“Good hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed there for business meetings. The hotel seems to be isolated from DC attractions, shopping centers, restaurants, and metros. If you do not have a car, you cannot welk to those places. However, the hotel provides complementary shuttle to metro and DCA airport. The shuttle operates twice an hour, which is very convenient.
During my stay, I used a shuttle to go to restaurants.
The room was well maintained and clean. The bed was comfortable.
I called the front desk and asked the room to be cleaned after 12 pm.
They told me that the room will be cleaned in the afternoon.
When I came back from breakfast, the cleaning lady is cleaning my room. So, I waited in the lobby, which was inconvenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City from 11/24/13 to 11/27/13. We were in town to visit my wife's mother for Thanksgiving and stayed at the hotel for a few days prior to going to the mother in law's house.

The hotel in general seemed to be maintained pretty well. The common areas were all clean and well appointed, as was our room. Housekeeping kept the room clean and always had a supply of clean towels for us. The only complaint I had about the room was that the bed caused me some back pain. This is not the fault of the hotel though, as the bed was a fairly soft inner spring mattress. My bed at home is a very firm temperpedic mattress on a platform bed. The difference was just a little much for my back to handle.

As for the amenities at the hotel, they seem to cater a lot to business travelers. They have conference rooms and meeting areas which we did not have occasion to use. The top floor of the hotel has an indoor pool, and also allows for great views of the Washington D.C. area. The hotels restaurant, The Potomac, is on the ground floor just down from the lobby. We did try the restaurant for breakfast one morning. They offer both a breakfast buffet and individual dishes. I found the restaurant to be a bit pricy for what it was, but most restaurants in the area are.

The hotel is also only about a mile away from Pentagon Row. This area offers a lot of different shopping and dining options. Arlington Cemetery is just down the road, although if you want to actually visit the cemetery you have to enter from the other side. It does take a few minutes to get to all of the tourist attractions in Washington, but we didn't find this to be an issue. And if you are flying into Reagan airport, the hotel is only about 10 minutes away.

Overall I would recommend this hotel. The stay and the service is definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer great views of the Washington area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The immediate location of the hotel has some construction but the shuttle to the metro gives you easy access to the city and the views from the rooms of the city are amazing. We were here for a work meeting and the staff is exceptional. They were attentive, friendly, helpful and there were plenty of them around to help and direct our guests. I thought the rooms were nice, the bed was great. They did a really good job on the food as well. With the shuttles to the airport, metro and mall, this is a nice reasonable alternative to stay in DC. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the side with the view of the city. It's amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Finksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights on business. Had a wonderful king room with a city view. Bed was comfortable, HVAC worked well. All was clean and pleasant. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I couldn't get the TV remote to work and called the front desk. They had a technician come up within a few minutes and he quickly resolved the issue. I ate breakfast in the restaurant--very nice buffet and had wine and an appetizer at the bar one night. Again, great service and good food. I would definitely recommend it to others. I also used the shuttle service and they were prompt and courteous.

Stayed November 2013
new england
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I just attended a business conference with 450 of my colleagues. Some highlights from this particular property is definitely their staff. Most all employees that I encountered were friendly, attentive and hospitable. The food was great! Serving this large of a crowd could be overwhelming, but this hotel pulled it off. Excellent crowd control such as manually operating the elevators, adding additional shuttles and making sure there was staff available to make it all run smooth. The hotel bed was comfortable, but starting to give signs of age - tilted to one side. One hiccup: Internet was spotty.

All in all: great hotel

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I'm writing this review in the cold, drafty lobby. Not in my quiet room. Not in the bar where I just bought an $8 beer. In the lobby because it is the only place in the hotel where internet ... even for 2 minutes ... doesn't cost $12. Parking is $22. Really? Why don't they start charging for TV cable and hot water!?

Room Tip: Room 813 is on the traffic side - NOISY. Ask for a room on the other side of the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rhfahy
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Rhfany,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us during your recent stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I am sorry and disappointed that your stay fell short of your expectations. We do have a pricing structure that is very competitive in the Arlington/D.C. Metro market but I do understand that sometimes additional pricing can be a bit frustrating as I have experienced with the Airlines.

As I am sure you are an experienced traveler, you may want to look into package deal as many hotels offer value added inclusive pricing options that some Guests like to take advantage of.

Again, thank you for your feedback as it will help us gain additional understand our Guests needs.

Best regards, SPCGM
Hollis, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a business training. The staff were wonderful. When I arrived I realized there was not a fridge in the room and as a nursing mom I needed somewhere to store my milk. Within minutes they delivered a fridge. Everyone was very accommodating throughout the weekend and always welcoming and trying to help. The room was decent and had all the basics. Short drive into the city and had shuttles to and from the airport.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business