a refrigerator and microwave.

The location is very convenient, provided you have a car. It is about 10 minutes by car from downtown DC or Georgetown and 5 minutes from the shops and restaurants of Clarendon/Ballston. The driveway is very steep, but they had cleared it hours after a big snowstorm.

I can't say enough good things about the front desk agent who checked me in. I discovered I had left my credit card at a restaurant 50 miles away This wasn't an issue for check-in since I had prepaid my room. The young woman at the desk gets five stars, though, for her empathetic reaction. She calmed me down and made me smile, which was an accomplishment since I'd just learned I was facing an unexpected 100 mile trip before the early morning departure which was why I'd booked the room in the first place. She was professional and a pleasure to deal with. Well done!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Susan1958
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had family business in Arlington and needed a place for one night. We had previously stayed in Inns of Virginia in Falls Church, so were confident this would be a good choice. It was clean, quiet and the staff was very courteous. However, the bed was quite soft, so my husband and I rolled into the middle "hole" in the bed, and both of us had back aches in the morning. I recommend you take the two-bed option in case you need the second bed. Also, the breakfast is just coffee, tea, muffins and juice and not available until 7:00 a.m. The mini-fridge is a nice touch and could help with breakfast milk, yogurt etc. if you stop at the nearby grocery.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family