“Dont' stay on the 4th floor”
Review of Hilton Arlington

Hilton Arlington
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel in 4 weeks. The first ws delightful. We were on the 5th floor and the beds had "new" mattress covers which made them extremely comfortable. Our refrigerator wasn't working. I left a message with the front desk early (8:30am) the next morning to check on it. When I returned to the hotel at midnight, it still wasn't working, and no note about it. I called the front desk and asked them to send someone to check on it. Their first response was "Is it plugged in?" I again, explained, that I had told them early in the am that it wasn't working had asked for it to be checked. Since the plug is behind a massive set of drawers and a tv bookcase, I had no way to check on it being plugged in. Anyway, they sent up a guy, who fixed it with some pliers and it worked.... Pity they hadn't checked as requested early in the am. My next stay was on the 4th floor, miserable mattress pads, so a miserable three nights. The restaurant is nice and food very tasty. I will have to stay there at least once more for business, but isn't my fav.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 4th floor, the mattress pads are worn out or were never changed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel boasts a good location, but it lacks style and character. Maybe I've been spoiled by my many Hilton stays over the years, but I was underwhelmed by this no frills hotel. On the other hand, I wasn't looking for the hotel to satisfy all my aesthetica and entertainment needs. I did thoroughly enjoy the restaruant food and the quirky bartender. I appreciated the GM meeting and greeting people at the reception. Would I stay there again if I were in the area? Yes.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

This place is SO convenient to the metro. Just up outside the metro exit and you are there. Stayed one night for business. A nice mall is connected by crosswalks so you don't even have to go outside. Room was spotless and very comfy. I didn't try the restaurant for breakfast but went to the Ihop across the street instead, which was fine. I would stay here again for pleasure. It would be so nice to fly into Reagan and hop on the metro to sightsee and not even need a car!

• Stayed: November 2013
HiltonArlingtonVA, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Hilton Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank You for choosing Hilton Arlington during your travels to the Washington DC area. We are pleased that you had a delightful stay and everything was to your satisfaction. We welcome you to stay with Hilton Arlington again on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Exceptionally poor service & Food preparation. Served coffee with no spoon. Asked for spook and took two requests before received spoon. Asked for half Grapefruit. Served two halves cut around the periferie but NOT segmented and again with no spoon/ Called management and asked how ai was supposed to eat this, and they were shocked. Waited 15 minutes for new grapefruit, and eventually gave up. I ate and drank nothing in a 30 minute frustrated wait. What a terrible start to the day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with your restaurant experience and our customer service. Our GM sends his apology personally. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Amazing hotel, excellent location, next to Ballston metro stop, and upmarket Arlington area, very close to restaurants and nearby Ballston Mall make this hotel a pleasure to stay. Courteous staff makes your stay worthwhile.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectation. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Washington DC area.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice place to stay, Location is great if you plan on visiting the DV area. You walk out of the back door of the lobby into a covered mall area and right on the subway.. Walk the other way and you cross the street again in a covered walk way into a huge mall. Staff was nice/fast/polite. Parking Sucked, They really need to make you more aware of the pricing on the book web page.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you found our amenities and locations to be convenient. Thank you, for your feedback, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our website. We look forward to your future stay with Hilton Arlington.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Good location, great hotel with all amenities, staff very friendly and courteous. You can walk to many nice restaurants. You can park your car in the underground garage next door without the need for valet parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple