“Good location, great staff!”

Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on a trip to check out colleges in the area. The shuttle to the Pentagon City metro is reliable, quick and convenient. The rooms were large and clean, ours had a view of the city. The breakfast buffet was delicious, but expensive. I suppose it is DC so nothing is going to be cheap. The air conditioning in the room broke and it was fixed promptly. My only complaint is the $12 daily charge for internet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mmhplustwins
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

The view from our room of Washington, D.C. was icing in the cake, especially at night. We stayed at the sheraton and really enjoyed ourselves. Ranjit at the front desk was extremely friendly and super helpful giving us advice on how to get around and where to eat. He made us feel extremely welcomed. The hotel itself is ideally situated, across from a fantastic mall that has everything you could imagine, and also the metro is also right there. There is a shuttle that runs every half hour to the mall/metro. The sheraton is also a 5 minute drive from most of the monuments, so it really made traveling easy. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank sferrn
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights on business. This hotel is surrounded by freeways and fairly cut off from anything to access by foot unless you are determined. There is a great run one can take towards the Pentagon that will eventually take you across the Potomac to the Lincoln Memorial. The room was fine and well maintained. I thought the staff were very attentive and always ready to help. There is a shuttle bus that can take you to the Pentagon City Mall (lots of good restaurants and shops). I also enjoyed a pleasant evening in the bar courtesy of a waiter who made sure our glasses were not empty for long.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Conveniently located, well appointed room and courteous staff sums up this hotel. The breakfast is wide spread and good quality. The staff was good enough to arrange for some extra vegetarian food for us.

The only thing bad about the hotel is the new wing wherein you get lost because the floors have been marked badly and you have to struggle to reach the reception.

However I would say go for it.

Room Tip: Please choose room as the same wing of the hotel building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Today is my birthday and Ranjit was AMAZING even wishing me a happy birthday because he was attentive and thoroughly looked at my license!!! His colleagues were just as personable and Ranjit made sure that my family and I felt welcomed as we had a long drive from NY in addition to site seeing with my little boys who were super excited when Ranjit mentioned there was a pool!!!! Ranjit even showed me how to add points for tonight's stay onto my Starwood card which didn't even think about doing!!! His service was most definitely consistent with the W hotel's whatever whenever!!! Love it!!! Will recommend to everyone!!! Thank you Ranjit for helping to make my birthday even more special!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Alliwood,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear your really enjoyed your stay with and we were able to give you the attentiveness you deserve. I will also pass your comments on to Ranjit as I am sure he will be pleased to hear he made your stay with us enjoyable!

Happy Birthday for Yesterday!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel. The dining room was excellent and they have a good breakfast buffet to start your day for around $15.00. The menu for the evening meal was also good and a good value.

The best thing is that a bus leaves every half hour and will take you to the Mall and the Metro. I parked the car and never moved it all weekend until I was ready to go home.

The room itself was not large but average and we faced the construction side of the hotel. The other side has an excellent view of DC and Arlington Cemetery. The pool on the top floor was very nice.

I would give it a six out of ten.

Room Tip: If you are going to be touring all day this hotel worked very well. Ask for a room with a view..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience about your visit. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Many of our hotel guests really do enjoy the great location, safe and ample parking, great value, and food offerings in our restaurant. The road work nearby is just about done and when you come back we hope that we can get you into one of our higher floors that show spectacular views of the region. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to having you back very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Steve W.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel was amazing. Ranjit at the front desk was very friendly and helpful!! The only down fall to this hotel was the shuttle. They run every 30 mins which seems to be a lot but during the evening it isn’t. I loved the fact we never had to move our vehicle while we were there on vacation the shuttle took us to the metro and we could do everything there. Overall we enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank britnysleepy
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for staying with us in Arlington.
We are happy that you received excellent service from our front desk team, and I have passed along your feedback to Ranjit.

I apologize that you feel as though are shuttles are not frequent enough in the evening, We do post the timings in the hotel lobby which may help you in future to coordinate your trips.

I am pleased to hear overall you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Emma S