“Location, Location, Location”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We selected this hotel because of its location to the things we wanted to do around DC and getting to and from Reagan International. We were not disappointed. The freeway and beltways are less than a mile away, They have 3 shuttles and will take you to the airport, the mall or anywhere else if you arrange it before hand. I even saw a few of the trollies and tour buses swing in to pick folks up.

The rooms are very large and my wife and I were very comfortable.. Ours had a good sized bedroom with a comfy, king size bed. It also had a large flat screen TV on top of a convenient dresser. The bathroom was the perfect size and was very clean. The living room had a comfortable couch, a flat screen TV, a desk with 3 chairs, an easy chair, a roll about coffee table, a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker.

The hotel had an indoor pool and fitness center. The lobby area, it was very inviting and it led right into the main dining area. I didn't eat lunch or dinner in the hotel restaurant but they did offer a complimentary happy hour and breakfast was included. They offered fresh made omelets, hot tray eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. It also had a good selection of fresh fruits, yogurts, oatmeal and breads.

The rooms were all located in a square, surrounding an 8 story atrium. They had three elevators for the rooms and one for the lower parking garage. It was very secure and we felt very safe.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We are fortunate to be in a location that is convenient to so much. The shuttles sure make it simple to get around and can be a nice savings as rental cars and taxis may not be needed. I am glad you were not disappointed by our location!

It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite accommodations. Many of our guests really like that the suite is so much more spacious than a standard room found at other hotels. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception help make the value of an Embassy Suites almost unbeatable. I am glad you took advantage of these amenities.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon and we will work just as hard to again exceed your expectations.. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

jennifer.geiger@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was a very nice hotel that offered wonderful shuttle service in the area and to the local transportation sites (Metro, airport). The staff was quite friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic. The only real challenge was finding a place to sit to eat because the area was quite congested both Saturday and Sunday mornings. This presented only a minor problem. Definitely a place to consider when traveling to the DC area.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. It is nice to read that you had a great experience. While most hotels only offer a shuttle to the Metro and/or Reagan Airport, we also offer a complimentary shuttle to anywhere within Crystal City. Our guests really enjoy this amenity and I am glad you did too. Your comment on the staff is very much appreciated. I am sorry that you found the breakfast area to be too crowded, but glad it did not prevent you from having a positive experience.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel was really old & outdated. Not like the other embassy I stayed in. Furniture looked ancient. Lighting was dim. Smelled like old cigarettes in the room too.

We paid for a parking package and there was no parking space available when we got there. Front desk had to help move things around in the underground parking for us. Parking area was terrible with lack of space, tight parking spots, a construction area at the end, terrible for vans and SUV's to park in.

Found dead bed bugs in the nasty pull out couch.
1. They offered to spray the bed.
2. Find a rollaway bed to go next to the couch.
3. Suggested we sleep in the bedroom on the bed. I said we had 4 people in the room & we can't fit in one bed. Then the front desk man was like " you have 4 people, that's going to be an extra charge." I told him I clearly checked in 4 people and was not lying about my check in. I found this very rude!!! Worst customer service ever!!!
I asked if they were going to move the bed at all but they said with the limited amount of staff they were not able to move the couch out. Instead they offered me solutions where I would have to sleep on the couch or sleep next to the couch.
I finally spoke to the manager to move me and my family to another sister hotel. They were unable to find another room in the hotel because they were booked up with a huge family reunion that are staying there. If we did stay and opted for a rollaway bed next to the bed bug couch, it would take a while as they were short on rollaway beds. This was already at 11:30 pm.
As I went upstairs to discuss the options they gave me with my family. A cleaning lady was knocking at the door and ready to clean the room and we haven't even left yet! I'm not sure if they were going to clean the room and book someone to stay in the room as soon as we leave.

We packed our things and drove 10-15 min away to the Embassy suites in Alexandria. That hotel was cleaner, modern, no bed bugs, friendlier staff and ample of parking.

Stay away from this hotel !!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review. Before addressing your review I want to point out to all readers that when a claim comes in for bed bugs, the suite is put out of order and then an outside company comes in to inspect that suite and the surrounding ones. This procedure was followed for this suite and thankfully the report for bed bugs came back negative. So while I am sorry you saw a bug in the couch and I am sure it was upsetting, it is important to note that it was not bed bugs.

I apologize that you had such a disappointing experience. The suite you were in was non smoking so I am unsure why you had a smokey smell. This has not come up before in that suite from prior guests or guests that stayed in that suite since. We typically have plenty of parking for our guests in our three level parking garage. That particular weekend there was a lot of drive in traffic which caused the garage to be full. We have many guests and employees that do drive SUV's and vans each day, but I am sorry that you found it to be difficult to navigate through the lot.

It most definitely appears that your challenge with the sofa could have been handled better and we have gone over this with the staff. Due to our proactive pest control situations like these are very rare, but in the event there is a repeat I am confident that it will be rectified differently.

I am glad that you were able to accommodated at another Embassy Suites and went on to have a nice stay experience there. Again, I am sorry your time with us was not positive. Due to the negative perception of a hotel accused of bed bugs, I do want to reiterate that this room came back as negative for a bed bug inspection conducted by an outside vendor. This does not minimize your experience as it was so disappointing for you and I truly am sorry this occurred.

Thank you again for your review and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here during weekend of our International Convention, July 31-Aug 3, 2014. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms spacious and accommodating. Parking is a bit tight especially after 7pm when at or near capacity but overall we really enjoyed our stay. Embassy's signature breakfast buffet and cocktail hours is #1.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. We were so happy to welcome you and your fellow convention attendees to the hotel. It is rewarding to read that you found the staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed your suite accommodations.

That weekend, due to the convention, the parking garage was much more full than usual and I am sorry that this caused you some frustration. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary amenities that help make an Embassy Suites such an excellent value.

Thank you again for your review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The worse Embassy Suites that I have every stayed in. Quality of food has gone down considerably. Location of some of the rooms cannot receive the internet. I am a Hilton Honors member and expected more. I know these properties are franchised, however the professionalism by the front desk clerks upon check in was abysmal. Finally, seriously lack of detail in cleaning the rooms, and the list goes on.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review. I am so sorry we let you down, but so glad you let us know while you were here and accepted the credit offered to you as way to try and make it right. Your comments have been shared with the entire team and we will most definitely work harder to ensure our other guests do not share your experience.

Thank you again for your review. We take your comments very seriously and will use your comments to help us improve. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

These suites are so large and comfortable. My family and I totally enjoyed our stay and will book here when ever we travel. Staff very pleasant and helpful and right near a Mall. Everything I needed. The price was a plus.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jennifer G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City - National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for posting your review. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your suite and had such a positive experience. The staff works hard to make a positive impact on each guest's' experience so it is rewarding to read that this was the case for you. We are fortunate to be so close to the Metro/mall I am glad you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

Thank you again for your review and for staying with us. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

No customer service whatsoever - every employee, when you could find one, was rude, curt and looked annoyed to be at work, right down to the lifeguards at the pool. I asked three different people for a plate and everyone seemed to be annoyed I was there and asking. Breakfast was way too crowded and confusing. The "mangers reception" is just a long line at the bar for watered down drinks and popcorn and pretzels. Hotel rooms were ok, but not anything special. Parking expensive and inconvenient location to the metro and the Crystal City shops. We chose this hotel thinking a Hilton hotel couldn't be bad but I changed an upcoming trip from an Embassy Suites because this stay was such a bummer.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank J B

Thank you for posting your review. It is disappointing to read that your perception of the staff is a negative one. We will work on improving this so other guests do not leave with the same feeling. Your request should have been met with a smile and a willingness to help and I am sorry it was not.

Breakfast is very popular and we try to alert guests as to the least busy times with some signage in the elevators. This is the first I have heard that it is confusing and wish you would have shared more details. The snacks at the evening reception rotate as some nights it is popcorn and pretzels while other nights it is veggies and dips or fruit and cheese. The evening reception food options are consistent at all Embassy Suites and are meant to be lite snacks to enjoy with your beverage. Most guests really enjoy the evening reception, but I am sorry that you did not.

The parking charge is in line with other Crystal City hotels and well below the prices inside Washington DC. In all honesty, it is very surprising to read that you found our location to be inconvenient to the Metro and shops as our convenience to these locations is one of the most common comments we receive. Many guest really enjoy walking the four blocks or riding in the complimentary shuttle.

Thank you again for your review. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.