“Convenience.........”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Ponte Vedra
“Convenience.........”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Landed at Reagan, hopped on the Metro and got off on the 2nd stop and was in the Ritz in about 3 minutes....checked in, bags were brought up, back down to the Metro, 2 stops later and I'm at my meeting....doesn't get any better...the concierge floor was excellent with food and drink....even had room service deliver to the lounge....say what you will, but you don't need any better than the
Pentagon City Ritz Carlton...

Room Tip: stay on the concierge floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ritz Carlton. Well I stayed in better hotels ranked much lower than this "gem". In our room there were no HD programming. Wanted to watch the hockey playoff game but unfortunately no NBCSN was not in HD!!! (motel 6 has it - would yo believe it!!!! it is 2014 in US). On the wall 15 year old thick silver plastic box flat screen TV (I regret I didn't take a picture), room kind of run down. It was high 70's outside and we wanted to cool down the room - set up AC??? to 60 overnight and room was still warm in the morning. Apparently AC didn't work. If you ask why we didn't ask for help from front desk - we were on business trip and had a LOT of work during the day so in the evening when we were coming to the hotel we didn't want to deal with visit by hotel engineer to deal with AC, we were exhausted.. Just be forewarned that this hotel is NOT Ritz Carlton as you would expect it to be. All staff was nice. Hotel in general is OLD and need some lift to be called Ritz Carlton. Lots of room for improvement.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SmartTraveler2020
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear mboruch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Your feedback is important to us. Equally important is for me to have a full understanding of your comments. If you have the time to discuss further, I can be reached at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Excellent service and accommodations for this weary business traveler. First rate from the small touches (bottled water in room) to the basics. Staff was attentive, friendly and courteous all around. Adjacency of mall turned out to be a nice convenience as well. Also love that the Metro stop was right outside the hotel. Much easier (and faster and cheaper and direct) getting back to airport than a car service or taxi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Goochland, Virginia
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This will be an unique review so please read on! Being a Marriott Lifetime Platinum Member I've experienced a long list of problems while staying at Marriott properties. However, in the vast majority of cases the issues where handled satisfactorily. This was my first stay at a Ritz and I was looking forward to the experience based upon the upscale name recognition. I was greeted cordially when I drove into the entrance given a parking receipt and my luggage was brought into the registration desk. The hotel registration clerk was very pleasant and explained that "no, you do not have access to the concierge lounge". And went on to explain it is available for $100. Well that went over well. I then asked if there was a pool, whirlpool and exercise room and the response was "yes". Having knee surgery I look forward to the benefits of a whirlpool. I received my key and headed to my king room on the 14th floor. Upon entering I was instantly struck with a strong chemical odor which was most likely a cleaning solution. I turned on the AC and let it run hoping the offending odor went away. Well, after allowing ample time no luck. I called the front desk and voiced the issue and they kindly gave me a larger room on the 15th floor without the odor. Then I headed down to the 3rd floor to relax in the whirlpool to find there is no whirlpool! I'm getting a bit concerned here. Morning came and I headed down for breakfast to be greeted by no one. Finally I got the attention of a server who said to sit wherever I would like and he would be right back. Fifteen minutes pass and again no one comes over to take my order and I'm about ready to walk out and hit Duncan Donuts. Finally, another server sees that no one has taken my order and apologizes. The breakfast was fine as well as the service once I was noticed. Things are looking up! Well, no. I enter the elevator to return to my room and the elevator begins the slow journey upward and begins to jerk, shake, stop and start finally abruptly stopping somewhere near the 4th floor and the doors would not open. For 10 minutes I tried about everything inserting my key hitting the variety of elevator buttons to no avail. So, stuck in their elevator. I decide to try the phone in the elevator and miraculously someone from the front desk picked up. I explained that I was calling from their elevator, stuck, they replied that they would call someone to get me out. I waited for awhile and nothing. I decided to try to pry the doors apart and it worked. The elevator was about a foot below the 4th floor. So I stepped up and was able to find a working elevator and safely made it back to my room. When I left my room to check out there was another gentleman waiting to go down to the 1st floor. We waited over 15 minutes depressing the down button numerous times and nothing. Finally we tried the up button which did the trick. So we went "up to go down"! A unique experience without question. Would I stay here again? Don't think so! I'm sure most patrons here are not as unlucky as I was. Life is full of choices...

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Terry B
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Terry B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor. Needless to say, I am disappointed with the experience that we provided to you as a first time guest. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your visit. Feedback is very important to us, so if you could afford the time, I can be reached directly at 703-4152-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Doha
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have never reviewed anything my life. The service in this hotel was so awesome that I felt like I owed it to them.

When I arrived at the hotel, my card didn't work so I couldn't pay the taxi. The hotel fronted me the money and we're very nice about it. Frank* at the reception told me a story about when he went out and his card didn't work either and that genuinely made the experience much less awkward.

Every single person at the hotel went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Room service was fast, housekeeping is great, the location is perfect. I needed to buy video games for my little brother, jewelry for my girlfriend and a bunch of other stuff: all available in the attached mall.

I'm leaving now after only 4 days in the hotel but it feels like I'm leaving home.

* Frank for president. He remembered my name after only having seen it on the first day (and I have a difficult name), great personality and on my last day told me that the cab ride was on them. If anyone from management is reading this then this guy has to be promoted. You're in trouble if he leaves.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear AlRush,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We work very hard to deliver the feeling of a "home away from home." It is gratifying to read about your experience as it conveys the positive outcome of our commitment to service training. I am very fortunate to have Frank on our team. He is an outstanding hospitality professional and we all appreciate the work he does. I will be certain to share your comments in our weekly staff meeting. Again, my thanks to you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please contact me directly at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2014

For the business or leisure traveler this hotel is the best choice in the Capital Region. Access to National Airport and Metro couldn't be easier. My stay started with the warmest welcome I have ever received at any hotel thanks to Mr. Mahmoud. You expect a certain standard at a Ritz-Carlton. Mr. Mahmoud and the entire staff exceeds it. Excellent food on the property and dozens of other dining options within a short walk. In addition to the usual fitness center, there's a pool and sauna, something few hotels in the area have. Superb housekeeking, well appointed rooms and comfortable beds made for great night's sleep after a busy day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John F
Dear JF Seattle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our property with the Trip Advisor Community! We also feel that our location and proximity to the Metro Line allow us to offer a tremendous value when visiting the Washington DC area. I am very fortunate to work with Khaled who is an outstanding hospitality professional. I will share your feedback in our weekly staff meeting as I know he will appreciate your comments very much. Thank you again for your feedback. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please contact me directly at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I am fortunate to travel and stay in nice hotels...after a while one bedroom or a marble bathroom all seem the same so its the small things that make it diiferent and this hotel is about service. Always a welcome from the doorman, doors opened for you by staff saying welcome back..even breakfast which in hotels the worlds over can be a scrum was civilised and welcoming. Its a comfortable nice hotel with an attached Mall, Pentagon Row nearby for restaurants and clean pleasant rooms with Frette linen and Asprey toiletries. Ritz Carlton s are always reliable and a hallmark for quality..after a 14 hour inbound from Dubai this hotel hit the spot. Well done

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
#64 of 140 in Washington DC
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,420 reviews
Upper Northwest
Willard InterContinental Washington

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!