“Ranjit was awesome!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nassau, Bahamas
“Ranjit was awesome!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Very nice hotel, checkin with Ranjit was very pleasant. Room accomodations were good and the restaurant was quite nice. I sent packages to the hotel to be collected on my arrival. I received two of them, but after returning to the front desk at least five times, the final package could still not be found even though I had tracked its delivery to the hotel a few days early. Ariel was pleasant and somewhat helpful, but Comilio was not. He was nonchalant and very unhelpful and was telling me there was nothing he could do. Ranjit overheard this and immediately sought to help. He searched every security closet and lo and behold, found the package. Ranjit is Awesome and should be commended for his exceptional customer service. Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Although it did take about 15 minutes to get checked in, I completely forgot about the time I spent standing in line due to the charm and helpfulness of the receptionist at Check-In, Ranjit. He was extremely friendly and quick, something that was much appreciated, considering how tired I was.

The room itself was excellent, and spacious, with a gorgeous view of the city. In the morning, I had some of the breakfast provided with my membership, and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Continental breakfasts are usually at best mediocre, but this one was excellent. Another nod to Ranjit for telling me about it, as I wouldn't have found it without his direction.

Overall, I was extremely happy with my stay, and I will be staying here whenever I need a hotel in the area.

Room Tip: This hotel has 15 floors, I think. The higher the better. Get a room facing the city, the view is in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tremoton
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When we booked this hotel we were not sure about the location knowing we would be going into DC to see all the attractions. Let me tell you so worth it. The Hotel provides a shuttle Bus that takes you to the Metro which is about a 3 minute bus ride. We are in DC within 15 minutes. The Hotel was not only clean but the front desk staff were very polite and helpful. We were able to get a package deal that included Hotel parking and the Wifi included in the rate. I highly recommend this Hotel for your future stay to Virginia/ DC area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David E
Lake Placid, FL
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just spent 3 days at this hotel for a family gathering. The staff went way out of their way to accommodate us. Good service and a comfortable room. Our view was extraordinary overlooking all the monuments and Arlington cemetery. Special thanks to Jason at the front and Ariel at check in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NancyNLakePlacid_FL
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

After a horrible night at Red Roof Inn located in Jessup MD. We found this location on Expedia. It was well worth the $30 more per room per night.
○ Check in was a breeze
○ Rooms were ready on time
○ All employees helpful from Door man, to fromt desk, even housekeeping greeted us and showed us where to find things.
They have a free shuttle that leaves every 15 minutes to the Mall area where you can catch the Metro to the monuments. Also a decent mall at same location.
Free shuttle to airport also.
Large gym, decent pool. Only drawback was if you want a minifridge you have to request one.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The service at the Sheraton was truly wonderful! There were a few cons... The rooms could use a little updating, and wasn't as convenient as other hotels I've stayed at before (I'm used to hopping on the Metro, which is impossible to do without first taking a 10 minute ride on the hotel shuttle). However, the attentive and personable staff more than made up for it. I would stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Let me start by saying Ranjit at the front desk was AWESOME! He answered all my questions and made me feel extremely welcomed. He gave us a map detailing the metro stops and explained different routes to take depending on where we wanted to go. He even gave me a complimentary drink or appetizer for my birthday at the hotel restaurant along with a few other welcome gifts for my guests and I. I asked a couple other front desk employees for some information and they misled me a bit so upon my return I will be sure to look for Ranjit or no one at all! Housekeeping was extremely nice and helpful as well. I would definitely stay here again. We were having a girls trip to DC and the cab ride was short and less than $20 to our destination. The mall is close by as well and there is a shuttle that will take you there and back. I cant wait to go back! It was worth every penny and very convenient and the staff was the best!

• Stayed June 2014