“A perfect hotel”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A perfect hotel”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel had everything we were looking for. The hotel is very conveniently located in the Fashion center mall which houses alot of retail shops and a very good variety of restaurants. Most importantly the mall is connected to the Pentagon city metro station without having to go outside. The hotel service is outstanding. Shoe shining service is complimentary. Valet parking is available for $35 per day, but if you are looking for a cheaper option you can park in the mall parking for $16 per day.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Advertised as a luxury hotel, the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City was disappointing. The mountainous bed was obviously designed to be comfortable, with soft mattress toppers, but I found it very uncomfortable and didn't enjoy a good night's sleep during our three night stay. The staff are very attentive - if anything a bit too attentive, which left me feeling uncomfortable. We couldn't sit in the lobby for five minutes to wait for our friends without being questioned about the quality of our stay! We have been enjoying a three month trip around the world and although our room was sumptuously decorated, it was no better (and somewhat less comfortable) than many of the other properties we stayed in. One very trivial complaint related to the toiletries - which were very good - but they all looked exactly the same. I've never had to take my reading glasses into the shower before to check out which products I was using! Slightly more annoying was the lack of free wifi (other than in public places). Even when we tried to pay for it, I simply couldn't persuade my computer to connect. Finally, the concierge only offered one option in answer to each of our requests for assistance so we tended to do our own online research instead. Luxury hotels undoubtedly elevate expectations and I was disappointed by the overall experience.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LCBLondon
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear LCB London,

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your review. I am sorry that overall your experience did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. While I understand you are traveling, if you could afford the time, I may be reached at 703-412-2778 or tod.morow@ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Charlottesville, va
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We visited DC for a long weekend of tourist activities. While search for rooms we could not help but notice an attractive rate here as compared to other hotels in the City. The rates improved slightly when requested on the Ritz-Carlton web-site and AAA discount applied.

The Pentagon City is literally outside the front door making the National Mall only a 10-15 minute metro ride away.

The hotel itself was great and included everything you might expect at a Ritz Carlton. We had a chance to use the gym and pool which were also very nice. The only missing item, and this is a small point, is that at other Ritz Carlton's we've checked into we are offer a glass of Champagne which is a fantastic touch. As our room was not ready at the 3 PM check in time this would helped kill the time.

That being said, there are no real complaints, Our stay was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear JFD118,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was happy to read that you had an enjoyable visit and found our hotel to be convenient to all of the attractions that Washington has to offer.
Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate you providing constructive comments. Should your travels bring you back to the Washington area, please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in arranging your accommodations. I can be reached at 703-415-5012 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed one night there but it was enough to get the feeling of good old Ritz Carlton.
Rooms are very spacious, very quiet, designed and decorated nicely, relaxing atmosphere after a hard working day. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
I had to use the service twice while this short stay and it was impeccable!!! They even phoned me shortly after, to make sure it was settled.

London
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Staying at a Ritz Carlton is, for me at least, all about predictability in the best possible way; you know you're going to get great service, a really comfy bed, lovely staff, and that you'll glide through the experience like a hot knife through butter...

... well, the RC Pentagon City does not disappoint; if anything it exceeds expectations because you get all this for $220 a night (weekend rate). This is amazing value.

We were also given access to the club floor where we enjoyed great - and I mean great - hors d'oeuvres and nice wine. Not sure if this was because we just got lucky or because I booked through Amex, but either way, what a nice gesture.

Okay so we had to call for another robe (there was only one in our room) and the breakfast was a *tiny* bit slow. But who cares when the robe arrives in about 30 seconds and a lovely fruit plate is offered to make up for slow service (about which we had not said a word)? Little things can happen anywhere, the point is how they are dealt with, and here the answer is quickly and with considerable charm and grace.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jessicahm
New York, NY
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the club level for 2 nights during Presidents Weekend. I was very disappointed with the lounge. If you come in late, they run out of food. It was a bit stressful because it felt like there were too many people at the lounge and not enough food to go around! Even the staff at the lounge was apologizing for running out of food! They are aware of this problem but are not doing anything about it!

On the positive side, I love the indoor pool! It is the warmest pool I've ever been to. The fitness center is nice.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank memberadvise
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. While I appreciated your comments regarding our fitness facility, I was disappointed to learn that your Club experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and if you could afford the time, I can be reached at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com or at 703-412-2778. I look forward to hearing from you.

North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The staff is exceptional and knows you by name. You are treated like royalty by every staff member. Made us feel very at home anticipating our every need. The metro is out front, the mall is connected by hallway, the outdoor mall, restaurants and ice rink are out back through the parking garage. The Italian restaurant had the best chicken marsala I have ever had. The Portugese restaurant was extremely delicious and very reasonably priced. We stayed on the 14th floor, our room was incredible and the bed linens wonderful, but the mattress was wore out. Breakfast in the room was wonderful(even though they forgot the toast and cream the first day) it was truly an experience! The tea is fantastic. The food was prepared to perfection!

Room Tip: 14th floor was great
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Upper Northwest
Omni Shoreham Hotel
Omni Shoreham Hotel
#68 of 141 in Washington DC

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!