Hilton Arlington
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)
US$313
US$271
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$106
US$361
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$199
US$174
US$214
  • Breakfast included
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$152
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$170
1,115 results
All reviewsballston metrothe executive loungeballston areaorange linemetro stopexcellent locationconvenient locationclub levelfront desk staffshopping mallper dayrestaurants within walking distancebusiness triproom was clean and comfortabledefinitely stay here againdowntown dcself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2012

this hotel is beautiful, the staff is friendly, helpful and efficient...the rooms are clean and comfortable and the price is usually very affordable - there is absolutely nothing to complain about....If you need someplace to stay when visiting DC it is only a couple of metro stops from the center of Washington and so much less expensive than the hotels inside the city...we have stayed there many times and have never been disappointed

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my 14 year old son. The hotel is very close to a metro station and that made it a good base for my son and I to go into D.C. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. On the down side, the hotel atmosphere was lacking in warmth. This is a business hotel first and foremost. It is in the heart of downtown Arlington. If I had it to do over again, we would have stayed in D.C.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our atmosphere. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We want you to know that we appreciate all of our guest and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have frequented this property over the past several years (I may have reviewed it before). Although the rooms are a bit pricy, the service is outstanding! The staff members are friendly and go above and beyond to ensure that guests enjoy their stay. The location is convenient - it is adjacent to the Ballston Metro stop and attaches via skywalk to Ballston Commons mall. Wheelchairs are available (free of charge) to guests with mobility impairments. There are only a couple of things that I would change about this property: (1) include refrigerators in the rooms and (2) don't charge for in-room Internet access.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor give you access to the Executive Lounge, a comfortable place to relax and have breakfast and snacks (Sunday through Thursday).
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I called early in the day around 9:30 to let them know that we would be arriving earlier than expected. The woman never asked me what my name was or what room I reserved. She said don't worry, we will have rooms ready. Okay fine, good we can check-in early. We get to the front desk and there are others checking in early as well. She tells us we don't have your king room ready. I told her when I called you should have asked me what room I reserved instead of telling me there are rooms available. So we asked how else can we be accommodated - free parking, breakfast, etc. Nothing but attitude.

The room we got had a very strong oder. Never again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonArlingtonVA, Director of Sales at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. I apologize for the room assignment and early check-in request not meeting your expectations. While room type and early check-in requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. In addition I also want to take this time to say how sorry I am that your customer service experience was unsatisfactory. I can assure you that my main priority is to make sure our guest are greeted in an exceptional way. I have already discussed this with our front desk staff and taken the necessary actions to ensure this does not happen again. I would like very much to earn your business and hope that next time your travels bring you to the area, you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I stayed here one night for business and expected a little more for what I paid. I've been to a number of other Hiltons in this area for business and have usually been pretty impressed with what I've gotten, but this time there wasn't anything that really stood out. The hotel was fine, nothing in particular to complain about, but nothing to rave about. As a Hilton Diamond member, I am usually really surprised and pleased with the perks at Hilton hotels, but this time there wasn't really anything special. I had booked a room on the executive level and the hotel didn't seem too full, but didn't get any sort of upgrade. The executive lounge, which they said would have snack and beverages available, had some burnt cookies and a nearly-empty bowl of fruit with some water and sodas. I was hoping for a few other snack to choose from so was a little disappointed that I'd taken the time to go all the way down there since it was on the ground floor and the exec rooms were all the way on the 7th.
The room itself was pretty small. The doors were so loud it was pretty much impossible not to seem like you were slamming them every time you went in and out. The walls seemed pretty thin as well since we could hear every time there was someone out in the hallway or in the adjacent rooms. The bathroom was fine, but tiny. The hinge on the door to the bathroom was loose so the door was hanging unevenly, and it took a bit of a trick to lift the door so it would align properly in order to get it closed. The air conditioner was very, very loud and seemed to have a hard time keeping the room at a constant temperature. It would come on for a minute or two and freeze the room, and then wouldn't come back on until the room was too warm for comfort. I also noticed a water stain or two on the ceiling.
The breakfast buffet was average, nothing too impressive, but since it was free I can't complain too much about that. I definitely would not have paid the $16 that it normally costs, though.
The staff was nice and the parking was close by, although I was very glad to have gotten the package that included parking because it's $17 per night for self parking otherwise.
With so many other Hiltons in the area that are equally or less expensive, I'd probably choose to stay in one of the other properties and drive a little further to work.

Room Tip: It doesn't seem to be worth the extra money to pay for the executive level.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business