“Great Hotel----Close to Capitol”

Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This a great hotel with large clean comfortable rooms. Some rooms overlook the Potomac. Valet parking is $27 day. Hotel provides shuttle to and from Metro station ( Crystal Spring) every 15 min.

Purchase a daily Metro pass for $14 and travel all over Washington .

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
2  Thank jollymonsings8
Audrey N, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you for the five stars!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,090)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived at the Hyatt for the World Open Chess Tournament. Our King size room was spacious and quiet, which I liked for morning devotions. The large walk-in shower was nice.
However, with no shower door or curtain, water does get onto the bathroom floor. Bottles of water were on the bed side table, but they are three dollars each if opened. It would be very easy for someone to miss the price tag, so we feel that they should be offered complementary or not at all. Parking anywhere around the hotel costs.
The valet parking is reasonably priced and is charged to the room. The staff was friendly and professional. With the ease of check-in, valet parking, assistance with luggage and maid service, which made for a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you David for your responses! We are happy to hear your stay was comfortable during the chess tournament and appreciate your comments about the guest room. These are definitely changes we can look in to in order to make your next stay even better. We hope to see you back next year for the tournament!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our recent stay at this Hyatt Regency was excellent. I booked through Hotels.com at a very reasonable rate for the type of room we stayed in - two double beds and spacious living area. Very comfortable beds and pillows, (although bottom sheet was not a fitted sheet and I found myself pulling at the sheet in the middle of the night, to recover the mattress.) The towels were generous and not thin. Our view was overlooking the airport and the Potomac. (the room was on the 14th floor). One negative was the size and functionality of the bathroom. Although it did offer some privacy away from the room itself by way of a little alcove, it needed a vent for air circulation and towel hooks on the outside of the shower/bath area.
We valet parked our car for the two nights we stayed at the hotel and didn't have to use it at all.
A free shuttle to the Metro was a great convenience. And the concierge and front desk people were very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, if we come back to this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Potomac on a higher level floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It is wonderful to hear that you had such an excellent weekend with us in DC. We greatly appreciate all your feedback, even the negative, as it allows us to improve upon our hotel and service. We hope to see you again if and when you return to the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

It's the middle of the night. My family and I are sitting in our hotel room, so upset that we can't fall asleep. After waiting HOURs for a crib to be delivered to our room and over 1 hour for in room dining (even though they quoted less than half an hour), we headed out for a concert At Nationals Park. We asked the Concierge if we should take a cab and how long it would take. The Concierge told us a time frame that didn't take into account stadium traffic. Is that not he point of a Concierge?... Back to before I even arrived.. I called the hotel directly to find out if the shuttle ran as late as the Metro did because I knew the concert would get out late.. The person at the desk told me it did (later I was informed that I should have gotten this person's name.. I guess they just let anyone Answer questions when you call and YOU, the guest, are in the Wrong if they give mi-information. We got to the Metro station, called the hotel after waiting for the shuttle and were told WE were wrong about the shuttle times.. No apology or even empathy for being stranded. The agent at the desk told us we could walk or get a cab. I asked if it was a safe, easy walk and was told that it was. I agree, it was a safe walk. However, the directions she gave were incorrect. When we called back, she told me we went the wrong way. I spoke the directions out the first time and my family heard them as we'll.. W followed them correctly.. Again, no apology.. Not even empathy! We hailed a cab, got back to the hotel. In tears I went to the front desk agent and said who I was. She literally said 'yeah' and. Then looked at me as. If to say 'now what do you want?' I kindly said that I know that the overnight staff resources were limited in the middle of the night and we could figure things out with the morning manager but was there a place to get something to eat. We were given a half hearted explanation about a sAlad or a sandwich to which we agreed. I asked if we could have it brought to the lobby instead of the room because the sitter was in the room with my sleeping baby. As we waited my mother kindly asked for a bottle of water. The front office agent looked for some at the bell stand and. Said she would look for some 'in the back'. She went to the back then didn't come out until someone else came to the desk. At the same time she said that security was on the way up to 'help' us. Rodney from security went to the desk and the agent started whispering about us right in front of us. I walked over and introduced myself and. Ws immediately treated coldly. I began to explain the situation. The security manager began to inform me that since I didn't have. The name of the person who gave me misinformation about the shuttle than he couldn't do anything... AGAIN no apology or empathy.. Even just human to human 'I'm sorry you had a rough evening'. I realized that this wasn't going anywhere when he was literally telling me what I did wrong to have made the hotel mess up. I said that it was the middle of the night, we were so tired and I'd be happy to just get it figured out with the manager on duty in the morning. Then I asked if we could just have a sandwich and a bottle of water (which they had said they would bring to us already) the security officer told me that we hadn't even asked for a bottle of water! What?!? He wasn't even there to know that or not! Mind you, we weren't asking for this all to be free.. Just water and a sandwich, I became frustrated and. He said 'I'm done' and 'dismissed' us to our room... Like naughty children, we did not get our supper! All of this is just so unbelievable... I literally was making excuses FOR these employees all day, they were not only providing poor service but they were aggressively unkind. I'm not an unkind person, I actually go out of my way to make others feel l
Geat. When mistakes are made, I WANT to let someone make it right.. The fact that I was. In this hotel's lobby in tears being told what I did wrong was a horrible experience. I gave the staff the opportunity to make it right.. Even just until morning.. Instead I was not even treated with the dignity on the most basic level!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We welcome any and all feedback as this gives us an opportunity to evaluate our current operation. Our sincerest apologies that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Your feedback about your Front Desk service has been relayed to the staff and is something we will continue to work on. We hope the next time you come to visit Crystal City that you will give Hyatt Regency Crystal City a second chance to make your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

On a recent trip to this hotel I was given a handicap room with plumbing issues. When you run water in the sink it backs up to the shower drain. Gross stuff comes out of the drain. Beware if room 636! And it's extremely loud as people are exiting the elevator. I called front desk manager. He had me come down to front desk to get another key for a different room and he wasn't there when I came down. Waited a few minutes for assistance. A little annoying being I only had 5 hours to sleep at this point. Why give me a handicap room in the first place?

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Spadiva2011
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. Our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced in regards plumbing issues. We are a large hotel and sometimes we have little mechanical hiccups, we are sorry you had to experience one. Should your travels bring you back to the Crystal City area, we hope that you give us another chance to show you the true level of Hyatt service.

Again, thank you for staying with us and please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for a meeting and it was very nice. We got a king room suite on the 8th floor. The room was very spacious and it had a view of the pool. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were plush. The only complaint was the bottom sheet closest to the mattress keep coming off, leaving us to sleep on a naked mattress in the middle of the night. The bathroom was nice and the shower was NICE. The water pressure was heavy like I like it and stayed a constant temperature making it hard to leave the shower. Overall the bed was comfortable and room was nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Audrey N, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We love to hear comments like this! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the room, especially the comfy bed and shower. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope you can return again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I always look to Hyatt first. We decided to book this location after reading many reviews. Even though it was cheaper on all the travel websites we decided to book using the military rate and pay the higher price of $224 plus taxes and fees. We arrived late at night to find valet (for $27 a night) only otherwise we had to park on the street or at the garage behind the hotel that is not associated with Hyatt at all. That garage was closed so we parked far away on the street somewhere. The woman working during that late night shift had no clue about her job, couldn't answer any of our questions, and was absolutely incompetent. On top of all this, internet was not free, there was no fridge in the room, and the room was dirty.

I decided to get an upgrade the next day by logging onto TripAdvisor. Even at the last minute, a business package, with a bigger room, breakfast for two, and free internet was going for $164 plus tax. For a difference of $60 I was able to get all of that as opposed to paying the military rate and getting ABSOLUTELY NOTHING more than a bed. I was blown away. Way to go Hyatt.

We checked out at 11 and checked right back in to this same hotel. The room was dirty and the sheets were filthy. We left our luggage and went down to complain at the front desk. We were given another room that was dirty with dirty sheets, but no where close to the previous room. Although the package said a bigger room, this room was the exact same layout and square footage, but with a smaller closet.

In addition to the aforementioned, Hyatt was hosting a convention of some sort and there were kids running around the entire hotel day and night. On more than three occasions there were a couple of few students playing with the elevators and therefore, slowing it down and making us stop by multiple floors. The hallways were loud, and even late at night there was no peace.

We asked for a quiet room originally, and mind you we booked this room two months prior to our arrival. Still, we were placed right next to the elevators with all three rooms.

The difference between the night shift and day shift was literally a difference of day and night. The day shift was friendly and seemed to know what they were doing. The night shift just couldn't get it together.

The two stars that helped lighten this horrible experience were Mr. Solomon in the bellhop area and a kind male waiter during breakfast. Oh by the way, breakfast has good hash browns, omelettes, and orange juice.

This has been by far the worst Hyatt that we have ever stayed at, just an absolute disgrace to the kindness, professionalism, and hospitality that we have come to find at every Hyatt we have ever chosen.

Since then we have turned to the Marriott for all of our Arlington weekend getaways--we pay a little more than this Hyatt but compared to Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Marriott is far superior.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank exquisitektc
HyattCrystalCity, Manager at Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Reagan National Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We welcome any and all feedback as this gives us an opportunity to evaluate our current operation. Our sincerest apologies for the issues regarding your guestroom, if you would like to discuss the issue further, please feel free to reach out to us at 703-418-1234. Again, thank you for staying with us and providing feedback.