“Great staff and comfortable room”

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Apex, North Carolina
“Great staff and comfortable room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was initially given a room on the 8th floor and on the way up the bell hop mentioned he thought that was a smoking floor. I'm not sure if he used to work there and came back or what. I inquired at the front desk and was assured it is a non smoking hotel. When we got to the 8th floor and the room, there was a distinct stale smell. I assume they attempted to clean and convert it to non smoking, but they were not successful. We were then given a room on the 11th floor which was great. From what I can tell a regular room does not have a special mattress.

The breakfast buffet is $17 but I talked to some people who had breakfast included for an extra $9 a night. That would be worth the difference in price.

The shuttle to and from the Metro station runs until midnight and I can vouch for that because I was on the last shuttle one night. The concierge went out of his way to take us to the Metro in another hotel vehicle on September 11 because they had combined the Airport and Metro shuttle bus and we didn't get the notice under our door.

All of the staff I encountered was very helpful. I was worried that being so close to the airport, the planes would be loud. We did not really hear any and were not disturbed by them.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 8th floor if you mind stale smoke smells
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel is situated in a good location for people who are visiting Washington,DC, and do not want to stay in DC. It is located approximately 8 to 10 minutes from the White House area. It's a bit tricky to get to the hotel (due to it's location). The hotel is definitely of 4 star quality. The rooms are a bit on the small side; however, the amenities are of above average including the beds which are comfortable. The guests can relax in the large lobby area where there is also a bar. There are several restaurants in the hotel which are somewhat expensive; however, they are worth it due to the high quality of the food, and the great service provided by the staff. Definitely eat in the restaurant (on the top floor) with a view of the city. Well worth it.

Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and it was a nice experience. The hotel room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. In my package the breakfast was included. Also, one bottle of water a day was included.

There are some good restaurants around this hotel where I did my eating. There is also a shisha-place nearby if somebody is in to that.

Generally, a good hotel that live up to what they promise and what they show in their pictures on their homepage.

Yet, I was there for a conference. If a would have traveled privately with my family, this hotel would not have been my first choice - simply because of its location.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank cxahmed
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

We arrived at the hotel at the same time as Hurricane Irene!!!! and we sure were pleased with the welcome we received. On checking in we discovered that the room we had booked could not accommodate a roll away bed, and so we opted to upgrade, knowing that Irene was planning to keep us in our room for a good part of the next few days. We upgraded to an ambassador suite and it was stunning. the door opened to reveal a spacious lounge area, with sofa bed, two armchairs and a flat screen TV. this led to a lovely bedroom with king size bed, flat screen TV and balcony. The bathroom was very well equipped and the complimentary toiletries were well received. We were stuck in the room while Irene blew through and had a thoroughly fantastic stay. We did venture out to the 7-11 for essential provisions (corkscrew)and pizza. the complimentary bus to the metro was punctual and well organised . the trip into Washington on the metro took less than 15 minutes and the metro was easy to use. Overall our stay at the Hyatt was wonderful, comfortable and welcoming.

Room Tip: Consider paying for an upgrade to a suite if staying a few nights, well worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nellyweston
Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Very nice hotel. The lobby has a great layout for meetings, because you can find lots of areas to drink, eat, and talk business. Not a family hotel, in my opinion.

Hotel shuttle to the airport, and to the Metro. A huge plus for me. Hotel to the Capitol for $1.85. Can't beat it.

All the restaurants here are decent. The hotel at the top of the building has some good views,,,,if you like looking at the tops of other building.

Rooms are very nice, although the bathrooms are small. Clean and very stylish.

Concierge was my only problem here. They did not call to let me know my boxes arrived, and they took forever to take care of questions, etc. I stood at the desk at a Thursday at 2:00pm and waited 20 minutes for someone to appear. Irritating.

Food in the meeting was not great.

Fitness facility is very nice. You pay for wireless, which is a joke.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

I brought my family up to visit DC while I was at a conference. We have young children, and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful to our chaotic family. From the valet service to the in-house restaurant and bar, we found everyone to be professional and upbeat. Its a nice change. Pluses: Car valet service ($25/day though), in-house Starbucks, nice bar, awesome location for easy access to DC, and a surprisingly good exercise room. The kids loved the glass elevators. Minuses: Paid TV (paying for PBS? Really?), shower was dated & needed an upgrade, Paid internet access (in this day & age?).

We would stay here again, no question. Also, it doesn't look like much, but for great ethnic food try Kabob Palace down the road and across the street. It was awesome!

San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Checked in very late. Shuttle was waiting at DCA. Quiet room which was very nice although the bathroom was small. Front desk was very helpful.