“Top Notch Service”

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Top Notch Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I drove up from Virginia Beach and checked into the Ritz late in the evening. After a long 4 hour drive, it was refreshing to see smiling faces, courteous and friendly valet staff. The front desk was efficient and processed me very quickly. The valet brought my bags to my room and explained in detail all the amenities of the room, and some of the services of the hotel (e.g., 24/7 food service, etc). I stay at the Ritz whenever I have meetings at the Pentagon because it is very close - so I can either walk to the Pentagon or take the Metro Blue Line (One stop away for only $3.15 round trip). As a federal employee, I am entitled to the USG rate of $167.00 per day plus taxes. The overnight parking costs $35 per day. Great location to the Pentagon City Shopping Mall which is physically attached to the hotel. Great value all around. Internet is not free.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

If you book at the right time, you can get a great value at this luxury hotel just minutes from DCA airport and close to great restaurants and all the DC attractions. Right on the Metro line, also plenty of cabs and convenient valet parking if you have a car. Excellent shopping in the adjacent mall. The food in the restaurant is excellent, although beware the inflated prices for drinks ($20/glass for wine). Breakfast is a must -- fantastic buffet with everything you can imagine, including omelets cooked to order. The only negative was some bad advice and poor directions from the concierge -- surprising for this hotel. Otherwise, a great experience. We stay here whenever we can if we have to fly in/out of DCA.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Munster, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This Ritz doesn't have the Palatial Grandeur of many of its other properties, but when in DC and getting a Conference rate, it was quite a good deal.
The rooms were comfortable and clean. The halls are like walking through a freezer (bring a sweater). Being on the Metro line and having a high end mall at your finger tips is really nice. There is really nothing else to do in this end of Arlington but shop and take the Metro to DC.
The staff was nice. Exercise facility small with a nice pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
northern virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I like to check into local Ritz Carlton's for a fun staycation with club access included. I have been to the Tysons location a few times and this was my first visit to the Pentagon City location. A friend of mine and I took the metro and hotel was located right across from the exit. This location is very convenient to readily get into DC to see the sights without having to pay the much higher price for hotels there. Since being a local, this was not a consideration. One of the gripes I have with the hotel to begin with is I had called directly to the hotel to reconfirm that I wanted 2 double beds and was told that it was noted on my reservation. When my friend and I got there we had to deal with a king bed. We've been friends for a long time and decided to just deal with it. The hotel is attached to the Pentagon City mall which is convenient for those looking to do some shopping or have access to other dining choices. The club lounge was nice. Attendants there were pleasant. They offer the usual food offerings through out the day. Alcoholic beverages are included as usual, which is very nice. Most of it was decent. The hot appetizers in the evening were disappointing. Fried Mac and cheese balls and some kind of tex mex empanada kind of thing. Neither were good. Hot items at breakfast were also not good. Bad scrambled eggs. They should just stick with the nice continental selection they had rather than offering bad hot items. The hotel does have an indoor pool, which we did not use since the opening hours were in the morning and later in the day at 4:30. No spa at this location. I also noticed the Ritz doesn't seem to carry the Bulgari toiletries anymore, also disappointing. I would recommend for those looking to stay at a Ritz Carlton that is also very convenient to tour Washington, D.C. The hotel is in walking distance to the Pentagon 9/11 memorial, which we did visit. Also want to mention that if you book a bit ahead of time you may be able to secure a nice AAA rate, if you are a member. I paid $220.00 for the club lounge but I did book a few months in advance. I will most likely book my future staycations at the Tysons location.

Room Tip: Club lounge is worth it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
staciefm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is convenient (public transpiration just outside), beautiful, close to everything, staffed with helpful and friendly staff, and a wonderful choice for a large conference. Enjoyed the trip and hotel!

• Stayed June 2014
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visit DC annually to visit my father at Arlington National Cemetery. My wife and I have stayed in some great locations in DC itself, but for future trips and for our purposes, the Ritz/Pentagon will be our hotel of choice. We'll have to rely on weekend specials to access the hotel as the business week prices are exorbitant (major factor in my 4/5 dot rating), but the professionalism and civility of the staff at this hotel are outstanding and we will return whenever possible.
Access to/from National airport and major highways to explore Virginia and Maryland are just a couple blocks away. The metro is literally right outside the front door so accessing DC without a car is a snap. We really liked being across the river from DC and only venturing in for short, well defined spurts. We used the car to explore a much broader area and the day we visited my father, Arlington National was virtually right around the corner. We never drove the car inside the belt, and it was great.
The hotel is aging, but is really nice and really well maintained. Large rooms and...it is a Ritz...nothing shabby about it at all...they remain top notch hoteliers.The issue with the elevator you may have read about in some previous reviews has been resolved. No waits...ever.
Spa and locker rooms were very Ritz...very nice. A less than grand lobby area is however beautiful and highlighted by pink marble floors and crystal chandeliers. There were many eateries of all price ranges in the immediate area and we mainly only ate breakfast at the hotel. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was very good, albeit pricey. There are no spectacular grounds, but considering it's location and the adjoining fashion center mall, it fits in very well with the area.
The Ritz is a winner and we will hope to be back again and again.

Room Tip: Communicate with the hotel and let them know what you need...they will do everything they can to mak...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank travelguru54
Redding, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 5 days. The service from the hotel stay was excellent. We had breakfast at the in-house restaurant on most days. On three consecutive days we were served grapes (which we did not order) with fungus. We pointed this out on each day. On the last go around, we escalated the issue as we were concerned about the quality of the food in their kitchen. The restaurant manager tired to make things right by bringing up a cheese platter.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC
#67 of 140 in Washington DC
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,333 reviews
Upper Northwest
Willard InterContinental Washington

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City? Share your experiences!