“Local place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2013

While our son was on a visit to Randolph Macon my husband and I had dinner at Turners. We chose it based off the reviews on Trip Advisor. We had the steak special and Crab Cakes. My husbands steak was wonderful, nicely seasoned, huge 14oz and cooked perfectly. However, my crab cakes were average.

If I had a complaint it was the service was a little slow at the beginning, we had to wait at the hostess stand for several minutes before anyone noticed us and the time it took to place our order with our server was long, however once the order was placed our food came out quickly.

We will go back again next time in town. It's a local place with that feel to it.

1  Thank Brandy H

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and i were stuck in traffic on 95 around dinner time, Saw that the parking lot was full so we thought we would give it a try. Glad we did food was great as was the service. Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Turner's is our "go to" place when friends and family come into town or are passing through. We've had just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Their burgers are mouth watering, freshly prepared and cooked just right. Their prime rib is to die for - we've even called ahead to make sure the prime rib was going to be on the menu when we were meeting friends/family there for dinner. We've had prime rib all over the country and theirs is the absolute best! And, there's still their crab cakes, scallops and chicken dishes to rave about. Anyway, just say we love it and know you will too. Try it, you'll like it, Mikey!

2  Thank cjdeskins
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We have visited Turners a few times since our student started college in Ashland. The first visit was good and uneventful. Cannot really say that about the visit this week. Our waitress seemed frustrated and become upset when I asked her to replaced one unclean utensil and glass. She slammed the replacement glass on the table when she returned. The food was good and we made it out unscathed but for the price I think we will look for another restaurant on our next visit to Ashland.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I often arrive by train into Ashland and wasn't sure where to eat. Happened upon Turners and had a very good steak. The servers are friendly and helpful and the restaurant has a nice small town feel about it.