“Service makes up for needed updates”

The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
VA
“Service makes up for needed updates”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall good hotel. This hotel is trying to be a busines hotel and a tourist hotel at the same time, hard to pull off. Due to the high traffic, the hotel has seen better days, and probably not up to the Ritz-Carlton aura any longer, but the Dulles Ritz is even worse.

However, the service and attitude of the staff is outstanding, very well trained and obviously they like being there, not the always the norm at US hotels these days.

I liked my experice there, rooms need upgrades, but all else is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
tampa
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay Memorial Day weekend. We were there for four days. Booked 2 rooms. We were taken.very well care of. The staff and clientele is very international and you get exposed to many beautiful nations and people.

Chloee the concierge was outstanding and very accomodating!! Sera the other concierge was fabulous as well!!

The only negative was the restaurant Fyve is very slow. Food was excellent,but receiving our food took time.

The hotel is right next to the metro and connected to the mall. We had a great rate and an outstanding time!!
:-)
When i return to DC/VA area i will stay here again!! :-)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I were here for a graduation last week. I figured booking rooms here was a good idea because it's the Ritz! Going with two picky grandmas, discerning parents are not easy so I figured this was an easy choice.

The elevators were deathly slow...having to wait 10 minutes every single time is just ridiculous!

The rooms need a serious upgrade. The lighting is poor, furniture shabby, room smells moldy, ac doesn't cool the room, showers are not luxur

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JayneC84
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear JayneC84,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I do apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations; however, I do hope you were able to enjoy your momentous occasion. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you.
If you have the time, I can be reached at 703-412-2778. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tod Morrow
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Great hotel.....what I'd expect from a ritz. Convent access to mall/highway/airport. The front desk/ car service/ lounge / food are top notch. Make sure you tip the bell hop for a late checkout if desired. Daughter loved the kids check-in with gift. Life made easy when traveling with family.

Pet friendly...bonus

Stayed May 2014
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed the first night of our honeymoon at the Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City. We were catching an early flight to Hawaii the next day and wanted to stay close to the airport. I must have mentioned as much when I made the reservation because when we checked in, not only were we greeted by name, but the front desk clerk specifically noted that we were beginning our honeymoon and flying to Hawaii and congratulated us. Additionally, he provided us access to the club level and encouraged us to take in the view before we left. The bellhop that escorted us to our room asked us many questions about our upcoming trip and congratulated us as well. Upon entering our room, we were greeted with a handwritten note congratulating us on our nuptials and left us six HUGE chocolate covered strawberries as a treat. The personal touches were really wonderful and a great way to start our trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ponte Vedra
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Landed at Reagan, hopped on the Metro and got off on the 2nd stop and was in the Ritz in about 3 minutes....checked in, bags were brought up, back down to the Metro, 2 stops later and I'm at my meeting....doesn't get any better...the concierge floor was excellent with food and drink....even had room service deliver to the lounge....say what you will, but you don't need any better than the
Pentagon City Ritz Carlton...

Room Tip: stay on the concierge floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ritz Carlton. Well I stayed in better hotels ranked much lower than this "gem". In our room there were no HD programming. Wanted to watch the hockey playoff game but unfortunately no NBCSN was not in HD!!! (motel 6 has it - would yo believe it!!!! it is 2014 in US). On the wall 15 year old thick silver plastic box flat screen TV (I regret I didn't take a picture), room kind of run down. It was high 70's outside and we wanted to cool down the room - set up AC??? to 60 overnight and room was still warm in the morning. Apparently AC didn't work. If you ask why we didn't ask for help from front desk - we were on business trip and had a LOT of work during the day so in the evening when we were coming to the hotel we didn't want to deal with visit by hotel engineer to deal with AC, we were exhausted.. Just be forewarned that this hotel is NOT Ritz Carlton as you would expect it to be. All staff was nice. Hotel in general is OLD and need some lift to be called Ritz Carlton. Lots of room for improvement.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SmartTraveler2020
Tod M, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear mboruch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Your feedback is important to us. Equally important is for me to have a full understanding of your comments. If you have the time to discuss further, I can be reached at 703-412-2778 or at tod.morrow@ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tod Morrow
The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
Omni Shoreham Hotel
#64 of 140 in Washington DC
Upper Northwest
Willard InterContinental Washington

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!