1,814 results
All reviews pentagon city club level turn down service shopping mall nice mall metro stop fashion centre easy access dc area fitness center reagan airport indoor pool hotel restaurant convenient location rc sonia concierge
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The amenities in the room at this hotel are incomplete. The room has an Nespresso machine with coffee pods and tea bags. Since I enjoy a cup of tea without having to go out or order it, all I needed was to make some hot water for the tea. A simple act indeed.

After a series of trial and error efforts, and phone calls to the front desk who had no idea how hot water could be made, I learned that a guest cannot actually make hot water for the tea. The first attendant who visited th room tried to convince me that pouring water into the back side container of the Nespresso machine would create hot water. I tried, but that is just a storage container for the Nespresso machine. Then, after another phone call, another attendant came and declared that the Nespresso machine is not intended to make hot water. Thank you, that was precisely my understanding. Then, the third attendant brought an electric kettle - Hallelujah, now we have a solution.

What’s not clear to me as a guest - why does the Ritz Carlton management provide tea bags in the room without the proper equipment required to make hot water? This whole setup creates confusion for guests, and the staff is not knowledgeable either.

Room tip: Ask for an electric tea kettle if you want to make tea in the room
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ALICIA P, Front Office Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am deeply sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you to restore your confidence in our Hotel. If you could afford the time, I may be reached at 703-415-5000. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Alicia Pinto

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We've never stayed at a Ritz-Carlton so this was a real treat for us!

Pros:
- Best bed ever!
- nice employees
- huge tv
- fancy coffee
- great shower
- close to mall/Costco

Cons:
- thin doors = noise
- not decorated very pretty in lobby

A fun experience - wish we could go back

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is connected to a nice mall and has the subway to DC at the entrance. Very convenient to downtown on the yellow or blue line. The rooms are clean and up to date Stayed two nights. Used the gym. Above average gym on third floor. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice alternative to staying in DC with little inconvenience for the price savings.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank robync475
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Overall, this was an excellent hotel with some of the friendliest and most helpful staff I have encountered in awhile but there is a bit of room for improvement. My husband and I were traveling for business and the location was perfect for business and tourism. There were a few oddities which kept me from being able to rate it five stars. Most importantly, neither of us slept well. While the bed was very comfortable, the pillows were awful. I’m unsure what they were filled with but as soon as you laid your head on them, they completely flattened out. Better pillows would be very welcome especially since we’ll likely be staying there again next spring. Also, the room guide gave a listing of the items available from the honor bar but the mini refrigerator while cold, was empty and the shelves and bar top were void of any offerings.
In addition, for some reason, no one was answering the room service line on multiple occasions during breakfast hours and once around 7:00 pm. I then tried the guest services line multiple times hoping they could transfer me to to room service but no one answered that either. Once we finally did get through, service was excellent and the food was very good.
Other then those items, everything was as expected from a Ritz Carlton. The furnishings were very interesting with a 1950s noatgic influence and appropriate for the location and were appreciated. Everything else was as expected from this brand.
Once again, I’d just like to mention how friendly and helpful all of the staff I encountered were. I’m afraid I did not catch anyone’s name but eveyone in all departments were wonderful.
Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and we will be returning.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We drove from Atlanta to DC to Boston and Back from Thursday to Sunday for my son's university graduation. We stayed in 4 hotels along the way and was extremely lucky and very pleased with all of our accommodations. In DC I usually divide my time between the Ritz and the Fairmont. Upon arrival to the Ritz, the welcome from the doormen and valets and front desk staff was incredible. We stay once a year and was amazed at how much the valets remembered us. The ladies and Gentlemen of the Ritz Carlton is a true statement because of these workers. Dont underestimate these humble valets. They are some of the most intelligent and decent human beings on this planet. Engage them in conversations, and you will be amazed! They are the reason why I stay at this hotel from time to time!

Room tip: High floor corner room
Trip type: Travelled with family