The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
  • Breakfast included
Americana Hotel(Arlington)
  • Room Service
1,703 results
All reviewspentagon cityclub levelturn down serviceshopping mallnice mallmetro stopfashion centreeasy accessdc areawonderful stayfitness centerindoor poolreagan airporthotel restaurantconvenient locationrcsonia
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip and I must say that it was no better than your average Marriott. The location is nice and it is attached to a mall, of that excites you.

My room was what one would find in any decent chain hotel, but this is The Ritz so my expectations were higher than the best of the average.

The restaurant was a big disappointment. Again, I would have expected an upscale, intimate restaurant with a large and comfortable bar, but what I found was nothing close. My first thought was that there must be another restaurant, but this was it. The service was less than speedy and there was nothing exceptional about the food or the experience.

If this were a Marriott I would have given it 4 stars. As a Ritz property my expectations are higher as are their prices so the bar is set at a different level.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away for a night. We live in MD but never get to be DC tourists. We stayed at the Ritz and LOVED it! From the front desk staff to Saba our server for breakfast, everything and everyone were top notch. Yes the rooms are just so-so, but we only slept and showered. We didn't really stay in the room very long. We had afternoon tea on Sunday. O-M-G!!! It was absolutely amazing!!!!! And breakfast, it was the bomb!!!!! Really cannot say enough about our very short but outstanding stay. We can't wait to go back!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

After four gate changes and a bunch of disinformation,our flight was cancelled by the incompetent management of USAir express at DCA on Dec 23.
The Ritz in Pentagon City took us in and gave us a special rate since our flight had been cancelled. We were in the room before noon with a flight booked for the next day and boarding passes printed at the front desk in hand. They also scheduled a taxi for us at 0430 the next morning for our rescheduled flight to visit family. The Ritz staff made a bad start to the holidays a much better day. We have stayed at this and other Ritz hotels many times. Superb service.
Never disappointed.

Room Tip: This hotel is connected to the mall and the metro. Easy access to everywhere in D.C.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have stayed at this RC property many times when I have been to WDC and am never disappointed. There are several reasons for staying here besides their great service:

1. It's connected to the wonderful Pentagon City (PC) Mall for shopping and eating.
2. It has a metro stop directly below the hotel so you can go anywhere in town easily and cheaply.
3. It is a $10 cab ride to Reagan. airport if you don't take the Metro .
4. Nordstroms has a family-friendly cafe just around the corner from the RC with excellent menu choices if you don't want to eat at one of the many food court restaurants.

I could go on and on but you get the idea and now know why I will come back to the Ritz Carlton when I return to WDC next year.

Room Tip: Any room is not a bad choice unless you want to pay more for a view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Not the poshest Ritz-Carlton we've stayed at. The regular rooms are quite small. But all of this made up by the convenience. It is connected to the Pentagon City Mall and located close to a lot of great dining choices.

The last few times I've stayed have been because of late or early flights arriving or departing from Reagan National Airport, so the very close proximity to the Metro is a big benefit.

There do seem to be a lot of kids at this location (as noted in other reviews) and I still haven't figured out what that's all about. Last time we were there, a few kids were running up and down the halls.

Some evenings the rate is very comparable to the Marriott Crystal City or Marriott Gateway and when that happens, the choice to stay at the Ritz makes sense.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo