“Business Trip to Washington”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mexico City, Mexico
“Business Trip to Washington”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice hotel in excellent location. Close to transportation and key places. Helpful staff and well maintained rooms. Only real complaints were too small fitness room and the fact that parking onsite was very expensive.l .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Timothy L
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the location to be convenient for your needs. The staff works hard to be helpful so your comments are appreciated.

I am sorry that you found the fitness room to be small. While the size is not going to change, we are slated to get new equipment in the upcoming month. I can understand why the parking charge may seem high for those who travel in from areas that do not charge. However, our charge of $26 per night is right in line with other Crystal City properties and well below hotels in Washington DC. Please note that we do offer package options that include parking for a discounted rate.

Thank you again for your review and choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon! As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Hebrew first
New York, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I came for a weekend with my boyfriend. We booked the room directly through the hotels website and they had different offers including a parking package which provided for free parking during our stay. The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and there was nice seating down there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you had a nice weekend away with your boyfriend. We do have many options of rates with different inclusions. I do recommend all travelers do as you did and view them all to see if a rate is offered including what is important to them.

Thank you again for your post and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you return soon. Please contact me anytime.

Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 February 2014

On one of the coldest days of the year, you had to wear your heavy coat in the lobby and bar/restaurant on the first floor during happy hour. The front desk assigned me to a different room type than the one that I had reserved, so I had to return with my luggage to the front desk for a new room assignment. The room that they gave me wound have having a window that could not be closed fully resulting in cold air pouring in all night long; I had to run the heat on high to maintain room temperature. The drapes didn't close properly either. Thankfully, I only had to stay one night. The disgusting smell of cigarette smoke poured out of the ventilation system next to the bathroom all night long. The complimentary breakfast was OK. No complimentary newspaper. I guess Embassy Suites no longer offers a satisfaction guarantee; upon checkout I complained about the window not closing and the front desk clerk said that maintenance would take a look at it. To add insult to injury, he directed me to the shuttle bus to the metro station which said "Pentagon City Metro" and the driver went to the airport. I've had better experiences at the nearby Hampton Inn and Doubletree properties. I won't return here.

Room Tip: Room numbers ending in 1 through 12 are away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 50StateVisitor
Thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry that your stay was a challenging one. I wish you had let us know that your window would not close as we would have sent someone right up. With how cold it is outside, I am so surprised this was not brought to our attention sooner and can't understand why it was opened in the first place. My apologies that the desk agent you spoke with did not properly apologize.

I can understand why you would be annoyed with a smoky smelling room. I will ask the Director of Engineering to look into this as that should not have occurred. We do have complimentary papers located in the breakfast area and at the front desk. Hilton Worldwide no longer delivers them to the suites as a majority went unread since so many people now read the news on their devices. I am sorry one was not available to you.

The Metro and Airport shuttle typically arrive together, but the driver is to announce which one it is so there is no confusion. I hope you will see by the many other reviews and our TripAdvisor ranking that your stay is not common for our guests. A manager has reached out to you directly to try and make this right. We absolutely care and will use your comments as a tool to help us improve so no other guests have the same experience that you did.

Thank you again for your post and I hope you accept my apology as I am truly sorry you left disappointed. Please contact me anytime.

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

With most reviews providing sufficient comment on the hotel in general I'm sticking to one service "provided" by the hotel. The WiFi service that the hotel claims to provide Is, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst service I have ever experienced in any hotel that I have stayed in and I have stayed in many, both within and out with the USA. As a qualifying Hilton honours member I'm lucky enough not to have to pay an outrageous $12.95 per 24 hours but if I did I would be asking for my money back. Quite simply the signal is diabolical with loss of service more frequent than availability. Be warned, if it is essential that you require an efficient WiFi service then this is not the hotel for you and you are likely to damage your device in throwing it against a wall through frustration.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John G
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry that you had a challenge with the wifi. I wish you had let us know during your visit. We have an off site office that monitors the signal, can offer support, and remotely reset routers. Typically if there is a challenge, it can be resolved through the support office. Again, I am sorry you were frustrated and really hope you did not break your device by throwing it against the wall.

Thank you again for your review. Once again, I am truly sorry this upset you, but hope the remainder of your stay with us was a positive one. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Boise, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Very nice experience. Staff and accommodations are excellent. Easy access to all points D.C. and Alexandria. Great complimentary hot breakfast. Close to Reagan Intl. I will stay here again during my visits to Washington D.C.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is so nice to read that you had a great stay. We are fortunate to be located in a spot that is very convenient to so many points. I am glad you found the hotel to be convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We went to Disney World last month. We live about a hour from National Airport so we decided to stay at a hotel close to the airport to avoid a long drive to the airport at 4am. I researched a bunch of hotels in the Crystal City area and decided on the Embassy Suites. I was glad I did. Everything about this hotel was very pleasant. The room had ample space. You can get a room with a King or 2 Double Beds, a separate living room with a pull out couch (enough room for 2 to sleep on). There is a mini kitchenette with microwave, sink and a fridge. The bathroom has plenty of the usual freebies (soap, shampoo, etc). They have a nightly managers reception from 5:30p to 7:30p with free booze and snacks. (What's not to like about that). We ate downstairs at the restaurant. Football playoffs were on so we sat at a table right in front of a big screen TV. The best part was you could order your free drinks and carry them with you into the dinning area so you didn't have to pay extra for alcohol. Our server couldn't have been more attentive or accommodating. (I wish I could remember his name). The staff was very friendly and answered all my questions. The Metro stop is about 2 blocks away and the free shuttle to the airport took us right to the door to our check in. We only stayed here for about 12 hours because our flight was so early but from the moment we stepped into the place until we left we felt right at home. When we travel out of National Airport again we plan on staying each time at this place. I actually recommended it to a friend who is coming to stay in the Washington D.C. area this April. This hotel really got our Disney trip off to a fantastic start.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is so nice to read that we exceeded your expectations. The spaciousness of the suite is a favorite among our guests, especially those traveling with their family. You are correct that is hard to beat getting complimentary snacks and drinks for two hours a day. The evening reception is an excellent way to unwind from a long day and/or get ready for that night's activities.

The playoffs were more interesting than the Superbowl so you picked a good night to enjoy the atmosphere offered in the atrium. It is rewarding to read that you had so many positive interactions with the staff. They work hard to offer this same experience to all of our guests. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary airport shuttle as that makes it so convenient for our travelers.

Thank you again for your review and for the recommendation. We hope you return soon and please know we will do our best to again exceed your expectations. I hope your Disney experience was just as fantastic. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

White Plains, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Not a very pleasant moment the one I had at the pool, just went outside to find a bathroom with a diaper changing station for my baby (pool bathroom doesn't have a changing table) only to come back and find out that my camera was missing and no one saw anything

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to post your review. I can understand how frustrating it must have been to have your camera taken. I am sorry it was not recovered and really wish there were not dishonest people that take things that do not belong to them. While there is a life guard there, he/she keeps their eyes on the pool . I wish we could have caught the person that took it and returned the camera to you. While thankfully these occurances are rare, we do recommend not leaving any valuable items unattended in the public areas. Again, I am sorry you had this experience.

Thank you again for your review and I hope all other aspects of your stay were positive. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.