“Better than our backyard barbeque!”
Review of Carolina Brothers

Carolina Brothers
Ranked #3 of 210 Restaurants in Ashburn
Ashburn, Virginia
“Better than our backyard barbeque!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It has become our tradition to pick up some pulled pork and brisket (with the sides, of course) and eat under the fireworks on the 4th of July. And don't forget to get extras for the 5th of July! It's so good, I just might sell the grill! Don't miss this.

• Visited July 2014

Ashburn, Virginia
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great BBQ! If you go on a Saturday, make sure you go in time to get their brisket. Delicious! Their pulled pork and ribs are great too.

Visited February 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Authentic surprise in the middle of suburban plight!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wife and I decided to try a new BBQ place about 15 miles from home at Ashburn, Virginia. We thought this entire area was a made-up town with suburban malls. Following the GPS we suddenly found ourselves back in time to the original old town Ashburn and there was Carolina Brothers BBQ in what must have been a 1930S (?) general store. The inside also surprised us....this is a real country BBQ joint! OK....so I got a half-rack of ribs and my wife a Texas style beef sandwich. Also some slaw and cornbread. Very good flavor all around....yes, Carolina like but sweeter and a bit richer than most Carolina BBQ. Ribs were moist and meaty, sandwich beef thick and tender. Cornbread to die for. OK so the slaw needs some work.......but all in all a great place with very local country (authentic) atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
Reston, Virginia
“Real Eastern NC BBQ - all it advertises to be!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Absolutely amazed, after 6 decades of eating farm-style eastern NC BBQ I was expecting disappointment for the NoVa area after all the big chains I have tried here. This is the real deal. Very mild flavor to appeal to all age groups but you can add the vinegar based sauce and assorted hot sauces to whatever level makes you happy!!!! True carolina style pulled then chopped (pork). Fully loaded bun with two heaping sides ($7.50), was more like family reunion than a restaurant, even had beef brisket, chicken, and hot dogs available. Homemade pies, banana pudding, and the like gave the whole experience a "down home, tobacco farm" warmth. Only thing I missed was southern style Sweet Tea. This is comfort food at the highest level I have seen in NoVA for the past 8 years. Will be here often.

• Visited May 2014
“Was very excited to try this place, not what I was expecting.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had heard good things about Carolina Brothers, that it was authentic Carolina BBQ and that it was fantastic. We had a tough time getting into the place, the parking lot was jammed. The place had a long line (we called ahead the day before, I recommend you do the same). Since it's located next to the O&D trail it attracts some spandex clad cyclists. You know how spandex goes, it's not meant for everyone. So I went to the head of the long line to order since my order was ready, not spending more time than I needed to looking at "stuff" sticking out. The place itself was nice, was very clean and the people were friendly. We ordered 2 slabs of ribs and a pound of pulled pork.The ribs were very tender, but the sauce was very bland, I ended up using some Sweet Baby Ray's with my ribs. The pulled pork I was very disappointed in, no flavor, it was very bland. Both items were good, just not great by any means. I would eat there again, but it would again be take out and I would have my favorite BBQ sauce to make it better.

• Visited May 2014