“Nice stay, spacious rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North

SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Rochester, NY
“Nice stay, spacious rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here one night after staying in the DC area. Rooms are very nice size especially for a family. It is hard to find. GPS wouldn't work. Need a car to reach other areas. Close to the outlets and Leesburg, VA. Breakfast was very good. Disappointed that we could not use the pool. Apparently we were told that a guest decided to use the pool as a bubble bath the day before and no one could go in. The front desk clerk was very polite and approachable. He had great customer service. Nice to have coffee available later in the day. Room was very clean. The area is very up and coming. Can see it get very busy and popular in years to come. We were very happy with our stay other than not being able to use the pool.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel the last weekend of February 2012. The staff was very helpful and the room was great. I traveled with my mother and eight year old daughter. The bathroom set up was great as when someone was having a shower, you didn't have to worry about someone waiting to use the toilet! A big help with three generations in the same room. My daughter loved the pool and the free WiFi was great throughout the entire hotel, as we were able to Skype my husband on the laptop from the poolside. My daughter was thrilled to show Daddy how she was swimming in February!

The breakfast was really great and having skim milk and low fat yoghurts were a great touch for a buffet styled breakfast.

When I make it back to visit family in Ashburn, I will be certain to stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hannah A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences with other travellers using the Tripadvisor website. I am so happy to hear that your entire family enjoyed the stay and the amenities at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are visiting your relatives in the Ashburn area.

Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I have stayed here on business a number of times. My colleagues and I call it the Dulles “Enchantment Under the Sea” hotel. When you walk into the lobby, you’ll know why. The lobby has a kinda funky décor with sheer aquamarine curtains across the lobby and sea green furniture. It’s a bit of a shocker upon first walking in the door, but at least it’s not cookie-cutter like every other business hotel. The Sea World feel continues into the rooms. Lots of art deco aqua décor. I find it a pleasant change of pace, but I can see how it has put off other reviewers.
The queen/queen suite is large with plenty of room to spread out. The “suite” area includes a sofa, chair, coffee table, a coffee bar area with minifridge and microwave, and desk with Ethernet (wi-fi is also included) and a partition separating the bed area. You can watch TV from the sofa and chair if you position it correctly. The partition opens like a window so you can see the TV and beds from the desk as well. The shower has mid-body nozzles. The bathroom arrangement is unique. The sink/vanity and shower are in one room and the toilet and a small sink are in a separate room. It can be confusing when you wake in the middle of the night and go into the wrong bathroom and can’t find a toilet. Not sure why the room is designed like this, but you get twice the number of sinks, and some privacy in the shower or toilet. Beds are comfortable. Bed linens and towels are thick and comfy. Rooms and common areas are immaculate. Wi-fi internet speed was okay, the ethernet appeared to be a little faster.
Breakfast is good. There is fresh fruit and hot foods like oatmeal, eggs and sausage/bacon each morning, along with the usual fare. The staff is attentive. They keep the food stocked and clear plates quickly. Daylong free coffee in the lobby is nice. Will always be our Dulles hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank francisfurillo
Hannah A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you so much for providing such a detailed review of your experience and the services our hotel offers. I am very happy to hear that we "will always be your Dulles hotel"!

We are always striving to accomplish more and make improvements and I am very happy to let you know that we are about to get a big upgrade to our internet bandwidth provision at the hotel. I'm confident you will see the improvement on your next visit.

If I can be of further assistance to you for your travel needs to the area, please feel free to reach out to me at any time by contacting the hotel directly.

General manager
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Where do I begin? Was quite apprehensive about booking this at first due to its location in resepect to IAD, but I went ahead and went with it. I'm definitely glad I did! Upon arrival at IAD, we called the hotel who dispatched a lovely lady to pick us up. Due to the time at which we arrived and the location of the hotel, there weren't too many suitable options for food at 9pm, but the lady was kind enough to offer to drive us elsewhere and get whatever we wanted. We didn't want to delay her too long and also wanted to make it to the hotel in time to watch our favorite show, so we just settled on going to Chick-Fil-A which was across from the hotel. The drive was kind enough to drive us there and wait for us.

Check in was efficient and the room we were assigned was great. Super comfortable bed and the room layout was decent. My only issue was that the toilet was located in a separate room from the regular restroom. Other than that, everything else was fine.

Breakfast in the morning was ample and a great spread. This is definitely a business hotel during the week, but it was still relaxing nonetheless.

Our flight wasn't until 5pm the day we left, and a very special thanks to Hannah for granting us a late check out. She was very polite and kind about it. And a very special thanks to Bruce for offering to drop what he was doing and drive us to the airport. The personal touch in our experience at this SpringHill Suites will definitely make us come back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lyndon4444
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a report on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you decided to book with us despite your apprehension - and to hear that you were 'glad you did'!

Michelle was so pleased when I shared your comments with her and to know that her actions had such a positive impact on your stay. It was her pleasure to take you over to Chick Fil A and to wait while you picked up something to eat. Although airport needs are the priority for the shuttle , we will gladly take anyone to any destination within 5 miles of the hotel, providing the shuttle and a driver are available to do so.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in the Dulles/Ashburn area.

Leesburg va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I had a business meeting at this hotel and the atmosphere is cozy yet efficient. The staff is very accommodating especially manager Hannah Adlam who could not have bee more helpful. Highly recommend this location (next door to Chik Filet!) for meetings, relatives, and more!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Please let me know if I can assist further with organizing the classes you had mentioned whilst here.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Pretty good hotel for your money. The complimentary breakfast is average - not the best I've seen but definately not the worst. The rooms are very modern but sort of unusual, eg., the bathroom door is a sliding wood door that doesn't lock.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jetsfan101703
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor report after your stay at the hotel. I am sorry it has taken until now for me to respond to you. Sadly there is little I can do to change the unusual design of the building but I certainly appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the door locks (or lack thereof). Your experience with our breakfast is certainly something we can make efforts to improve and I would enjoy hearing any suggestions as to how and what you would like to see on the breakfast buffet. Outside of our Springhill Suites breakfast brand standard, we have the flexibility to add other items and make certain changes so feel free to contact me by responding to this email or by calling the hotel directly. I would love to hear further from you.

Once again, thank you and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Based on all the positive reviews, I expected this to be a home run, but it fell a little short.

Pluses

- Room was ultra-clean and modern.
- Unusually but very nicely light vanity area in the bath.
- Nice walk-in shower with extra mid-body spray nozzles.
- Comfortable beds.
- Decent work area.
- Fridge and microwaves with simple amenities like paper plates and plastic ware.
- Comfortable lounging sofa/chaise.
- Nice front desk personnel.
- Unique, hip color scheme.
- Breakfast options were decent and tasty.

Minuses

- The pool is a joke. About the size of three hot tubs end-to-end. Cold. No hot tub!
- The lobby area is unique but awkward. The seating area fills most of the space available to walk from the front door to the rooms, so there is very little room to navigate through with luggage, etc. Very unusual design.
- On a recent Friday morning, the breakfast was packed with annoying families apparently in town for weekend sightseeing. Business travelers beware...
- The room across from me was jammed with a large family, whose children ran up and down the halls at night and again in the morning, slamming doors, yelling, etc. Could be a one-off experience, but maybe not...
- The hotel is in a somewhat unusual location, tucked behind another building and at the end of what will eventually be a longer main artery, but now just dead ends near the property.
- Computers in the lobby for printing out boarding passes were basically useless. So slow you wanted to scream.
- I didn't find the $69 or even $89 rates I'd read about. For those prices, perhaps I would have looked past the annoyances.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Courtyard Dulles Town Center
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg

Been to SpringHill Suites Ashburn Dulles North? Share your experiences!