“Good Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, nice rooms and was very close to all DC attractions and located with a nice view and easy access into DC and in the middle of Arlington! Would recommend this hotel- definatly not the best, but quality rooms and very good location!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I spent the previous weekend with my friend there. This hotel is good value for money. The hotel was in a very good condition, looked modern and new. The rooms were pretty roomy and the beds very comfortable. The lady at the front desk was chewing gum like she was acting in a Nicki Minaj's video clip! She did not stop even when we left. It was a nice gesture of her though not to charge us for the parking. (thank you very much!). The head waiter was very good at his job and his attitude was very pleasant. (in the breakfast). On the other hand the lady that was helping us during our breakfast was rude. Overall the hotel was good and the facilities. The only thing I think that this hotel needs to improve is the attitude of the employees.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I received outstanding customer service at the Sheraton. The staff was extremely helpful and considerate. They went the extra mile to ensure that I had everything I needed. They were the most professional and adorable hotel staff I have ever encountered. My room was clean and the food was good and the staff was great! I love seeing that in America you can still receive exceptional customer service. Thank you to Sara, Denika, and Dustin...you guys ROCK!!! A Movie Fan!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed there for business meetings. The hotel seems to be isolated from DC attractions, shopping centers, restaurants, and metros. If you do not have a car, you cannot welk to those places. However, the hotel provides complementary shuttle to metro and DCA airport. The shuttle operates twice an hour, which is very convenient.
During my stay, I used a shuttle to go to restaurants.
The room was well maintained and clean. The bed was comfortable.
I called the front desk and asked the room to be cleaned after 12 pm.
They told me that the room will be cleaned in the afternoon.
When I came back from breakfast, the cleaning lady is cleaning my room. So, I waited in the lobby, which was inconvenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City from 11/24/13 to 11/27/13. We were in town to visit my wife's mother for Thanksgiving and stayed at the hotel for a few days prior to going to the mother in law's house.

The hotel in general seemed to be maintained pretty well. The common areas were all clean and well appointed, as was our room. Housekeeping kept the room clean and always had a supply of clean towels for us. The only complaint I had about the room was that the bed caused me some back pain. This is not the fault of the hotel though, as the bed was a fairly soft inner spring mattress. My bed at home is a very firm temperpedic mattress on a platform bed. The difference was just a little much for my back to handle.

As for the amenities at the hotel, they seem to cater a lot to business travelers. They have conference rooms and meeting areas which we did not have occasion to use. The top floor of the hotel has an indoor pool, and also allows for great views of the Washington D.C. area. The hotels restaurant, The Potomac, is on the ground floor just down from the lobby. We did try the restaurant for breakfast one morning. They offer both a breakfast buffet and individual dishes. I found the restaurant to be a bit pricy for what it was, but most restaurants in the area are.

The hotel is also only about a mile away from Pentagon Row. This area offers a lot of different shopping and dining options. Arlington Cemetery is just down the road, although if you want to actually visit the cemetery you have to enter from the other side. It does take a few minutes to get to all of the tourist attractions in Washington, but we didn't find this to be an issue. And if you are flying into Reagan airport, the hotel is only about 10 minutes away.

Overall I would recommend this hotel. The stay and the service is definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer great views of the Washington area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The immediate location of the hotel has some construction but the shuttle to the metro gives you easy access to the city and the views from the rooms of the city are amazing. We were here for a work meeting and the staff is exceptional. They were attentive, friendly, helpful and there were plenty of them around to help and direct our guests. I thought the rooms were nice, the bed was great. They did a really good job on the food as well. With the shuttles to the airport, metro and mall, this is a nice reasonable alternative to stay in DC. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Definitely stay on the side with the view of the city. It's amazing.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Finksburg, Maryland
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights on business. Had a wonderful king room with a city view. Bed was comfortable, HVAC worked well. All was clean and pleasant. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. I couldn't get the TV remote to work and called the front desk. They had a technician come up within a few minutes and he quickly resolved the issue. I ate breakfast in the restaurant--very nice buffet and had wine and an appetizer at the bar one night. Again, great service and good food. I would definitely recommend it to others. I also used the shuttle service and they were prompt and courteous.

Stayed November 2013