“Just what I was looking for, CHEAP.”
Review of Days Inn Ashland

Days Inn Ashland
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
“Just what I was looking for, CHEAP.”
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I'm a truckdriver and needed a cheap place to stay for 1 night. It's within walking distance from the truckstop. First, it's kinda hard to get to this place, it's tucked up behind the Waffle House and KFC. I had no issues checking in and was pleasantly surprised when the rate was under $50. The hotel is older and it shows. It was a king bed the was well worn in(but very comfy). The TV was the old tube type with low grade cable so the upper channels were grainy and about midnight right in the middle of Robot Chicken the cable cut off. I showered in the morning and saw mold on the shower curtain(no more then you'd see in your own house (unless your a clean freak)). I checked out and ventured forth to slay the dragon of the day. If your looking for just a room and are not picky then this would work for ya.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pa
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We checked in expecting a typical simple clean bedroom and plain complimentary breakfast. The room was so dirty that we decided to sleep in our clothes and leave the lights on to prevent critters from being active. The vents in the room were clogged with dust and the hair in the tub was unappealing. There was dirt on the edges of all counters and floors. We decided not to sleep in the car but on the beds since we were traveling through and needed a place on 95 to stay. After we were shown the breakfast of stale bread slices, leftover mini muffins and bagels I chose the apple juice and we got in the car and drove away seeing the pool and overgrown weeds in the lot etc in the daylight. Depressing and rundown. NOT A DAYS INN but a cheap dirty hotel that must have gotten a deal on a clock and two signs that read DAYS INN. Even the soaps were not the correct hotel name. Please learn from my mistake: Keep driving.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Conewago
International Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I traveled for 14 hours and got on line to make a reservation and when I arrived at the hotel the guy said well I see your reservation but we have no rooms. I told him I had gotten it on line and he told me that the website wasnt his. What!!!! So I went to the Super 8 next door and got a room there. I had to cancel my credit card for that room and it told me the cancelation date had passed. does this sound like a scam to you! Beware of this hotel! I didnt even stay there and I give it a bad review!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank tren218
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 29 March 2010

7 mile backup on 95- followed directions from GPS and since we had been up since 2am figured we would stop. Saw a Motel 6 but Days Inn accepts dogs so we checked in.
Rate of the day- 59.95 ( Palm Sunday weekend), pet fee 10.00 total 75.95.
Room clean, quite and short walk to Applebee's.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lagar_7
pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 September 2009

This was just to be an stay over on the way to the Outer Banks. The first room we were given had not been cleaned. I returned to the desk to ask for another room. Our second room was already occupied by a woman chain smoking outside the door. Our third room was on the back side of the hotel which I did not trust. It had a view of the pool, which was dirty and had cigarette butts floating in it. Upon opening the door I was struck with a smell that I could not identify. However, I believe that it was a combination of mold, cigarettes and urine. The bed was concave and there were stains on the walls and floors. I went to the motel next door to see if they had rooms and they did. I returned to the front desk for a refund and the gentleman didn't even look up or ask why. It was quite apparent that this happened frequently. We moved next door to the Super 8 which ironically was owned by the same person. There was a very nice pool area but I was still concerned for my car.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank biker43
New York
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I was traveling with my family and we had to stop and spend a night somewhere..we ended up at the days inn in Ashland, VA. It is in a very bad neighborhood to start with. We also noticed hookers in the parking lot.. however we needed a place to go and all the other hotels were booked. we walked in and the lady behind the desk was very unhelpfull..we finally got a room and when we got there there was no door knob...we went back to the front desk and she gave us another room. wen we walked in the room was extremely dirty and beds that were basically on the floor. There were no towels in the room so we called and asked for some...3 hours later at 3 in the morning we got a knock and it was wat apeared to be a hoodlum..we didnt answer and then he said he was there to clean the room..we said all we needed was towels..he left and never came back. We then peared out the window and could see 4 or 5 people in the courtyard of the hotel smoking drugs through a glass pipe( crack pipe). We were thinking about leaving when we looked over and there were 2 cockroaches on the nightstand. The place was infested with bugs. Some even got into our baggage. This place was absolutly disgusting and should be torn down immediatly. We left and got our money back for the night. I went so far as to file a complaint with the health department. This place is a real life nightmare. I did not feel safe at all. I was even afraid to leave my car in the parking lot. we left and slept in a rest stop. NEVER EVEN CONSIDER THIS PLACE!

Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank JonnyA6493
new jersey
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Horrible. Got the hotel on Hotwire who later that evening refunded my money. Old style motel with all outside entrances to rooms. Room was old, paint peeling, toilet seat broken, bed leaning at an angle and bathroom floor that was so sticky your shoes stuck. Need I say more?? Went across the street to a wonderful Hampton Inn and saved the evening.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — arriving
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank jsdoc56
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Centerstone Inn
Centerstone Inn
#3 of 5 in Doswell

Been to Days Inn Ashland? Share your experiences!