“Pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pensacola, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Long time since I stayed at a Sheraton and i was very nicely surprised. Hotel is off the main drag in Crystals. City area but staff made up for that plus they shuttle to Pentagon mall where there is shopping and restaurants. I love their green initiative to Opt out of daily maid service and the incentive of reward points or dollars off future hotel stay.

Fresh fruit plate at breakfast was a lovely creation.

Ranjit at front desk is wonderful

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for staying with us in Arlington
We are happy to hear you received excellent service from Ranjit. I will certainly pass on your kind words to him.

Thank you for recognizing our green initiative program. I am really pleased to hear that you think it is a good idea!

We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Arlington.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The front desk gentlemen Rajit was extremely helpful, courteous, and resourceful. Before I had made to my room everything I needed was either in the room or on the way. As a platinum member, the level of service varies from property to property but this stay was the most delightful spg experience I have had in a while.

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall, this is a very good property, and their plans to refurbish the guest rooms with new carpeting will help ensure the property remains a 4-star location. We've hosted several meetings here and have had very few complaints about the location, guest rooms, or meeting spaces, which is terrific. My stay here was perfectly fine, though my guest room had fairly stained carpet. It wasn't that it was dirty - clearly it had been vacuum, etc., but it was just stained all-over. Not sure how people stain up hotel carpeting so much, but it certainly seems common!

There is complimentary shuttle service over to the subway, which is convenient, but the area is also not that far of a walk if you're up for it, and the shops / restaurants over by Pentagon Row are fine for dinner or drinks. We took the subway into central DC and it was quick & convenient.

The hotel restaurants were also good - food was fresh & relatively promptly served, especially at lunch, less so towards the end of the evening when they were trying to close up, and we were hoping to order dinner at 9pm.

Overall, as I said, very good - rooms are a nice, roomy, and I think the location is good!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am glad to hear you have heard our plans for new carpeting. We have no idea how people stain up the carpeting either!

I am pleased you found our location convenient and the shuttle service useful for the short hop to the metro.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was a comfortable stay with a very helpful staff. Ranjit was nice enough to correct an error on my bill that was made the previous night when I checked in. He even gave me complimentary drink coupons for the error. The free shuttle service to the metro will allow me to get to the airport easier than having to wait for the bus.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you have transportation, there are plenty of places to go grab a bite. If you are relying on public transportation, then you are a bit more isolated, there is quite literally not much to walk to. In defense of the hotel, they do have a shuttle service that will drop off and pick up from the Pentagon City Metro. I, however, was not aware of that until the following morning when I checked out. I did book my room through Hotwire and I was definitely expecting the second class citizen treatment which I of course got. I was not told about any amenities or services the hotel had to offer, would have been nice to know there was a shuttle. I was treated respectfully by the staff and the hotel worked just fine for what I needed, a night of lodging on the tail end of a long work trip. The best part was actually the shuttle ride. The driver was kind and courteous. I do not recommend the hotel food, however. It is pricey and I could have gotten a better fruit plate for breakfast at the airport or a fast food joint. Some of the fruit was spoiled but since I was on my way out, I only told the front desk staff. Not sure if the hotel did anything, I literally needed to get going to catch my flight.
A word of caution if you stay on the second floor: there is a set of steps that you go up and then back down. They are awkward. No problem for me, but would be for my elderly parents. Do not expect stellar views or bells and whistles, expect a functional hotel where you can sleep in a clean room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. A good stay starts with receiving everything you expect from good communication to well trained staff that put guest comfort first, I am sorry we let you down. We should always advise our guests about our shuttle offerings as well as the many other things the hotel offers like our fitness room, the link at Sheraton, and our rooftop pool. As you may have noticed our shuttles are on a 15 minute schedule and we have a sign at the Guest Reception Desk that details this. I can assure you that all of our guests receive the same quality service no matter how the reservations are booked. I apologize you found the food in the Potomac Café to be unsatisfactory, while our prices are similar to many restaurants in the area we should always ensure our guests receive fresh and well-proportioned items so again please accept our sincerest apologies that this was not the case. You can be sure we will follow up on your concerns and all of your other comments so that others are not disappointed. Again, thanks so much for sharing your experience and please do reach out to me directly so that I can personally see to your accommodations and welcome you back.

Warmest Regards,

Steve W.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Excellent stay. The restaurants were pricy but I guess that's normal on the east coast.
I loved having a spacious lobby area with plenty of seating.
My only complaint is we had chosen not to get our rooms cleaned. So on our second day, my husband had asked for shampoo and the housekeeping lady said to us that our room was not on her list.
This will be our go to hotel when we visit Virginia again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the you had an excellent stay.
Thank you for being a green traveler and choosing not to have your room serviced. I apologize for the housekeeping issue you encountered. I will certainly make sure the member of staff who was servicing the rooms at that time who denied you shampoo is given some extra training. This experience is not typical of the service we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Sincerely

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. CY, Ariel, iris, and those are the only Lovely folks I remember. Out of this world service. Took such great care of me and the ten men I traveled with to ANC. I would never consider staying anywhere else. These people made our trip memorable. Thank you all so much.

Stayed May 2014