“very bad!!!!!”

Red Carpet Inn, Ashland
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Do not stay at this place. Our room smelled bad, ac did not work, beds had blood stains all over them. I called the desk more than 10 times about the ac and never would fix it. The beds where so bad that we sleep in the floor. Do not stay here is was so bad!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pam T

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every fall for the last 3 years for kings dominions halloween events. I must say that the review found here in no way really represent the hotel fairly. Sure its not the bellagio, but for a jacuzzi suite for $99 what are you really looking for? I didn't notice any of the clenliness issues mentioned here but will say room smeled a little like ciggerettes. I smoke so that was no problem for me. Also a LOT of stray cats, but they were cute and harmless. All in all I will be bac this fall and for the years to come.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank TheDukeofComments
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We booked this place because it wasn't pet friendly my son has allergies and we wanted to have a nice stay. Well after talking to some behind glass we went to the room where we found it to be well Dirty!!!!!! From the walls having little black dots to the hole small enough to put in a video camera in we covered it with a bandaid, ripped carpet broked electric socket, and in the morning we found blood on the bottom sheets that we must have missed the night before. My son woke in the morning sneezing & coughing it wasn't until I returned the key ONE key only the I saw that they do take pets for an extra charge of $10 a pet. We had booked the place for 2 nights and now wish we had not stayed there in the first place. Do not stay there !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank peanutplus3
Reviewed 1 August 2010

To began our journey to Kings Dominion traveling down North Carter Road and as we are driving passed the hotels we get excited, and that excitement was short lived as we passed Howard Johnsons on the left and quickly saw that out hotel "motel" was on the other side of the Howard Johnsons. We pulled into the parking lot and saw that it looked like something from a horror movie. We decided to stay being that all the other rooms in the area were booked and we were only staying one night. As we entered the room, we noticed stains on the floors, doors, walls, and furniture. All the furniture was mismatched. I grabbed the remote to turn on the TV and although we had cable with HBO 1 and 2, I had to vigorously shake the TV for 5 minutes in order to make the picture somewhat clear. We ended up watching mostly snow. I decided against a hot shower because the entire bathroom was filthy. I pulled all the covers off the bed except for the fitted sheet because there was pubic hair on the sheets. I used my clothes for covers. Thank God I brought my own pillow. During the night the noises that came from the bathroom, air conditioner and neighbors scared the living daylights out of me and kept my wide awake all night. I was afraid for my life. I thought at any time someone was coming through the walls. My ceiling had a leak from above that filled the trash can by morning. I can't believe that the place is allowed to be in operation. I am still itching from the thought that I may have caught scabies or some other form of dermatological condition. Needless to say, this hotel should not be open and should be condemned. I wish I had slept in the car, but I was scared to leave my room until daylight.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank aholloways
Reviewed 22 June 2010

So me and my fiance took my brother to Kings Dominion as a graduation gift for him along with my younger sister and 2 friends. So that's 6 people total. I called a month ahead of time and reserved 2 joining rooms both with double beds. Well this is where the stay first started to get interesting. When I got there, the front desk manager informed me that the rooms I had reserved a month in advance were not available because the people that stayed the nights before decided to stay an extra night. Well I'm sorry but I had them reserved, doesn't that mean that since they decided to stay another night on such short notice that they would have had to move? Anyway, there's more...once we got to our new found rooms we quickly found out that the air conditioners in each were not working very well at all. We checked in at 9:00pm and by 12:00am the room was not much cooler than it was when we got there. Note: the AC was off when we got there so it was roughly 95 degrees in the room. So we tried to go downstairs and let the manager know what was going on, well he wasn't there and the front door was locked. So we suffered through the night only to wake up to probably a 85 degree room after the AC was on high ALL night. So hot, tired, and weary we went down to see what their continental breakfast was. Here is the menu: Toast (Nothing to put on it), Juice (Apple and Orange...the Apple was broken), Pre-Packaged honey buns, and Cereal (No Milk). So I would say that was disappointing but to be honest we expected it by this point. So we left, very dissatisfied, and went to Kings Dominion. I would NEVER wish my worst enemy to stay there! Oh, and the Internet is SLOOOOOOW.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TurboCorrado
Reviewed 8 April 2010

After my daughters college trip, we deceided to go to the Amusement Park and stay at the Econo Lodge. Same day reservation of $49.00 for a non-smoking double bed. Room was nice and clean and the manager Harry Patel gave me excellent service. For a great price, with restaraunts close by you can count on this hotel! FREE WI-FI and parking right in front of my room!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Very old room in need of updating and repairs. The air conditioner was loud and kept us up at night as well as the toilet kept running. I wiped off left over toothpaste off the sink. Service desk clerk had a hard time understanding English. Internet access VERY slow.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family