Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, United States
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Took advantage of the buy-two-nights-get-one-free promo and spent a long weekend there while sight-seeing in DC. It was convenient -- only a short cab ride into the city and the front desk was great at getting us a taxi quickly. Also took advantage of the free shuttle to the nearby mall. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. The pool is a bit small but the kids didn't seem to mind. Unfortunately the jacuzzi was closed for refurbishing during our stay, which would have been nice to take advantage of after walking all day in DC. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception were very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for choosing to post a review. Great job taking advantage of a fantastic offer! it is nice to read that you found our hotel to be very convenient for your touring of Washington DC. We are fortunate enough to be close enough to Washington DC to offer the experience, but being we are outside of the District we can do so at a much lower cost.

I am glad your children enjoyed the pool. My apologies that the hot tub is out of commission; we are working to have it fixed. The complimentary shuttles make getting around so simple. Unlike most other hotels that only offer a shuttle to the Metro and or the Airport, we also offer one to anywhere within Crystal City.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work hard to offer just as great a stay as this one was. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in hospitality -

703-842-3595
jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Hebrew first
Christiansburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great place for a family reunion Super location near down town Washington. Shuttle-bus and subway available Wonderful happy hour Great hot tub Staff very helpful and friendly Unbeatable breakfast (free)

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your review. It is great to read that you had such a fantastic stay experience. We enjoy being the host hotel for so many familiy reunions that want the DC experience without the DC prices.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you return soon. I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in hospitality -

703-842-3595
jennifer.geiger@hilton.com
Crystal City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

If you are traveling with children then you MUST stay at this hotel. It's economical and they provide complimentary breakfast with evening snacks. There are not that many hotels that can accommodate family and this hotel was just perfect for our large family of 6! From check in to check out, I could not have asked for better service. Each staff treated us with such care that we would not hesitate to stay here again!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you found the Embassy Suites to be such a great value for your family. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception are excellent savings for all guests, but you are right that this is true even more so for families. I appreciate you mentionng the great service as our staff works hard to offer this experience to all of our guests.

Thank you again for your review and for your recommendation. We hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist anytime.

Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I will stay here again, if we go to the DC area. The hot tub was not in service for most of our stay. I believe it was out days or weeks before our stay, according yo other reviews. This was, of course, not good. Why no peanut butter available at breakfast? Also, why are there not better coffee creamers and to go cups provided? Even lower end hotels offer these 2 conveniences. The evening reception is a welcome surprise. This property is well run and friendly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am sorry the hot tub was not working properly. Yes, it was an unexpected repair that proved to be more challenging than was first thought. I appreciate your suggestion for peanut butter at breakfast. I am unsure if this has been suggested before, but will pass it to the Director of Food & Beverage. Hopefully you asked for some peanut butter as I am sure someone would have been happy to get you some. Also, I hope you enjoyed your breakfast.

We do have to go cups available, lids too. I am sorry you missed those. I have not heard any negative comments on the creamer prior to yours, but please pass along a suggestion for what you would like to see. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the evening reception.

Thank you again for your review and for your great suggestions. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist anytime.

atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Excellent hotel at a very nice rate/price. The fitness center is very clean and perfect for a quick "vacation" workout. Breakfast is good with custom made omelets. Rooms were clean with fresh smell and beds are extremely comfortable. Hotel staff is friendly with great service.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable visit and found great value in staying with us. Yes, while not a huge fitness center many of our guests comment that it has the needed equipment to offer a good workout. I am glad you share that thought.

I appreciate you mentioning the staff being friendly and the suite being clean. Our staff works hard to ensure all guests have this same experience. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon and please know that we will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good value for the daily rate. Very convenient location for public trans, shopping, and dining. Clean, quiet facility during my stay. Need more originality in food service-breakfast, manager's reception, and restaurant menu. Despite these issues, I'd definitely stay again. Helpful staff!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. Due to the complimentary breakfast and evening reception for all guests as well as the suite, you are correct that the Embassy Suites offers definite value for all of our guests. We are fortunate to be in a location that offers convenience to the Metro, Mall, Washington DC, restaurants, and so much more. Also, many of our guests find it convenient that unlike most area hotels, we also offer a shuttle upon request to anywhere within Crystal City.

The foods offered at the breakfast and evening reception are not managed by the hotel, but offered by the brand so there is consistency at all Embassy Suites. However, if you provide some feedback as to what you would like to see offered, I am happy to pass the information to the brand representatives as they often make changes based on guest suggestions. Our restaurant menu changes often so I hope when you return you find something that you enjoy, but again we welcome any suggestions you have.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.

Anderson , SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our SC, RI, and WV families met here to share time together and visit some DC sites. It is near the metro for transportation and had excellent morning breakfast buffet options and evening complimentary snacks also..........both great opportunities for family members to leisurely visit.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for posting your review. I am so glad that you had a successful family reunion and thank you for choosing to all meet at the Embassy Suites Crystal City. The atrium is a favorite of families as it offers such an inviting area to meet up. Of course, the breakfast included for all guests make the Embassy Suites a fantastic value for all families. You are correct that aside from the major cost savings, both the breakfast and evening reception offer a great opportunity to relax and catch up with family/friends.

Thank you again for your review and we hope your family chooses to return soon. We will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact Kevin Feldman at kevin.feldman@hilton.com and 703-416-3846. He is happy to assist in anyway he can.