“Nice spacious suite”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Overall nice stay. Lobby entrance not enviting at all. Did not receive a friendly welcome when checking in, although he was efficient. While understand going through renovation, it took away from a pleasant environment. Breakfast buffet was a nice touch. One day no forks, another day "hard" pancakes. Overall was very good. Nice location close to everything was a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is nice to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We are excited to have the remodel of the lobby and atrium end shortly. It is never easy going through these changes, but the end result will have a positive impact on our guests. We try to block off any areas that are being worked on with temporary walls and contain the noise to daytime hours when most guests are out of the hotel. I am sorry that the current status of the atrium impacted your stay in a negative way.

It is disappointing to read that the agent that checked you in did not welcome you with a warm smile. We understand how important the welcome is and the Director of Front Office will remind his team of that. I hope you let us know about the pancakes not being to your liking so we could try to make that right for you. I am truly sorry for the challenges you experienced.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return. We will work hard exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Free shuttles to the metro, the airport, and to local restaurants, saved us many dollars in taxi fares and meant we did not need a car to see DC. The hotel was in the process of improvements in the commons areas. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for the ease of transportation without using your car or taxis.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you found great value in the complimentary shuttles. It is a fantastic savings as there is no need for a taxi or rental car. We are excited for the remodel to end in early May so we can offer our guests a brand new and fresh lobby/atrium. Your comment on the staff is appreciated and it is nice to read that you had a positive stay experience.

Thank you again for your review and your recommendation. I hope you return soon so we can work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My family recently stayed for 3 nights at the Embassy Suites so that I could run the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run in DC. We booked through Priceline and got a great value. We had a great stay. The front desk staff was so helpful the entire time- we arrived far before the normal check-in time and they were able to get a room ready for us within minutes for early check in. I was up very early for the race on Sunday morning and the front desk staff cheerfully greeted me, wished me good luck and offered me a banana and bottle of water. Our room was spacious and clean and the two room layout was perfect for traveling with our one year old. The location is within easy walking distance of the metro, even pushing a stroller we made it there within about 10 minutes. We never took the shuttle to the metro and opted to walk each time. The airport shuttle was free and convenient too. The manager’s reception and free breakfast are great perks! The breakfast was crowded Saturday morning, but there was ample food and we were able to sit right down. The one negative from our entire stay was a strange, unpleasant smell in the lobby area and right outside the hotel- it smelled as though trash or a dumpster had not been emptied. By the third day of our stay it seemed to have diminished, and otherwise didn’t disrupt our stay. I would definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad you got a great value and congratulations in running the 10 mile Cherry Blossom run. We strive to meet each early check in request, but it is based on availability. It is nice to read that we could offer this to you and I appreciate you recognizing the front desk staff's efforts to have a positive impact in your stay experience.

The two room suite is a definite bonus when traveling with kids and makes for a much more comfortable stay than a smaller standard hotel room. Many of our guests really like having the option of walking to the Metro or taking the shuttle.

The great value comes in the complimentary breakfast and evening reception. I am glad you enjoyed both during your stay. I apologize for the smell as it was coming in from the outside, but I am glad you noticed it getting better during your stay. Thankfully this is a very rare occurrence as I do not remember this happening before. Your understanding is appreciated.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your return. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Overall good, if a little dated. Suite is from 20 years ago. Breakfast hot items not hot. Too many pillows and blankets too much or too little. Bath and shower okay. Living area of suite useful as a meeting room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for choosing to post your review. I am glad you had a nice overall stay, but sorry you are not a fan of the suite decor. The suites have been renovated more recently than 20 years ago and the feedback on them has been positive, but again I am sorry you were not happy with the look. I hope you were still able to be comfortable when in your suite.

I hope you told the breakfast manager about your food not being as hot as you would have liked. We always will work hard to make it right. Some guests prefer a lot of pillows, some prefer only one. Thankfully, the pillows are easy to remove if you do not want so many and they are there if you prefer a few.

It is nice to be able to have people back to your suite to meet in the living room and close the door to the bedroom so it does not feel invasive. This is a definite benefit of a suite over a standard hotel room. It is nice to read that you enjoyed this feature.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The first room we were in had water (rain) leaking into the window, the wallpaper was peeling and there was mold on the window sill and carpet. The heat didn't work so the room was very cold. It took 2 reports to the front desk before we were finally assigned a different room for the remainder of our stay. The internet connection (which I paid for) didn't work. I received a promo code from the front desk which worked, but our bill still showed a charge for internet service, which I was told would be taken off. It wasn't! This hotel had construction in the main restaurant area which closed off 2/3 of the atrium. This was very noisy early in the morning. The hot tub was also closed "under construction". NONE of the construction was listed on the website when we booked the room. We would not have stayed at this hotel had we known construction was taking place.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing stay experience. It should not have taken more than one call to address the challenges you were having and my apologies that it did.

I will see to it that the Internet charge is removed and a revised receipt is sent to you. It is so important to follow through on promises made and our staff is typically very proactive in doing so. I am sorry this did not occur in this instance.

We are excited that the atrium/lobby remodel will be over soon and look forward to displaying our new look to our guests. I am sorry that the noise had a negative impact on your stay. We have been very careful to schedule any noisy work during the day when most of our guests are out of the hotel and none on the weekends. The workers do not begin prior 9am, but I am sorry this disturbed you. Actually, the hot tub is closed due to a needed repair.

Thank you again for your review and once again, I am very sorry that you left disappointed. I hope you return as I am confident that if given another opportunity that you would have a much more positive experience. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We loved the Manager's reception from 5:30-7:30 nightly. Free snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. This made up for the $26/night parking fee. Shuttles ran twice/ hr which was very convenient . WIFI is $12.95/device and it did not work half the time. The house keeping staff were very friendly. Construction was being done in the atrium area but it did not pose a problem . We were disappointed the hot tub was under construction the whole time we were there. Overall, very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. What could be better than two hours of complimentary snacks, alcoholic, and non alcoholic beverages? I am glad you had an enjoyable time at the evening reception. It is a great time to unwind from a long day and/or get the evening started.

The parking charge is in line with the area, but I am glad you felt the complimentary reception balanced this out. My apologies that the WiFi caused you frustration as I am sure this was unproductive. It is nice to read that you took advantage of the complimentary shuttle service as it makes getting around so simple.

I appreciate you recognizing the suitekeepers friendly demeanor. We are so excited for the Atrium/lobby to reopen and the feedback has been great on how little impact this has had on our guests. We really have worked hard to ensure the work does not disrupt our guests and I am glad the project did not stop you from having a great stay. The hot tub is slated to reopen soon; unfortunately it was an unexpected needed repair.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Having stayed at this hotel multiple times over the past four years I can confidently say that the service and facilities have declined significantly. There are far better places to stay for the price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bryan P
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for choosing to share your review. I am very sorry that you feel this way and would love to learn more details about your experience. The large majority of our guests leave happy and wanting to return. Unfortunately, without the details of why you feel this way I can not address your concerns. However, I truly apologize for letting you down.

Thank you again for your review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Yours in Hospitality -