Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)
US$316
US$271
Marriott Hotels
US$109
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$143
ComfortInn
US$202
US$172
  • Pool
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$475
US$361
RitzCarlton.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$120
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$176
All reviewscrystal cityveranda cafenice hotelnational airportshuttle servicefront desk staffrooms are comfortablefree shuttlewould stay here againunderground malldc areametro stopan early flightbusiness tripeasy accessbreakfast buffetcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The room was nice and a good size. We were on the 9th floor and it was also fairly quiet. The bathroom is a little small, but functional. The room was clean, but the toiletries were not replaced with the cleaning. The hotel staff is nice, but no one really goes out of their way to wow you about anything. There is a shopping area close by, but everything seems to close early on the weekend, so we ended up eating at the hotel for dinner. The food was ok, but would not go back. The pool is small, but after a very hot day in D.C., it was nice to come back and relax at it. The Metro is only a block away and the there is a Dunkin Donuts there if you want something different than Starbucks. Room rate was reasonable and would consider staying there again on our next trip in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel will probably meet your needs, but it isn't going to wow you. The room and linens were sufficiently clean. The hotel staff was about average - nothing remarkable. The staff will likely not seem interested in going out of their way to make your stay comfortable or enjoyable. I didn't wait too long to check in or out, although I noticed that there seems to be a number of staff hanging around that don't seem to want to talk to clients. The elevators didn't keep you waiting too long, and the wifi seemed fast enough and was easily accessible.

In the room, the shower had a good amount of water pressure, though the curtain was a little dirty and tired, as was the balance of the decor. Despite requesting a king sized bed, my room had two double beds. Although this wasn't the end of the world, it also added to my overall rating of the hotel. The bathroom was tiny, but good enough for one guest. The A/C worked well enough. However, the fan did not provide sufficient white noise to drown out the other noises in the hotel, such as the SLAMMING DOORS all night/morning long, which is highly irritating. I was also unable to darken my room sufficiently as light was still coming in around the curtains, and there was a very bright light in the vicinity of my window. I had no complaints about the bed, pillows, etc. The cleaning staff did their job, and I never saw them, though they also didn't replace any of the toiletry items during my three night stay.

The breakfast available is a good value for the price, and the selection is pretty good. It is, however, a little repetitive. There is also a Starbucks inside the hotel, which is very convenient. The foodservice staff are very good, pleasant and efficient.

The location of the hotel is good. It is really close to Reagan airport and to the metro. There are shops within walking distance, but the hours of these shops are not great for those that might be looking to shop in the evenings or later on the weekends. I arrived on a Sunday evening and everything was closed. Strangely, there also didn't seem to be a convenience store in the area.

I didn't find great value in this hotel, but perhaps that is the going rate in this area? If I returned to the area again, I would look around to see what else was available and try somewhere else first. Failing that, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
CPNationalAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Washington National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Honkerlee:

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review. It is through reviews like yours that we are able to identify the areas in which our hotel and staff are excelling and those that could use improvement.

While we are glad to hear our facilities largely met your needs, we are sorry to hear we did not ‘wow’ you. I will pass on your concerns regarding our front desk staff, air conditioning, and in-room amenities and furnishings. We are always looking for ways to improve!

Still, we are happy to hear you enjoyed our full breakfast buffet available to all guests, as well as our on-site Starbucks. In fact, we are the only hotel in the Crystal City area with a Starbucks on-site. We are also glad you enjoyed our close proximity to the Reagan National Airport.
We do hope you will give our property another chance should your travels return you to our area. We would appreciate a second opportunity to impress you.

If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation, please feel free to contact me directly at (703) 310-8979 or by email at libby.vertz@bfsaul.com.

Warm regards,

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Well as they say: any port in the storm. My husband had to stay here because he did not make his connection at Reagan National Airport. The hotel desk clerk was rude to him and I quote: You are lucky that you got this room, we are sold out and no one should have given it to you." Believe me: No gave him the room for $369. It was dumpy especially for price. After USAir Lost his bags and delayed and missed flights it would have been nice to receive some nice customer service from the hotel. The personal at hotel acted like they were doing him a favor. Accommodations not so great either. He checked in after midnight on 6-25.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank KarenandJohnny

Dear LynneandCharles2:

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your husband’s recent stay at our hotel. It is through reviews like this we are able to identify the areas of our hotel that could use improvement.

We regret to hear about the customer service your husband received. All our guests are as welcome as the next, no matter the circumstances under which their reservation was booked; and your husband should have been welcomed more cordially.

We do hope you and your husband will give our hotel a second chance, should your travels return you to the Washington, DC area. If you would like any assistance setting up a reservation, please feel free to contact me at (703) 416-1600.

Libby Vertz
Guest Relations

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Location was good a block away from metro to go into D.C..
Room was nice and clean I stayed in room 314 rights across from elevator and ice machine you would think it would be loud but it wasn't however the people in the hallway and next door where very loud.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel and rooms are nice, noise in hotel halls not too bad. Generally the staff was welcoming and helpful but, although the breakfast buffet was excellent, it seemed to be understaffed and too few staff members running around unorganized when busy. The Potomac Bar & Grille might be good for a drink but for a dinner the service and food were just acceptable. One block from Metro and we certainly enjoyed our city stay. I would stay here again, just find another place for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family