“Perfect access to public transportation”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyatt Arlington

Hyatt Arlington
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Panama City, Florida
“Perfect access to public transportation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Quick 2 night stay to see the sites. Convenient to public transportation. Didn't know how close directly behind the hotel which was perfect for us. We had 2 days to see the sites and being do close made it really easy to hop in and off. The staff was great rooms where decent no breakfast but Starbucks is about a block away. Just perfect place for our needs

• Stayed December 2013
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to share this feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location and I look forward to having you as our guest when your travels bring you back to The DC area. Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington to stay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Arabic first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

It seems no matter where I go, Hyatt Regency continues to throw the rule book out the window and offer a large-chain hotel that's reliably stylish, clean and comfortable with great service.

This location has great views, my room saw The Pentagon and Arlington National. And the rooms, go how great. Neat prints, cool wall papers, comfy beds, large vanity and a stylish walk-in shower. The Hyatt design team achieves success again. This room feels like a Kimpton, a bit quirky and fun.

Room service came in 10 Minutes, a god send! So many other large chains could learn from Hyatt in this aspect.

All in all, I recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ittessot
Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington and for taking time to provide feedback about your experience. I am happy to see that you enjoyed some of our hotel's features as well as benefits. I hope this experience will bring you back when traveling to the area. Thank you again for your patronage and for sharing your insight
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a totally normal 4* hotel, with little to make it worth the extra you pay.

Normal stuff:
-Clean rooms
-Friendly, attentive, competent front desk
-Nice, modern decor
-Comfy clean beds

Particularly nice features:
-Very close to Rosslyn Metro
-Great lounge/bar

Particularly nasty features:
-Pay internet - $11/night/device = ripoff
-No pool
-No coffee in the lobby.
-No coffee in the bar in the evening
-Lousy view, even from an upper floor.

This is a very nice hotel. However, there's nothing to distinguish it from a less expensive place, so if you can find one I'd say go for it. And if you like coffee as much as I, then stay away (that's you, Seattle!).

Room Tip: Don't bother requesting an upper-floor view. It's not worth anything.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HK0
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me. I am happy to see you enjoyed some of the benefits our hotel has to offer, along with the comfort, cleanliness and friendly staff. While I understand your concern with the cost of Wifi, our pricing is comprable to that of our neighbor hotels and in some cases cheaper. I wish to apologize also for not having complimentary coffee in our lobby, as we do offer it in every guestroom along with Tazo Teas for guest convenience and comfort. In addition our lobby Starbucks cafe has become a great alternative for those seeking a bolder taste and opens at 6AM daily. I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back, so we can work to exceed your expectations. Should your travels bring you back, your morning starbucks is on me. Thank you again for taking time to provide these comments.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel uses the hyatt brand to mask the fact that it's a dive. Lts of good hotels in Arlington bbut this isn't one of them.

Saddest part is that I'm a loyal Hyatt customer (not that the front desk notices or greets you as such)and now I've got to find a new place to stay in the city.

Among the basic expect ations of any hotel room is a functioning ac unit but not so at the Hyatt. Room was a sauna, instead of giving me another room they sent maintenance up after midnight. The "fix" left me with a fan that sounded like fingers on a chalkboard. No apology, no feeling that this was the hotel's fault.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Ian P
Thank you for taking time to share your impressions of our hotel. While your comments are not typical for our property, I do wish to apologize for the experience you encountered. I understand our staff attempted to minimize the inconvenience by repairing the AC unit and not relocate you at that late hour and should have offered the option despite their intended resolution. Eitherway, we failed to meet your expectations, so please contact my office directly, so I can personally make it right. Thank you again for your time in sharing this valuable insight.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

It's a Hyatt. Big box, always the same, updated generous sized room, friendly staff, no complaints.... but he best part of this hotel is it's location NEAR , but not IN the DC. The metro is just a short walk away, as are enough restaurants. Basically, you can get anywhere, and yet won't pay the premium for being on the other side of the river in DC. Plenty of choices within walking distance, including Georgetown (not accessed by Metro) No car needed. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TumbleweedSmith
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at The Hyatt Arlington. I am glad to see that you were able to take advantage of some of our benefits and enjoyed your stay overall. I hope this experience will bring you back again when your travels allow. Thank you again for your time in providing this feedback.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The location is amazing; walking distance to shopping centers, Apple Store, Barnes and Noble, Wholefoods, river, Georgetown etc. The meter parking is free all weekend on Key Avenue (2 blocks). The front desk was very pleasant and helpful and professional. The hotel has been managed very well. No complaints.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben M
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington to stay recently. I am glad you enjoyed some of the benefits our hotel had to offer and that our staff was able to properly take care of your needs. I look forward to having you back as our guest when traveling to the area. Thank you again for your feedback
Chula Vista, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Arlington for a government business trip in November 2013. During my stay, I thought that it was an okay hotel and had no major complaints. The hotel was clean and in a convenient location near restaurants and the metro.

The housekeeping staff was very stingy on the amenities such as the soap and shampoo. They didn't provide me with new amenities when my room was cleaned. I stayed for a week and used up all the lotion and shampoo that was provided. The housekeeping staff should be trained to notice an empty bottle of lotion and replace it.

The breakfast staff was really friendly and helpful. I give them 5 stars. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome.

As a federal employee, I was given a tax exemption form by my employer to give to the hotel. When I checked out, I handed the form to the front desk clerk and they accepted it. In no way did I coerce them in to taking the form. They could have easily stated that they do not accept the tax exemption form, but they didn't. At that time, they removed the tax from my bill and then they charged my card for the stay. When I returned home, I paid the bill and went on with my life. You can imagine my surprise when in mid-January, I received a bill from my government credit card in the amount of $143 charged by Hyatt Arlington. I called my credit card and told them that there was a fraudulent charge. I also called the hotel and spoke with a manager who told me that the charge was for tax. He stated that the hotel could not accept the tax exemption form. That's nice to know now. At no time was I contacted by the hotel stating that they couldn't accept the form and will be charging me. I wonder what other unexpected charges I will be receiving. Now, I'm in the process of resubmitting my voucher at work to get reimbursed for the charges. It's been a pain. I will never stay at the Hyatt Arlington again. Their method of conducting business is shameful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank worldtraveller2801
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I wish to apologize for the error and miscommunication with the tax exemption status. While I wish to applaud our staff member for trying to assist you with your paperwork, we clearly failed to follow up with you after we determined that our state rules do not allow us to accept such certificates. I regret the inconvenience and hope that you will allow us to make up for the mistake. Please let me know if you are ever traveling to the area by contacting me directly so I can ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again for bringing the matter to my attention and giving me the opportunity to rectify.