“amazing”

Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: O'Banks specializes in seafood, steak, and casual fare, including Sunday brunch. Whether you want to enjoy a few beers and appetizers or a family meal, O'Bank's is the place for you.
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“amazing”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We travel from the Carolinas to Pgh. and our favorite stop is O'Banks. We found it by accident and have decided it is a must for our travel home. An otherwise sad event traveling home is usually marked by a bad food experience. Not any more! The food is amazing the service outstanding. The she crab soup is to die for and the lemon dessert was incredible. The deck is inviting and all of the plants are welcoming. Don't miss this opportunity, it is a welcome break from Rt. 95.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Laavooot

Norfolk, Virginia
“A Pleasant Surprise in a Shopping Center”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Business lunch with a long-time associate. We ate here on his recommendation. Waiter was friendly and helpful. Food was great for lunch; steak sandwiches and she crab soup and chili. What really surprised and delighted was the house-made Key Lime Pie...the real kind, authentic and the way it is supposed to be. My next trip to Richmond will include a stop at this place for dinner.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FFL0312
Ruther Glen, Virginia, United States
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after seeing this place pop up. Special of the day was she-crab soup. It was on point. Had the chicken sandwich special as well. It was better than your average chicken! We will be back ! Others had O'dog, crab cake sandwich, Ruben. Zero complaints.

1 Thank Brian A
Montpelier, Virginia
“Pleasant surprise hidden away in Ashland, VA”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was first exposed to O'Bank's by a buddy who invited me to have lunch with him there. I enjoyed the experience, the friendliness of the waiter (Scotty) and the food so much that I took my wife back for dinner shortly after, and we again had dinner with friends there the other night. All three experiences were great, from the service to the quality and taste of the food.

O'Bank's is a small cafe with somewhat of a local pub type atmosphere. One gets the impression that a lot of locals are enjoying the bar and the restaurant facilities. Warm and friendly atmosphere, friendly staff and people and comfortable seating at tables, booths and a good-sized bar that somewhat meanders from one end of the far wall to the other. There is also a deck outside for outdoor dining. The staff is very friendly and hospitable. The service is casual but attentive. We have been able to joke around with the wait staff on each visit, but they did not allow the fact that we were joking around to affect the attentiveness and quality of service they provided - nice combination!

On my first dinner visit, I had the Shrimp & Scallop Pasta entree (Shrimp, scallops, spinach and penne pasta tossed in a piccata sauce and finished with Parmesan cheese). It was absolutely delicious and I would order it again. There was no scrimping on the seafood, the pasta tasted fresh and the sauce was delicious. My wife had a steak special for that night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was good, but not as attentive as I would normally prefer. Because the dining area was full and we were hungry, we opted to eat at one of the raised tables in the bar area. Unfortunately, the bar was wall-to-wall with patrons, and the bartender had trouble keeping up with bar patrons and taking good care of us. Was not bad enough to really detract from the overall experience, but for future visits we will wait for a table that is served by a dedicated wait staff and not the bartender.

The second visit for dinner was on a Thursday night, which is seafood night. We went with another couple. My buddy and I had the seafood platter special. WOW! We got a ton of seafood. I'm a big guy and I can pack it away, and many seafood platters leave me wanting more, but not this one. It contained a huge filet of Alaskan Pollock, a full snow crab (legs & claws), a bunch of steamed shrimp and some delicious fried oysters. The homemade fries were excellent, too. I had no room for dessert after this meal. My buddy felt the same way about his. My wife had the Shepherd's Pie (Fresh ground beef, diced onions, and corn gravy topped with homemade mashed potatoes.) She enjoyed it, but would not order again. She was born in the UK and her mother made it the traditional way, which is my wife's way of measuring others. This was tasty, but did not measure up to traditional British Shepherd's Pie. My buddy's wife had a Steak & Shrimp special and said that it was delicious.

O'Bank's will become a go-to place for us for a nice, tasty, casual dinner. It's a nice half-hour drive from home and well worth the drive in our opinion.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EdGooding
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We are always taking customers to O'Banks. There is a little bit of everything on the menu and no one ever says they can't find something they like!!

• Visited May 2014