“Great location near metro, clean with friendly staff.”

Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
San angelo, tx
“Great location near metro, clean with friendly staff.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location was about a block from the metro and the hotel will shuttle you to that metro or the mall nearby. It was very clean and the staff was very helpful with directions. I would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very nice hotel, came in late and there were a bunch of kids running around, I thought it would be noisy and was not, I was on a floor with no kids and very quiet...I think the hotel planned that, Very thoughtful. Shuttle from airport was prompt, check in was nice and fast. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here on May 21st and May 22nd for my class trip to Washington D.C. The location of the hotel is in the downtown area of Arlington, which means there are many places to eat in the area. My room had a really good view in my opinion, which was the downtown district. The rooms and beds were clean and comfortable, as were the bathroom. The television has many channels and is good quality. My room even had a mini fridge! The only thing I dislike about the hotel is that the stairs do not go down to the lobby, so the elevator was the only option, which was a disadvantage since another school was staying at the hotel and it was often 8-9 people to an elevator, but that didn't really bother me. Overall, it is a great hotel, and I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert D
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Wonderful hotel with fantastic beds, furniture, etc. Staff was great. Great location. Wish they had breakfast, though. Best to stay on weekend for super rates... About 1/3 the usual price. Just across the bridge from Mall!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cindynor41
Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for the weekend while visiting DC to see the New York Mets play the Nationals. For the most part, was very pleased. The Front Desk was was very friendly at check in. Our room was nice and spacious with a good size TV with cable. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The Bathroom was a decent size and free of any mold. The Hotel had a bar/restaurant but due to our schedule, we did not get to stop in.

The Hotel is close to the Metro in Crystal City, VA which is good because there is not a ton of night life near the area.

My only issue was that we had booked our room far in advance. I had requested a room with two beds. When I called the Hotel the night of to let them know I would be late, the woman who answered the phone said no problem because we already paid for our room. When we get to the Hotel to check in, the front desk tells me that I can't have the double bed room because they gave it to someone else, so they gave me a suite with a King Size Bed and a Sofa/bed. Ok, so I am thinking the sofa pulls out into a bed so I don't mind. We go up and the sofa does not pull out into a bed and there are no extra blankets in the room. My brother slept on the couch anyways but I just thought if I paid for a specific room, I should have received that room.

Other than that, I would still stay at this hotel again as we were overall happy with this location.

Room Tip: The suites appear to be right behind the elevators so it may get a little loud in the morning.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times while visiting my son who has attending GWU. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is wonderful with a wide array of foods. It is a 2 block walk to hop on the Metro which takes you to where every you need to go in DC. It is near the airport and not far from a shopping center. The hotel shuttle will pick you up and take you to the airport. If you rent a car there is the standard overnight parking fee.
There is a Starbucks inside the hotel. I would recommend this Crowne Plaza for business or pleasure a great place to stay while discovering DC.

Green Features: Pleased with their environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent one night over Memorial Day weekend at this Crowne Plaza Hotel. It was not my first stay there and I chose it for the value, and good location. The staff was most accommodating to get us into a room for early arrival and even upgraded us to a small suite. The location is great for restaurants and metro. There is a free shuttle to the airport. The restaurant (sports bar and grille) in the hotel was good and convenient after a long day of sightseeing. Our room was clean and nice comfy bed. A plus is the free computer usage in the lobby and a Starbucks up on Mezzanine level. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family