“Weekend stay in Crystal City”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Very nice hotel each time we stay here. Their evening reception snacks are bland though. Also they have started charging parking fees if you park out front of the hotel. This is something they never did. Good rate and I will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you returning and please know we will work hard to offer you a great experience each time. The snacks offered at the evening reception are set by the Embassy Suites brand, not the hotel. The goal is provide consistency at each hotel. However, if you or anyone has a suggestion on an item(s) that you think will enhance the experience please let me know. I am happy to pass it on as many times changes are made due to guest feedback. Please keep in mind the reception is not meant to be a substitute for dinner so snack foods are offered. We currently roate through lite snacks such as bar mix snacks, veggie/cheese dips, and popcorn.

As long as I have been here, which is ten years, we have charged to park in both the garage and on ther surface lot. It would not make sense to charge the guests that park in the garage, but not the ones that park in the lot. The surface lot really is for vehicles that do not fit in the garage. I am sorry that the fee upset you, but please know it is very common in this area as I do not know of any hotels that do not charge for parking.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next visit. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Embassy Suites Hotel Crystal City-National Airport, Arlington, Virginia. The front desk staff were courteous and kind, answering all of our questions politely and helpfully. We were very impressed with the shuttle to take us not only to the metro but also out to a very long list of local restaurants. They also picked us up within 10 minutes of us calling to request it. Wonderful service!
While you do have to pay for parking, it was very convenient to leave our vehicle at the hotel and walk to the Crystal City metro station to get into DC and the monuments. We did use the shuttle on one day due to rain which took us to Pentagon City station and picked us up later on at the scheduled time. It is all very convenient and runs like clockwork.
Our room was spacious and very nice. Everything worked well. We requested another blanket which was brought up very quickly by a friendly staff member.
The breakfast was delicious and amazingly good for a free hotel breakfast. There are signs in the elevator telling you of wait times at peak times in the morning so we made sure we were down for breakfast by 7:30am and we had no wait at all. Everything was hot and delicious. We were very impressed.
We will definitely stay here again. It was wonderful value and we had a great experience.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, room 607 I think which was very nice. Room 608 was very spacious. Good for...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to post your review. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be friendly as well as helpful. We are one of the few hotels in the area to offer a "on request" shuttle that goes to anywhere within Crystal City. This makes getting out to a restaurant very simple and I am glad you found this amenity to be helpful.

Many of our guests really enjoy having the option of walking to the Metro as it is only four blocks away (10-12 minute walk) or taking the complimentary shuttle on days when the weather is not so cooperative.

It is very nice to read that you had an enjoyable breakfast experience and found your suite to be spacious. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you return and please expect that we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel was okay in terms of the room. Even though the room was a little old fashioned and there wasn't a in room safe, the room was very clean and comfortable. What lowered the rating on this hotel was the breakfast service. On the first day, when the hotel was almost empty the buffet breakfast was fine. On Saturday, when the hotel was busy it was awful. First, you could not find a table to sit at. It is not that they were all taken but that none of them had been cleared of dirty dishes. After waiting on line, I finally got to the eggs and the dish was empty. I looked at my watch and a full 10 minutes passed before they brought out the eggs. It appeared that because they had not anticipated the need for more eggs, they rushed them out and they were like soup, very undercooked. After getting the eggs, I went to get coffee, which was also empty. The next day there wasn't a shortage of eggs just plates to put them on. I waiting about five minutes and finally used cereal bowls. The lady standing in front of me on line said she had been there ten minutes with no plates being brought out. Today, again when it was not that crowded, the breakfast was okay. On all days though, the plates they brought out were wet. If breakfast service is not important to you then this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It is disappointing to read that your stay was only ok as we strive to be much better than that. I am glad you enjoyed your suite.

My apologies that you did not have a positive breakfast experience. We know the complimentary breakfast is a big reason many of our travelers stay with us and work hard to offer an enjoyable breakfast to all of our guests. Again, I am sorry we failed to meet this goal with you.

The staff tries to turn the tables over quickly and are usually very successful at this. I can understand why it would be frustrating to have to wait for a table. The Director of Food and Beverage will review your comments with the staff to remind them how important it is to ensure all items are properly refreshed through out the breakfast timeframe. I do hope both you and the readers of your review/my response will also read the many other reviews to realize this experience is not the norm. The large majority of our guests really enjoy their breakfast experience, but again apologize this was not the case for you.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I do hope you return and please expect that we will work harder to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

The service was of a higher quality than expected and the rooms were quite comfortable. The only complaint, and it doesn't really rise to that level, is the carpet needed a cleaning. The bed and pillows were excellent, the layout intuitive and everything worked. Would definitely stay again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. Wow, it is so rewarding to read that the staff exceeded your expectations. They work so hard to try and offer this same experience to all of our guests.

I am sorry that the carpet was not cleaned properly. I hope you let us know as we would have been happy to send someone up right away to vacuum the carpet. It is nice to read that this did not hamper your stay and you had an enjoyable visit.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. I do hope you return and please know we will work just as hard to exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The staff were the highlight of the visit. They were were courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable. They were able to answer a number of questions about metro stops and historical attractions. The shuttle to the metro and airport is very convenient.

Rooms are very spacious. The biggest concern was that the rooms were too warm. We turned the thermostat down to 60 but still felt like we were in a sauna. Only solution was to open the windows which meant we had to listen to street traffic all night. Something in the mechanical system banged all night. Bottom line my wife and I did not get much rest.

The complementary breakfast had a wide variety of yummy items. May have been a busy Sunday morning but it took a long time to replace depleted items and there was a long wait for omelettes.

The indoor pool is very small. Once it reaches its limit (I believe it was 34 or 24 guests) the door is locked until someone leaves.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for posting your review. It is very rewarding to read that the staff had such a positive impact on your stay. We strive to offer this experience to all of our guests as we understand that often times it is the customer service that makes the difference to our guests.

I am sorry to read that your suite was not comfortable and you did not get proper rest. I am sure this was frustrating to you and your wife and once again I apologize.

The omelet line is very popular, but the experienced omelet cooks typically keep the line moving very quickly. I am sorry this was not the case for you, but glad you found the offerings at breakfast to be delicious. There is a fire-code limit to the amount of people allowed in the pool area and when the line is longer the life guard will monitor the crowd to ensure when someone leaves others can come in.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. As always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We needed a hotel close to DC National airport to be able to pick up a car on Christmas day. The Embassy suites was a lovely hotel with excellent pricing. The room was a nice suite with 2 double beds and a foldout couch in a separate room. The beds were comfortable and the room was in good shape. The only complaint I had was the heat was not working properly, but once we complained, a maintenance person was dispatched promptly and the heating was fixed.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay experience. Please accept my apology for the faulty heat, but I am glad it was fixed quickly once you let us know. I hope you will remember this positive experience and choose to return.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. As always I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We booked two double queen suites for travel on December 15 to attend my brothers funeral at Arlington National Cemetery. The location was perfect for my group of 4. Easy to find off the freeway, convenient to restaurants, Metro, and Arlington National Cemetery. The hotel offers free shuttle to the Metro Stop and to restaurants and stores within a few miles of the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the happy hour reception and breakfast the following morning. Really no problems or issues with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience. First, I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. However, being he is buried in Arlington Cemetery I want to recognize him for being a true hero. We are fortunate to be in a location that is convenient to Arlington Cemetery via the Metro or driving.

Most hotels offer complimentary shuttle to Reagan Airport and/or the Metro. We are one of the few that also offer complimentary shuttle service to anywhere within Crystal City. This makes getting to so many dining options very simple.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the amenities that an Embassy Suites offers and appreciate you mentioning the clean suite as the housekeepers work very hard to make this happen. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon , but under happier times. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in hospitality -