Holiday Inn Arlington At Ballston
  • Room Service
US$293
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$174
US$151
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Centric Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$214
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$140
EconoLodge
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$175
US$192
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$143
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskballston metro stationmile radiusrooms are cleanthe shuttle driverorange linerestaurants in the areawithin walking distancebusiness tripdc areabreakfast buffetper nightblock walkthe hotel offerscoffee makersadeparking
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Went there for a 2 nights stay with 2 kids. Room needs renovation but was clean. Perfect location, quick walk to the metro and lots of things around. very friendly staff. Nice pool with lifeguards. Take note you have to pay for parking. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jeepmtl
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I visited HI Ballston with thew family.for vacation.
Good place and easy to take metro to Washington.
Prices are reasonable but for breakfast you have to pay (even if you are platinum level...). This was OK as the variety around for food is great.
Quite place and clean.the view from the room is limited even if you face to the main street.
The hotel stuff are smiley and welcoming.

Room Tip: Close to the metro (10 minutes walk)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rafael K
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I accompanied my husband on his buisness trip. This is a clean hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful. The cleaning staff very friendly. We LOVE the bartender, Roberto! I left behind a set of earrings but called as soon as I thought of them. They not only found them but are holding for husband to pick up on his next trip. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I chose this location as our home base for a long weekend of sight-seeing in DC. I wanted a place close to a metro station, and one that could guarantee me a room with two double beds. I was unfamiliar with Ballston, so candidly, there were other hotels at other locations that I would have preferred, but they couldn't guarantee the kind of room I wanted.

This one could, so we took it. While it is near the metro, I'd say it's a bit further away than some have described; maybe more like 4 or 5 blocks. That's still not bad, but you do feel the last few blocks walking from the metro after a long day of walking around DC. Having said that, its proximity to the interstate makes it easy to get there by car. And it's in a good, safe, quiet, pleasant area that's very walkable at night and has decent restaurants nearby.

The room was clean (mostly) and comfortable, including the bed and linens. I noticed some of the wallpaper was old and starting to come loose, and I also noticed an off-putting smudge on the wall that was either ketchup or blood! But it was small, and I didn't complain.

I agree with those who said that breakfast was good, but a little on the expensive side. But if you're in a hurry, it's the way to go. IHOP is down the street near the metro, but it's a little slower, and really not much cheaper.

I want to commend the staff at this location. They were professional and welcoming always, and even gave us free band aids when my daughter developed a blister on her foot.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The room was neat, tidy, and the daily cleaning staff kept it perfectly clean throughout our stay--not easy with four people. The desk staff were friendly and always eager to help us. The restaurant staff were exceptional, and the food was excellent. A special shoutout goes to "Sr. B," the waiter who politely let my daughter practice her Spanish with him each morning. We greatly appreciated Mohammed, the van driver, who dropped us off and picked us up a couple of times. We also enjoyed the pool each evening and the presence of a lifeguard. This hotel is within walking distance to the metro, a mall, and many other shopping needs. Our family members arrived by train and airplane and never had to use a car at all, making this a truly relaxing vacation. The rooms were nice and the hotel is well-maintained. It was a great place to stay while visiting the DC sights. However, it's the the staff who are the real stars and who make this well-run hotel such a great place to stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family