“A great stay close to IAD airport.”

Aloft Dulles Airport North
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A great stay close to IAD airport.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I frequently travel to and from Dulles airport, and this is one of the better places in the area to stay. The staff is friendly and my room is always clean and ready for me when I arrive. Last minute changes of schedule are quickly and easily handled. If you need a place to stay in the area at a reasonable price, with great access to the Washington area, then this would be my suggestion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank for your kind feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I spent over 40 minutes at the check in, they were not able to find the room type I reserved (2 connecting queen bed rooms, I was travelling with 4 child) even if I called few days earlier to confirm my request. They assigned me 2 kings, so I asked for 2 roll away beds which was the only one request they provided.
Asked for towels and fridge again (already requested at booking) as soon as we walked into the rooms. Nothing
Asked again before leaving for dinner. Came back... nothing
Toilet not working properly. tried to fix the same night... the morning after was not working again. Requested the service... nobody came.
second night still with no towels, fridge (which is supposed to be complimentary in every room!!) and toilet not working.
Staff just careless, General Manager too
Never again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paolo G
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the challenges experience and for my inability to connect with you. The services you received is not a true reflection of our team and Starwood hotels and resorts. I noticed that you were staying with us on the employee discount plan and will connect with you to further discuss your stay experience.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Best regards,

Ralph
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed the Aloft because most other hotels were not available during the time of my booking. To my surprise the hotel was very modern, hip and the staff was very friendly. Upon checking in I was greeted until the time I checked out haven't experience such personal and attentive service. I will certainly make the Aloft my #1 place to stay going forward.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I recently stayed here and have stayed here several times in the past coupe of years. It is consistent. The rooms are clean. The staff helpful and friendly. Sometimes is gets a little loud on weekend nights in the lobby bar area but that has not been a problem in my room. It's a good location and easy to get to. I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NancyLeeR

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Yes we had a discount, but why did we have broken mirrors and coffee maker. The housekeepers left our room open! It was a mess and they were so cheap they left us in a one bed room when when they promised we would have a two bedroom and never moved us. Then asked if we want a free weekend then don't make us pay !!!!! WTH!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, 27 June 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am disappointed and annoyed. My flight was delayed in Chicago, and I need to pick up my dog the next day from Leesburg. So although I live in DC, I thought I will find somewhere to stay and then pick up my little butch right away the next morning.

So I booked to stay in this place via the internet while waiting to board in Chicago, because it was more economical than Hilton's Garden Inn next door, even though I normally stay with Hilton with the Gold member status. Arrived after 11 pm. Arrived in the hotel, the receptionist promptly stated that the hotel is overbooked, and there is no room available. She printed out a piece of paper and said that the Embassy Suites Dulles nearby. There is no need to pay just show up at their reception.

I asked how come no one from Aloft telephone to tell me that the room is not available, so that I do not have to show up after midnight and found out there is no room. The receptionist said she don't know, and she only just noticed that there is no room for us. I told her this ought to be reflected to the management.

Not cool, I would not have any problem if I was informed by phone. Then I could have drove directly to the Embassy Suites. Bearing in mind I am tired and travelled all day.

Though the lobby look cool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Superlegalbabe

Holt, Michigan
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Our room was clean and spacious and very quiet. The decor was very cool and gave it a fresh look. The pool area was perfect for end of the day energy release for the kiddos. Our only downside to the stay was the lack of continental breakfast offering.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Chantilly / Dulles Airport
HYATT house Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!