Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here and thought it was an awesome hotel. Beautiful lobby and very helpful staff. It's hard to understand how there could be any derogatory comments. The room is huge and the bed is very comfy. Everything was very clean and modern. Great breakfast in the morning at the on-premise restaurant (lots of choices from the menu and also a delicious breakfast buffet). Our only gripe about the weekend was the $27 a day for parking.

Room Tip: Choose a room on one of the higher floors. Great views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to write such a great review of a 'Great Hotel'. We are always happy to go above and beyond to make our guests comfortable and it is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as our breakfast options. Thanks for choosing Hyatt!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last weekend, great hotel. Loved the lobby, they fulfilled all our needs even a universal charger for my note 3. Huge King bed, and room! Only bummer is no parking around, so must use valet for $27 a night
Would still come back though

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you so much for your five star review! I am so happy that our staff took great care of you during your trip to the DC area. We are constantly trying to create an amazing experience for our guests and I am happy that it rang true! We look forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The one problem that I had was that the room had a nonfunctioning telephone which they replaced. Otherwise I was slightly disappointed that the high rooms did not have views -- the building (18 floors) is hemmed in between other buildings. The pool is apparently outside hence was closed when I visited in winter but the fitness room was good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear neur14, I am glad to hear you had an excellent business hotel experience! We pride ourselves in being an excellent hotel for business travelers because of our proximity to the airport, metro, and DC. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel during the warmer months so you can enjoy the pool and a room with a view.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed here and was little perplexed by the reviews. I thought it was a great hotel and comparable with hotels that I have stayed at all over the world. Not sure what the huge complaints are but everyone was perfectly nice. My hotel was clean and the room was big and the menus were on par with competitors.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you writing such a great TripAdvisor review. I am so glad you had an excellent experience with your staff. Our hotel understands that its staff is the most important aspect since they care for our guests and it is so great to hear that had friendly service. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a solid business hotel. My room was huge with a king size bed, night stands, a sofa, a comfortable chair, a desk, a desk chair, and about a football field of unoccupied space. The furnishings were attractive and up-to-date, the climate control excellent. There's nothing really compellingly different to make the hotel stand out from others, but it's clearly well run and comfortable. A great bed, I might add. I'd be happy to come here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about your recent stay! I am glad you found our rooms to be comfortable and spacious. If your business ever brings you back to the DC area we would love to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Crystal City!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel could use a physical and attitudinal makeover. The rooms are only so-so in terms of quality of the furniture. The dark goth look of the chair that I sat in to read each night was definitely a downer. Also can you say, 'nickel and dime you to death,' boys and girls? For example, I had to pay an extra $25 dollars for a refrigerator to be brought to my room; standard in most other hotels. The amount paid for internet service and parking and the refrigerator brought those incidentals to nearly half the cost of the room. In addition, you can only get your car through the valet service which means that you have (or are expected) to tip every time your retrieve and return your car. The cable service was limited to only about 10-15 channels. The "complimentary" shuttle service to and from the Metro was frequently late on frigid nights when every second counts. Without exception each driver had a cup in the front of the shuttle with dollar bills clearly displayed sending the unmistakable, subliminal message that tips were expected.

Most troubling, if the rooms do not have microwaves, which I can understand. But they need to put a microwave in a central location for guest access. Now, the only place you can get your food microwaved is at the hotel restaurant. I would typically bring food in to the hotel from a deli or hot serve section of a supermarket, put it in my $25 refrigerator and retrieve it a few hours later. I was told by the front desk that I should take any food that I wanted microwaved to the restaurant and that they would cheerfully microwave it for me. Apparently, the restaurant staff didn't get the memo. On four separate ocassions I went to restaurant and kindly asked for them to microwave my neat, tidy and enclosed contrainer. On each ocassion, the wait staff acted surley and put upon to meet my request. In every instance I was directed to go into the kitchen and microwave the food myself, although I was repeatedly advised that the microwave was commercial grade and to be careful regarding its to use. I was a little miffed about this do-it-yourself attitude, and so I had a casual conversation with the concierge the next day about what had happened. He expressed surprise and emphatically said that I was not being sensitive, and that the wait staff should have taken the food and microwaved it and then returned it to me. So I guess that I'm not being overly sensitive. Nevertheless for the three remaining evenings I was directed by the wait staff and on one night the female manager to go back in the kitchen and use the microwave myself.

O.k., I get it; restaurant wait staff have better things to do than microwave guests food. If that is the case, then the hotel should put a microwave in a central location (near the icemaker on each floor?) for guest use so I am not made to feel like I'm asking for public sex when I'm merely making an insignificant domestic request of could you take 45-60 seconds to warm up my food. Never once was the restaurant staff cheerful; rather they were barely tolerant of my requests.

To an extent I agree with the wait staff. Let them make their tips on paying customers BUT PUT microwaves on every floor so this doesn't become an issue.

Altogether: 2 1/2 stars . . . and that's being generous.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you left our hotel with less than impressed. Reviews like this are important because they allow us to evaluate and continue to improve our hotel and its services. I will pass your recommendation of placing a microwave in a central location on every guest floor to our Director of Rooms. Again, thank you for staying with us and please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have noticed recently that hotels seem to be touting "luxury down pillows and bed linens". I'm sure they are luxurious, but for those of us who are allergic to feathers, they are a nightmare, and mean that we have to request non-feather pillows and hope that the hotel pays attention.

We booked the Hyatt Regency the day before as we had an early morning flight from DCA and 5 inches of snow suddenly appeared in the forecast, so we wanted to be near the airport.

I booked a standard room at the lowest rate I could find.

When we checked in and I mentioned the pillows, I was asked if I would like a hypoallergenic room, with not only feather-free bedding, but an air purifier as well. I jumped at the chance! The room was lovely and also had natural fragrance and dye-free toiletries. The bed and bedding was very comfortable and we had a wonderful nights sleep.

FYI It was $10 difference to get a room with breakfast for 2 included, which is a bargain as it was $17.50 a person for the buffet breakfast otherwise.

We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

I am so delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also glad to see that you took advantage of Pure-Hypoallergenic Rooms. It is such a great feature that not many people take advantage of. I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.