Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Crystal Gateway Marriott(Arlington)
US$313
US$271
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Ballston(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$106
US$361
  • Room Service
Econo Lodge Metro(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$115
EconoLodge
US$174
  • Restaurant
Virginian Suites Arlington(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$214
  • Breakfast included
US$190
US$172
Americana Hotel(Arlington)(Great Value!)
US$170
All reviewsnational airportcrystal citypark and flyshuttle servicefree shuttlefront desk agentpleasant staydc areaan early flightbed was comfortablemetro stopfree breakfastfitness centerbusiness centerfew blocksparking garagedca
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2011

Booked this stay online directly thru Holiday Inn, about 1 or 2 weeks before our trip my wife called the front desk & asked for room 1106 ( we had stayed in this room before & liked it). We were assured that this was no problem. When I checked in, I was assigned room 1130. When I questioned the girl at the desk, she said thar room 1106 was occupied & 1130 was the only room left on the 11th floor. I decided to take it. After we got to the room, my wife went to the front desk to see what happened. The person at the desk said 1106 had guests in it, when the hotel manager got involved, he told har that the room was out of service & gave us free parking. We decided to order room service & were told they were to busy for room service & it would be a 2 hr. wait, we called the front desk & they said they couldn't get room service on the phone at all. About 30 min. later room service called our room and took the order. The food was ok. The next day we found the toilet leaking onto the floor, another call to the front desk to get that fixed. WE decided to try room service again that night. They were prompt & nice My wife gave them specific instructions for her food (a burger without a roll due to food allergies not to hard, right). When the food came, there was her burger sitting on a nice roll. Tried to call room service, they didn't answer after 4 attempts. Luckily, she could eat what I ordered & I ate the burger. Also, the swimming pool has been empty for a few years now. I hope they understand why we won't be staying there anymore. By the way I am a priorty club member.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Hello BEARDOG22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about our hotel, The Holiday Inn National Airport, on TripAdvisor. We would like to sincerely apologize that we were unable to completely satisfy your needs during your stay with us.

We work very hard to please our guests and try to make any accommodations possible to make your stay enjoyable. Let me assure you we take this feedback very seriously as it is a critical tool to assist us in providing excellent service to our guests. Our goal is to completely satisfy every one of our guests.

We hope that if you are ever in the area again that you choose to stay with us.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2011

Had an early morning flight and a 10 day trip planned so chose this property because it was a HI and the park and fly deal. Letting you leave your car for 10 days was quite a perk!
Front desk staff was very helpful and they have a pub or a diner to eat (both serve the same food). Parking garage was convenient to property and elevator is the same for parking and rooms. There is a McDonalds and CVS pharmacy right next door open 24 hours if you desire. Rooms were up to date and bed was comfortable. Only thing of note is that the airport bus starts at 4:45AM so we had to take a taxi, no big deal. Will stay again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
wilkersonj, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Hello and thank you for your review on our hotel! We are extremely satisfied that you were pleased with your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our Park and Fly! Our goal is to completely satisfy every one of our guests. We hope that if you are ever in the area again that you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

We stayed here on a school trip. The rooms were comfortable, and the hotel was amazingly quiet, especially since we were near the airport. I found the bathroom to be a little small. My only real complaint was the desk staff. They would pretty much ignore you if you went up to the desk. Would talk on the phone, or to each other rather than assist me. Once, I literally left the desk and went all the way up to my room and called them, because they ignored me when I stood right before them. The breakfast was hot and good and had excellent variety.

• Stayed: April 2011
wilkersonj, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Greetings Cleverknc,

We would like to sincerely apologize that we were unable completely satisfy you during your recent stay.

Our front desk team has been made fully aware of the situation.

Please allow us to assure you that we take this feedback very seriously. It is a critical tool to assist us in providing excellent service.

We look forward to your return to our hotel so that we have another opportunity to provide you with a warm welcome, all that you expect, and a little bit more!

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2010

Booked the hotel so I could visit DC on the evening of arrival then out to business the next day. Nice and close to the National Airport although the shuttle bus is only every 30 minutes rather than on demand so there can be a bit of waiting about. The shuttle bus drops at the terminal where the Metro station is so it is good for a quick trip into downtown DC. Hotel and room were nice enough - a little cramped but clean. Breakfast was buffet and okay - not a fantastic selection but reasonable and hot. The room was over-priced but even on a Monday night there wasn't much else any cheaper so I guess it was the going rate.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
wilkersonj, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2011

Hello Mo_of_the_Valley,
Thank you very much for your review and your stay at the Holiday Inn National Airport. We take our reviews very seriously and take them as a great opportunity to know what exactly our guests are thinking. We are very fortunate not only because of our wonderful team members but because of our convenient location. We are located less than 1 mile to Ronald Reagan National Airport. Our complimentary airport shuttle does only run on the top and bottom of every hour, so that our guests can schedule accordingly.

We hope that if you are ever in the area again you choose to stay with us. We appreciate your time and stay with us. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2010

I was a bit weary not having stayed at this chain before, but the hotel turned out to be very similar to a Marriott Courtyard type of a hotel - high-rise business hotel: no frills, but clean and convenient. Room size was decent; a large desk was a plus.

The hotel faces a very busy street - Jefferson Davis Highway - so I asked for a room at the back of the hotel. The back faces a wooded residential neighborhood. The room was very quiet - I did not hear any traffic, nor my neighbors. I did not hear or see any plains either. For an airport hotel, Holiday Inn was exceptionally quiet, almost serene (provided you get the room facing out back).

The only disadvantage was that compared to some of the other airport hotels that are in Crystal City proper, there was no metro station within easy walking distance. But you can take the shuttle to the airport and take the metro from there. Same for the return trip. The shuttle runs every 30 mins; I was lucky and did not have to wait that long.

Free internet in the room is a plus.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
ehager, Manager at Holiday Inn National Airport / Crystal City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2010

Greetings! Thank you so much for your review on our hotel, the Holiday Inn National Airport. We take great pride in our hotel and service, we think it’s the best. Your reviews help us know what our clients are thinking and therefore we are able to improve our service.

Even though we are the closest hotel to DCA, we have never had complaints with external noise. We are so glad that you experienced the same. The Crystal City Metro Station is located about 6 walking blocks to our hotel and yes, we do offer the shuttle to and from the Reagan National Airport Metro Station every half hour between 5:30am and 12:00am.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you chose to stay with us again when you travel to the area.