I stayed at this property for 5 days on a DC business trip. Overall it is a nice property in a quiet area of Crystal City, short walk to the metro, with easy access to the shopping and restaurants. From the Crystal City metro stop it is easy access to the sites of DC.
Rooms are decent size, although the bathroom I had was a bit small and cramped.The staff were very good and helped with whatever I needed.The shuttle drivers were great. You can call the hotel when you arrive at DCA and they send someone to pick you up. They will also give you a ride to areas around the hotel. I had meetings about a mile from the hotel and they dropped me off and came back to get me afterwards.The Potomac grill had decent food and was a good place to hang out for a drink. Fitness center is nothing special, but OK.
The only thing keeping me from rating this a 5 is the breakfast buffet. It was the same thing ever morning with no variety and a couple mornings it was clear the food had been sitting there under the warmers unattended for quite a while. I paid for breakfast with my reservation and so received the coupons for each of the 5 mornings I was there - which were good for the buffet. In retrospect I would not add breakfast to the reservation but would use the ala carte menu.
All that being said I certainly recommend this property and will stay there again when I am back in that area of DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers, and a 43" flat-panel television. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington