Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
US$313
US$271
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$106
US$361
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$199
US$174
US$214
  • Breakfast included
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$152
AscendHotels
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$170
1,859 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptioncrystal citymade to order breakfastomelet stationfront desk staffthe pentagon city metro stationcomplimentary breakfastdc areashuttle serviceliving roomnational airportfree shuttlebusiness centerwashington monumentvisit dcthe hotel offersoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I went with the reviews online and the close proximity to DC for sight seeing. I was impressed with their service from the beginning to check out from the hotel. The free breakfast was more than I expected and was perfect to start the busy day of walking in DC. We went to the restaurant one night and even though it doesn't look fancy the food was well presented and very tasty. I would recommend it highly. The only concern was that the bed was like a rock for my taste and the sofa sleeper, which we used to watch so late night t.v. was a little over used. But all in all I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Dan H
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a positive experience. Our staff works hard to make each guest stay an enjoyable one and I appreciate you mentioning this was your experience.

Is there a better way to wake up with the family than to a complimentary full breakfast buffet? It adds such great value to your rate as a similar buffet at other hotels would run approximately $20 per person. I am glad you also enjoyed your dining experience in the Crystal Grill.

My apologies to you that the bed was not comfortable and hope you let us know prior to check out so it can be properly addressed. Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed one night on Saturday, June 8, and this hotel is great! Rooms are large and very clean and comfortable. The location is great and offers easy access to DC proper by car: it's about 4-5 minutes to the Jefferson Memorial and about 10-12 minutes to the Capitol without traffic. We enjoyed the nightly manager's reception with appetizers and cocktails, and breakfast the next morning was a great way to start the day before a quick day of sight seeing and a drive home. We hope to return to this hotel in April with a large group for the Cherry Blossom Festival and look forward to that stay as well. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank eibzz121
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad that you had a great hotel stay and enjoyed your suite accommodations. Traffic? We don't have traffic in the DC Metro area! You are correct, without traffic driving into DC is so simple. However, if the times we do have traffic or for those travelers without vehicles the hotel is located 4 blocks from two Metro Stations. Many of our guests enjoy the option of walking to the Metro (10-12 minutes) or taking the complimentary shuttle and the Metro can take our guests right into DC.

The core complimentary amenities of an Embassy Suites do make it an almost unbeatable value. I am glad to read you took advantage and enjoyed the Manager's Reception and the breakfast buffet.

Thank you again for your review and we also hope you return in April. We will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The staff at this hotel was very helpful and friendly from the time we checked in (credit card problems) until we walked out the door after three nights. However, there were furnishing roblems. These included a suite bedroom door lacking one screw in the door knob and with the other screw lose (my wife wouldn't shut the door all the way just in case it wouldn't reopen!), a shower/tub that wouldn't stop running both the shower head and tub faucet (made for interesting experience turning the water on and because hot water was more directed to the tub faucet, made taking a shower a hot foot experience), missing light lenses in the bathroom, and, finally, a mini-fridge that froze the fruit we had in it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich_and_Kim500

Thank you for your review. i appreciate you mentioning the helpfulness of the staff as we want to offer all of our guests a great experience.

It appears that all of the challenges you mentioned should have been detected and corrected prior to your arrival. My apologies to you that this was not done. I can understand why you would be disappointed to have these challenges in your suite. I hope you let us know while you were here, but if not, please let me know the room number so the Director of Housekeeping and the Chief Engineer can follow up immediately.

Thank you again for your review and I am sorry that we let you down in regard to the suite condition. I do hope you return so we can show you this is not the typical guest experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This hotel was the meeting point for family and friends visiting DC and the surrounding area for a mini vacation. After 4 hour on the road I just wanted a clean room and bed. We were greeted with outstanding customer service and a warm smile at check in as expected. The moment I walked in my room I notice the strong smell of urine. Curiosity got the better of me and I made the mistake of looking for the source of the odor. I was floored when I found to urine stained mattresses that had been neatly made for me and my family.
I notified the front desk and they work hard to rectify the problem. After being moved to two more rooms with the same issue I finally had a stroke of good luck with the third room. The mattress there was clean enough that I felt as if I could sleep for the night. The next morning I talked with management and I'm happy to say that they replaced the stained mattress in my room.
With all this being said, I have to admit that the Management and the staff was outstanding. I honestly believe that they were not aware of this is issue.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tryangie

Thank you for sharing your experience. We understand that after a long car ride, flight, or waiting in security lines that a welcoming smile can be such a treat and our staff works hard to give this to each guest. I am glad to read that you felt welcome at the hotel upon your arrival.

I am so sorry that you had this experience and I am certain that the Director of Housekeeping has followed up on this with the suitekeeper that cleaned your room as this should have been corrected prior to your arrival. I do hope that readers of this review will read the many other reviews and note this incident has never come up before and is clearly not a normal experience for our guests.

Your comment on the staff and management is appreciated and I am glad you know that had we known of this challenge it would have been rectified. Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

From the time we checked in until we checked out 6 days later everything was wonderful. We stayed over the Memorial Day weekend so things were quite busy with a wide variety of people. We had booked a king because that was what was available but requested a double and the staff was attentive enough to catch this before we ever checked in and had changed the room type for us. Thanks!! it really made our stay much more comfortable.
Hyunji checked us in and gave us some great information about the area and hotel that really got our vacation off to a great start. She is a wonderful asset to your hotel. The other front desk staff were always helpful also. Housekeeping was impeccable. Our room was clean and kept that way throughout our stay. Breakfast as with all Embassy Suites was great even though they were covered up.
The van drivers were great. This service to and from the airport is such a nice thing. It really helps with travelling when you are being a ditsy tourist. We were also able to take advantage of the local service. ZZ was our driver a few times and was so friendly and made great suggestions for places to eat.

Room Tip: I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location is great but the staff is wonderful. The higher floors give you great views!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mikala B

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that your room change request was able to be met. We try to accommodate all change requests, but it is based on availability.

We agree that Hyunji is awesome! Many of our guests comment on her helpful nature and I am glad she was able to assist you with information as well as a friendly smile. I appreciate you mentioning the helpfulness of the other desk agents as they too want each guest stay to be a positive one.

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite accommodations and found them to be super clean. Our housekeeping staff works hard to give each guest that same experience. Breakfast was extremely busy on the holiday weekend and I am glad you were able to enjoy it.

The shuttles do make it very convenient and can be a huge money saver as no rental car is needed. We have shuttles to the Airport, Metro, Pentagon Fashion Centre Mall, and anywhere else within Crystal City. Z drives the local shuttle and like Hyunji, we get many comments on his helpfulness.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.