Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis, MO
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed here and was little perplexed by the reviews. I thought it was a great hotel and comparable with hotels that I have stayed at all over the world. Not sure what the huge complaints are but everyone was perfectly nice. My hotel was clean and the room was big and the menus were on par with competitors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you writing such a great TripAdvisor review. I am so glad you had an excellent experience with your staff. Our hotel understands that its staff is the most important aspect since they care for our guests and it is so great to hear that had friendly service. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Durham, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a solid business hotel. My room was huge with a king size bed, night stands, a sofa, a comfortable chair, a desk, a desk chair, and about a football field of unoccupied space. The furnishings were attractive and up-to-date, the climate control excellent. There's nothing really compellingly different to make the hotel stand out from others, but it's clearly well run and comfortable. A great bed, I might add. I'd be happy to come here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your recent stay! I am glad you found our rooms to be comfortable and spacious. If your business ever brings you back to the DC area we would love to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Crystal City!
las vegas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel could use a physical and attitudinal makeover. The rooms are only so-so in terms of quality of the furniture. The dark goth look of the chair that I sat in to read each night was definitely a downer. Also can you say, 'nickel and dime you to death,' boys and girls? For example, I had to pay an extra $25 dollars for a refrigerator to be brought to my room; standard in most other hotels. The amount paid for internet service and parking and the refrigerator brought those incidentals to nearly half the cost of the room. In addition, you can only get your car through the valet service which means that you have (or are expected) to tip every time your retrieve and return your car. The cable service was limited to only about 10-15 channels. The "complimentary" shuttle service to and from the Metro was frequently late on frigid nights when every second counts. Without exception each driver had a cup in the front of the shuttle with dollar bills clearly displayed sending the unmistakable, subliminal message that tips were expected.

Most troubling, if the rooms do not have microwaves, which I can understand. But they need to put a microwave in a central location for guest access. Now, the only place you can get your food microwaved is at the hotel restaurant. I would typically bring food in to the hotel from a deli or hot serve section of a supermarket, put it in my $25 refrigerator and retrieve it a few hours later. I was told by the front desk that I should take any food that I wanted microwaved to the restaurant and that they would cheerfully microwave it for me. Apparently, the restaurant staff didn't get the memo. On four separate ocassions I went to restaurant and kindly asked for them to microwave my neat, tidy and enclosed contrainer. On each ocassion, the wait staff acted surley and put upon to meet my request. In every instance I was directed to go into the kitchen and microwave the food myself, although I was repeatedly advised that the microwave was commercial grade and to be careful regarding its to use. I was a little miffed about this do-it-yourself attitude, and so I had a casual conversation with the concierge the next day about what had happened. He expressed surprise and emphatically said that I was not being sensitive, and that the wait staff should have taken the food and microwaved it and then returned it to me. So I guess that I'm not being overly sensitive. Nevertheless for the three remaining evenings I was directed by the wait staff and on one night the female manager to go back in the kitchen and use the microwave myself.

O.k., I get it; restaurant wait staff have better things to do than microwave guests food. If that is the case, then the hotel should put a microwave in a central location (near the icemaker on each floor?) for guest use so I am not made to feel like I'm asking for public sex when I'm merely making an insignificant domestic request of could you take 45-60 seconds to warm up my food. Never once was the restaurant staff cheerful; rather they were barely tolerant of my requests.

To an extent I agree with the wait staff. Let them make their tips on paying customers BUT PUT microwaves on every floor so this doesn't become an issue.

Altogether: 2 1/2 stars . . . and that's being generous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you left our hotel with less than impressed. Reviews like this are important because they allow us to evaluate and continue to improve our hotel and its services. I will pass your recommendation of placing a microwave in a central location on every guest floor to our Director of Rooms. Again, thank you for staying with us and please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.
Monrovia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have noticed recently that hotels seem to be touting "luxury down pillows and bed linens". I'm sure they are luxurious, but for those of us who are allergic to feathers, they are a nightmare, and mean that we have to request non-feather pillows and hope that the hotel pays attention.

We booked the Hyatt Regency the day before as we had an early morning flight from DCA and 5 inches of snow suddenly appeared in the forecast, so we wanted to be near the airport.

I booked a standard room at the lowest rate I could find.

When we checked in and I mentioned the pillows, I was asked if I would like a hypoallergenic room, with not only feather-free bedding, but an air purifier as well. I jumped at the chance! The room was lovely and also had natural fragrance and dye-free toiletries. The bed and bedding was very comfortable and we had a wonderful nights sleep.

FYI It was $10 difference to get a room with breakfast for 2 included, which is a bargain as it was $17.50 a person for the buffet breakfast otherwise.

We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I am so delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also glad to see that you took advantage of Pure-Hypoallergenic Rooms. It is such a great feature that not many people take advantage of. I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I was attending a small conference at the hotel recently and found everything to be very comfortable. I arrived with several people from the airport at the same time, but the check in was very easy and quick. I got in my room and was pleasantly surprised how large the room was. It was very clean and nicely organized. It even had a couch right by the window which was a nice place to sit and read in-between the meetings. I liked the fact that the gym was open 24 hours. There was a restaurant, a bar and in-room service and several restaurants within walking distance from the hotel which was nice. The shuttle could also bring you to the Metro stop if you wanted to further. I checked out on-line which was super easy and quick and received my receipt via email. The free shuttle dropped us off at the airport. Overall it was a very pleasant stay. I would recommend to as a small conference hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I am staying in this hotel due to issues with the plane I was supposed to be taking home. The shuttle ride might have been the best part of the whole experience! I arrived last night (2/28/14) in a group of airport cancelations. They were 3 front desk clerks. When some people tried going to stand in front of her side of the desk, she said, "I'm not ready yet"! Ok! So we all form lines in front of the other two agents. It's an upscale hotel, but it is seriously nothing to write home about! Lucia checked me in. I was trying to get a shuttle to get something to eat...shuttle stops running at 10. It's almost 11! I would have had to catch the airport shuttle back to the airport to get on the Metro and go to Pentagon City. However, the airport shuttle stops running at midnight, so I would have to catch a taxi back and DMV taxi's are not cheap. (Trust me, I am from DC so I know). So I go to the bar for something to eat. When I get there, I am standing there for at least 10 minutes thinking someone would ask if they could help me...nope! So I ask the bartender if I could have a menu, he told me to wait a minute! Not give me a minute, or just a minute, but wait a minute! So another 5 minutes go by and a lady gives me a menu. By this time it is 11:45 according to my receipt. I didn't get my food until 12:40. I waited so long for a simple crab cake sandwich (which was surprisingly good) So I asked the bartender (whom I am still waiting to receive a menu from) if they could bring my food to my room...no cause room service is closed) So just as I was writing down my info for him to call me, my food comes. Now as I am sitting here writing this review I look at this desk and it is covered in dust. I know Hotel Impossible wouldn't like that! How can your hotel be this upscale but you don't dust? I am going to take some pictures of the dust and post them if I ever get home. I think this hotel has too many inconveniences for me to stay here again. Glad I didn't pay for it because if I had it my way, I'd be across the street!

Room Tip: Eat before getting here or drive a car so you have transportation!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Camden, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed there for work, room very poorly laid out, especially the bathroom. You have to back in and straddle the toilet to close the door! Skimpy with towels, and the heater fan very noisy. The restaurants were disappointing too. Odd meals, can't just get a decent club sandwich or burger? The bath products were very nice and the staff were all very nice, but we ate at a little grill across the street, because the restaurants were so limited.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to share your review. I am very sorry for the disappointing aspects of your stay. If your travel plans bring you back to the area, we hope that you would choose Hyatt. Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.