“Very good experience”

Hyatt Centric Arlington
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hyatt Arlington should be considered on any trips to the DC area. Location is ideal. Place is super clean and staff is friendly and helpful. Price was very reasonable and very close to Rosslyn Metro station for entry into DC proper.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you Lucca for choosing The Hyatt and for taking time to pass along your comments. I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit and that you would reccommend us to others. Thank you again for your patronage, as I hope you will return again soon for another stay

Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very comfortable bed. Wonderfully helpful staff. Breakfast was a little pricey, but we realized that by DC standards, it wasn't. And the food was quite good. Right across the street from a Metro station. Close to excellent dining. No pool or hot tub, but the shower was huge (no bathtub either, but I didn't care) with good water pressure. Priced well. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area. Be ready to pay for parking but it's still less hassle than trying to find somewhere else or driving your car. I would advise that you park it, leave it, and take the Metro everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for selecting the Hyatt Arlington and for taking valuable time to share your experience. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your overall visit and would consider us again when traveling to the area. We look forward to many more future return visits and having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the ONLY hotel I stay in when I travel to the Arlington/DC area for business. They offer the most efficient check in of any hotel. Not only is the front desk staff amazing but they also have a self check in Kiosk that even gives out a room key. My room was always impeccably clean and I had a minimum of 5Megs of bandwidth in my room. The restaurant was great and they even have Starbucks Coffee in the mornings near the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2014
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you Nelson for taking some of your valuable time to share this insight. I am glad to see that you took advantage of the hotel's benefits and enjoyed yet another great stay with us. Thank you for choosing The Hyatt Arlington and for your continued return visits

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I chose to stay at the Hyatt in Arlington to save money from staying in DC or Crystal City. The metro is just behind the hotel, making it very to get in and out of the city. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I found the lobby to be small, and it wouldn't have been an area in which to just hangout and chill- on the other hand, being I was in the city during the day and most of the evening, I only wanted to get up to my room when I got back. Once I got up to the 16th floor, the surroundings were quiet, dark browns and reds with wood trim, and soothing. The king room that I was in was fine. Clean and spacious, a partial view toward Georgetown, only blocked by a newly constructed building. The only issue I had with the room was that the sink drained slowly (I hate that)- however, when I told the front desk, they were very quick to send a message to maintenance. Otherwise, I was very pleased. I did notice many families staying there, tourists going into the city. I did not have any meals at the hotel, but did notice that there breakfast buffet was $8.00 less expensive then if I had a similar buffet at a hotel in the city. The hotel is in the center of Roslyn; I didn't have a chance to walk around, so I don't know what is in the area. The hotel is certainly in the middle of a lot of office buildings.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing this great feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your visit overall and that our staff was able to assist with your requests in a timely manner. We look forward to having you back when visiting the area again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

With all the fusspots that live within the DC borders, it is amazing to find great customer service that is consistent. This hotel had exactly that: great service; and, it was consistent from the check out girls to the service staff.

I want to mention the names of Brett Webb, the Front Desk Manager and Rhoel Beete, The Front Office Supervisor, who got our trip off to a great start. The staff at Breakfast includng Jose (sorry that I did not get everyone's name) were just great. They greated us each morning, took great care of us during breakfast; and, wished us well as we left. The breakfast vouchers were a nice touch.

Food: I recommend the breakfast. There is an Omolette bar should you be so inclined, coffee, tea, various breads, baked goods, fruit, other eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes/waffles, orange juice, milk, cereals, etc.

if you are looking for a place to eat outside of the restaurant, we did not find many options around. There is a Ruby Tuesday's across the Street. During the day, there are many other options; but, many places cater to the lunch crowd. There is a Quiznoes and a few smaller mexican or sandwich type places around.

Metro: The Roslyn metro stop is right across the street from the hotel. You can go down to the P1 level of the parking garage on a wet or cold day to minimize the walk outside. For 2 people over 3 days, we used $20 each to travel to Georgetown, The National Mall and to Old Town Alexandria both ways. Our return trips from Georgetown and The National Mall were during Rush Hour. Georgetown is at Foggy Bottom station (1 stop from the hotel). We stopped at West Farragut station station for the White House and King St Station for Old Town Alexandria. There is a free bus at King that takes you down to the water and back once you get off.

Ferry from Georgetown to Old Town Arlington (or back): On the Potomac Riverboat Company Ferry for $13 each way (takes about 1 hour each way; and, you get a brief history from the water)

Parking: The hotel charges $20 (no tax) each day. Your room key is used to get you in and out; so, it makes things so much easier. if you come back late at night, you may have to park in P3 but there is enough parking. Many lots in the area do not let you park overnight; so, be warned.

Rooms: we had room 1106. This is a room with a King bed. We liked this room. It had a fridge which came in handy. We had stopped at a Dollar Tree along our travels before getting to Washington and picked up 6 waters for $1; so, that came in handy on those hot days. There are 2 bottles of water in the room too. Our room package had them included; but, we did not need them. The room has a safe in the closet. The bathroom had a pretty good shower and the Hyatt bed is usually pretty good. We had to buy our wifi; but, were reimbursed on the last day; as, it was included in our room package.

Overall, we loved our stay at the Hyatt. We will be back if all the hotel staff promise not to lose sight of the great customer service that they showed us on our most recent visit. I would strongly recommend this hotel; as, it has the best of all worlds.

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the better the room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our Hyatt Arlington from the many options available to you. I am happy to see our great staff made your stay more enjoyable and Look forward to your future returns with us. Thank you for taking time to share this feedback

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very helpful staff. Near Metro and DC. Bar had very good late night snack options. Parking garage was creepy and hard to maneuver. Also, it was difficult to turn into Hotel after you get off the interstate, but streets around here are notoriously busy most of the time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank VRSinSC
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me and for choosing our Hyatt for your recent stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy your visit and hope you will be back again soon. Thank you for your time in writing this feedback

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good location - situated right on the Rosslyn Metro stop - and a good price for Washington DC. Rooms are a bit on the small side, but comfortable, new and well-maintained.

There is no Regency Club in the hotel. Internet service is so slow (web pages time out before loading completely) that it is basically unusable despite multiple calls to the tech support line. Toilet was broken upon arrival. Biggest issue here is the service - a basic request for room service were routed to three different people (including housekeeping), then ignored completely. Manager on duty refused to come to the phone when I asked to speak to him/her. I'm a loyal Hyatt customer, but I won't return here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Selim S, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Tim thanks for sharing this insight. Per our discussion at departure, your experience is not typical for us and certainly not reflective of our standards. Our goal is to accommodate as many guests as possible and I regret that we did not meet your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our management staff, as we getting ready to design and launch our fall/ winter menus. My offer still stands, hoping you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to reverse your impressions. Thank you again for your time at check-out, this valuable feedback and giving us an opportunity to improve what we offer our guests