“Really pleased!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to almost anyone. It sparkled from floor to ceiling. It's nice to know that you can still get a great hotel for a great price. Whether you're used to luxury or just plain simple, this hotel will probably meet your standards. Large, spacious, quiet rooms. Nice lobby and breakfast - I wish I could find a place like this for all of our trips!

Room Tip: The directions on the website fail to mention that there are two exits to choose from so make sure y...

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My family and I stayed here while we visited the theme parks in the area. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. The checkin/checkout process was quick and easy. Anthony and Alpha (front desk personnel) were very kind, cordial and helpful. The breakfast was great as well. If we are ever in the area again, we will certainly stay at Sleep Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is a great place to stay, especially on a weekday (THE PRICE ROCKS). The weekend is a little pricey. It is clean, and has a great breakfast. It is right off the highway.I highly recomend, espically is you are traveling on the weekdays.

Room Tip: Love the breakfast!!!
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed here for four nights as part odf a road trip. From the outside it looks like a typical chain motel but wait until you get inside, there are some things which puts this well priced hotel apart. Indeed I have paid a lot more for much worse hotels.
The check in was smooth, efficient and above all else friendly. The desk clerk devoted all her time and energies to us rather than as too often happens multi tasking. in addition despite it being a busy hotel they always greeted us when we passed during our stay. Indeed the friendliness of the hotel extended al the way from the reception through the cleaning staff right the way to the management.
The room was a mini suite which was reasonably priced for what we had. Everything in the room was in good working order and above all else it was spotless. Breakfast was good with again for the price there was plenty of choice. If in the Ashland area would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

My family stayed here for one night during a long trip so we checked in quite late. Check-in was quick. Room was clean except for a few head hairs in the bathroom. Sleep quality was good.

Things got interesting in the morning. My daughter and I went down for breakfast around 7:30 AM which was in a moderately sized room which what appeared to be a fair selection of food/drink items along two walls with cheap disposable plates/bowls/utensils. At the time we showed up, about 20 other people showed up at the time time. It was chaos and the hot food was quickly gone. We just got cereal and sat down to watch everyone else and wait for more hot food. We waited a good half hour with no more hot food coming out. By that time, we figured we would just sit in the lobby and wait for my wife and son to wake up and maybe try for breakfast again.

While in the lobby, I got to share a little small talk with the front desk person. I found out from the person that they had all 69 rooms occupied and that breakfast can be little chaotic at times due to little rushes. He did say things slow down around 9:00 AM.

As we sat in the lobby, I got to hear the front desk take several phone calls and two in-person complaints regarding housekeeping. Most seemed to be related to needing more towels. I could over hear the front desk person say that housekeeping doesn't punch-in until 8:30 and then it would be a bit longer for them to get organized. After a little more small talk, I discovered that they ran out of towels.

After the rest of my family woke up, we did finally get some hot food for breakfast. It was so-so. After breakfast, we wanted to get in a quick swim before our long car ride. Nice size pool and Jacuzzi; however, the water looked to be a little unclean and green looking. We decided it was good enough and started swimming. Shortly after, a ton of people came in and overtook the pool and Jacuzzi. Three unsupervised teenage kids were being extremely loud and annoying. After dealing with the ruckus for 15 minutes, we finally said enough was enough and cut the swimming short.

Seemed to me that this hotel was having some slight issues due to 100% occupancy at the time. It's great that they can be fully occupied; however, if they cannot offer 100% service during those times, then they have some slight issues that should be addressed in my opinion. The ruckus in the pool was not the fault of the hotel, but when you have so many rooms, you are bound to get some parents that just don't want to watch their kids.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ToadNumber3
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Nice amenities: indoor pool w/ jacuzzi; clean, well-stocked breakfast area; nice efficient staff esp. Tony; rooms - clean, very quiet and comfortable w/ refrigerator and microwave; EZ access to I-95 but a little hard to find (behind Pizza Hut) Good value!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Arthurgray
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our family stayed here on a trip to King's Dominion. The location is perfect, right off the interstate and only a few minutes to the park. Numerous restaurants are nearby. The rooms are very clean and up to date. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was roomy. We did have a shower only, but we did not need a tub. It would be nice to have a few more places in the shower stall to place items. The breakfast area was clean and food items were plentiful. The food was also restocked, right up to closing time. Check in and out was easy. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We would absolutely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!