“standard hotel on strategic location”
Review of Hyatt Arlington

Hyatt Arlington
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Brussels, Belgium
“standard hotel on strategic location”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is located in Roslyn Arlington. There is a direct easy and cheap busline metrobus 5A every half hour driving time 30 minutes from Dulles airport to Roslyn station a few steps from the hotel. The metro to Washington is also at Roslyn station.
The hotelprice is lower than in central Washington.
Wifi is not included. That policy is rather outdated.

Room Tip: the higher the floor , the better the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrusselsGlobetrotter
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thanks for taking time to share this feedback and rate your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed some of the benefits our hotel has to offer and look forward to your future returns. Thank you also for your patronage in selecting hyatt Arlington for your hotel visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of a "staycation" (we're only about 30mins away in Maryland) and really enjoyed it. Staff were friendly and attentive, room was clean and had a great view of the Pentagon, Jefferson Memorial, etc. Rosslyn Metro stop is right behind the building which was super convenient and would be great for tourists that wanted the option to visit many different places. Spacious terrace as part of the bar and really nice bar staff. Overall a nice place that I would stay at again.

My only complaint was that parts of the breakfast buffet (the scrambled eggs off to the side, the roasted potatoes) were luke-warm. Otherwise a nice selection in a beautiful dining room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share this insight. I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us and look forward to your future returns. I also wish to thank you also for sharing some feedback on your breakfast experience. I regert the inconvenience you encountered with food tempratures and have addressed the matter with our executive chef to correct. Thank you again for your patronage and valuable time in providing these comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am a Gold Passport member and like staying at the Hyatt Arlington, which is just steps uphill from the Rosslyn metro stop. The City House restaurant is a good one for business meals. The rooms are modern and the hotel has a nice vibe when you're surfing the net in the common spaces. Unfortunately, I was disappointed by my last stay. The restaurant served stale bread with my excellent hummus. The cleaning staff just didn't quite get it right as there were hairs from past guests on the bathroom floor and some surfaces. The blackout curtain was askew. Normally, I don't drive in Arlington, but this time, I got to the hotel after a long drive and frankly, it's just not that much fun to get your car out of the cramped spaces if you self-park. In general, this hotel is a winner, but they missed one on the stay when I used points to pay.

Room Tip: Really check out the rooms. Some have great views and are well-sized while others are small. Somet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for your continued patronage. While I see you have and continue to enjoy some aspects of your stays with us, we clearly did not uphold our end of the experience and certainly did not meet your expectations this time. Please contact my office directly so I can gather some more details to correct our mistakes. We value your feedback greatly to help us continue improving and value your loyalty even more. Thank you again for your time in sharing this insight.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arriving in DC at the height of cherry blossom season is an expensive option. Unaware of the event, I was puzzled by the 100 - 200% hike in hotel prices and the general lack of available rooms. The Hyatt Arlington proved to be a good solution. A train station is located just 1 block downhill from the hotel. Make sure you take the elevator if you have luggage. The station will connect you within minutes to DC and Ronald Regan airport. There is a taxi rank outside the hotel. The rooms are spacious, modern and clean. The staff were helpful. My only complaint was the noise from the street and planes. Interestingly there didn't seem to be any internal noise problem from other rooms or the hall. Although this is more the business end of town I had no trouble finding eating options and a small supermarket within a block of the hotel. Wifi is only free in the lobby and bar. The bar serves breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SusanPerth
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you Susan for choosing The Hyatt Arlington to stay and for providing these comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and hope this experience will bring you back again when you get back to the DC area.
Montgomery, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had originally stayed at this hotel on my first business trip and knew the location was perfect for travel throughout the city. I booked our trip to DC to visit my cousin and go to the Cherry Blossom Festival and I was worried I would end up over paying for a hotel that weekend in March. I found great rates on the Hyatt website for this hotel and I grabbed it! We love this hotel. The service is wonderful, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the hotel room is luxurious! We were one block from the metro station making travel to all of the tourist destinations a breeze. It is near a lot of businesses so the weekend was nice and quiet. The City restaurant located in the hotel was perfect for cocktail hour or Sunday brunch and the view is wonderful. The hotel was recently remodeled and the decor is just perfect. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter with better views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Cathy for sharing these comments and thank you for staying with us again. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and the many benefits our hotel has to offer. I appreciate your continued patronage and valuable time in providing this insight. Safe travels and we'll see you on your next visit back.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Hyatt Arlington is a great location if you choose to be without a car. The Rosslyn Metro is steps away for access to DC or to go East along the Arlington corridor to the amenities in Clarendon through to Ballston. The room I booked was very small and would never have done for a couple, but as I was traveling solo (and used to a small apartment) it was fine for a couple of nights.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Arlington, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington to stay recently. I am glad you enjoyed your brief stay and hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you for your time in sharing these comments
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Location is key on this one. Right at the rosslyn metro stop. Very convenient and trendy inside lobby. Only stayed one night so can't really talk to amenities. The room was on the 14th floor and we could see the national cathedral. Very clean and all you would expect from a Hyatt. Stayed at grand Hyatt in dc earlier in the week for another part of our stay and liked that hotel a bit better. But honestly still great.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you Elaina for sharing this feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and hope your experience will bring you back. Thank you for choosing Hyatt Arlington