My wife wanted to see DC so I started to look for rooms for the weekend of 5/16. Unbeknownst to me, Georgetown University was having their graduation that weekend. The rates were on the high side in DC but many were sold out anyway, so I checked out Arlington. I was concerned about airplane noise since were right next to one but I didn't hear a plane, not even outside, weird.
I settled on The Crown Plaza largely due to price, it was $50 to $75 less per night than the other "decent" chain hotels. I made a good choice.
The staff was really friendly and helpful about info on the National Mall. We were able to check in 3 hours early and were happy with our clean room. The Metro is only a couple of blocks away and I didn't use my car all weekend. There is also an underground shopping mall right next to the Metro.
The hotel has a nice breakfast restaurant with a Starbucks next door. There is another restaurant that serves lunch and dinner along with a nice bar. We did have drinks there but didn't eat there.
There is a gym, outdoor pool 24hr sundry room and a conference center.
I didn't expect (or need) much but I found the hotel and location to be ideal.
I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel in Arlington, Virginia is a first class, full service hotel located in the heart of Crystal City. Only moments away from the Nation s Capitol and the Pentagon, we are less than one mile from Reagan National Airport. Located within minutes of Washington, DC agencies and attractions, the Crowne Plaza has been newly upgraded offering the Sleep Advantage Program for your additional comfort. With you in mind, each guest room offers plush duvet covers with 7 pillows, upgraded linen and mattress toppers, and a 43" flat-panel television. The Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel is close to companies and agencies such as US Airways, IBM, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, National Guard , and many more. We specialize in government travelers offering per diem rates. Stay connected with our free Wireless High Speed Internet Access in our public areas and 24 Hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24 Hour Fitness Center. The Crystal City Metro Station is one block away with Historic Old Town Alexandria only two miles. We boast five meeting rooms plus an array of business class amenities. We take pride in providing exemplary customer service and will take care of your every need. Come to the Crowne Plaza National Airport Hotel, The Place To Meet! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Arlington
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Arlington