“Abysmal!”
Review of Motel 6 Ashland

Motel 6 Ashland
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My daughter and I pulled into Ashland Motel 6 before midnight on the way from Florida to upstate New York, just looking for a clean room for a few hours sleep before continuing north the next day. The clerk was pleasant and checked us in without any problems.

When we opened the door to the room we were immediately hit with a foul odor. Then we found the light switch and the experience degraded from there. Dingy lighting wasn't dim enough to hide the complete wreck that the room was. Headboard from one of the beds had been used to put holes in the wall and was laying loose behind the bed. The base molding was ripped away from the wall and had torn the wall up in the process. That same bed had a deep valley in it and the pillows and linens were threadbare. Someone had pulled some kind of mounting bracket out of the wall and it was sitting on the dresser with wall board dust accompanying it. And did I mention the terrible smell!?

We had no trouble getting our refund, refusing the offer of a different room. We couldn't trust a business that would even think of renting a room like that to anyone. If you decide to give this place a try I hope you have better luck than we did. In all my years of traveling this was the worst room I've ever encountered. My daughter remarked, "We finally found a room that even Dad couldn't sleep in!"

We wound up across the street at Hampton Inn. Twice the price but worth it after the shocker next door.

P.S. We didn't sleep there, but rated Sleep Quality as Terrible since the experience gave me nightmares at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John S

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My 14 year old daughter and I found ourselves " downsizing" our vacation plans due to the Government Shutdown & no pay status for me. We chose this place online with slight trepidation due to the unbelievable price. In other words, we paid for 2 nights less than the grander hotel we usually stay in for 1 night even with my government discount. Place was well located, central to all needs, clean with nice beds, clean bedding& soft towels. It's ECONOMY so no frills like shampoo, hair dryers etc but you get your money's worth! We will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Redrayne63
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We checked in after a long day in Richmond. When we frist got in our room it had a horriable musty smell to it. After a while we learned to live with it and sat down untill a stink bug crawled on me! We compland and got showed another room with mold growing on the ceiling! We were showed one more room and where told we only had 5minutes to make a decision? After a little of thinking we wanted to move into that room, only to find out it had been givin away. Eventually we had to stay in our musty stink bug infested room. :( I was not pleased and we didn't even get shampoo! Not coming back again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank BeccaOhana
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

German roaches! The motel was old and worn out. It was difficult to regulate the room temperature using the AC. the pillows were old and yellowed. The sheets and blankets were scratchy. The TV was really old and there was no HBO as advertised on the website. The front desk did not have a plastic fork or spoon. I heard strange scratching noises inside the wall too. Eww!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Krogerscary
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We stayed one night after making a phone reservation earlier in the day. The desk clerk (same person on the phone) was efficient and courteous. The motel is located in a safe area and appears to be a newer model. Room was neat and clean, shower OK, decent beds. Free WIFI and a much better TV than other Motel 6's (and other hotels) we have stayed at on this trip. All in all, we can recommend this Motel 6 as a good bargain and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda M
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel as an overnight stay in a long car trip. It's located close to other hotels, but this one had the right price and it was open at the time I needed it (11:30 pm). Staff was friendly. The room was clean and included amenities that other more expensive hotels don't - free HBO and WiFi. Easy access to 1-95, shopping and dining.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I stayed here for 1 night. I checked in around 1100pm. It's a basic motor inn. I agree with other reviewers. I was pleasantly surprized. It was a nice clean room with a decent tv. I checked out at 800 am so all I wanted was a basic clean room for a decent price. All things considered, very happy. Easy access to I-95.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mollyg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell

Been to Motel 6 Ashland? Share your experiences!