“Sleep Inn Ashland”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Rosenberg, Texas, United States
“Sleep Inn Ashland”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Booked a night at the Sleep Inn Ashland following a day at Kings Dominion. Very nice property. We had 2 rooms, one of which was extra large due to the layout of the building. We did not use any of the amenities, so our view is of the rooms only. Nice beds, quiet rooms, lots of closet space if you need it. Large TVs and a nice desk and table both. There are a variety of national chain restaurants close to the property and you are only 6 miles from KD.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the elevator are oversized and there is no elevator noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We love this hotel. We have season passes to Kings Domion for many years, and we always stay here. The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and very comfortable for a family of 5. The breakfast has a nice selection for everyone and is so convenient. Very affordable as well. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff here. We will continue to stay here as long as we travel to the area.

However, I am reaching out for a plea of help in this review as well. We just stayed here the nights of July 1 and July 2 (checked out morning of July 3) from room 311. I believe I may have left, misplaced, lost a computer flash drive. A small black computer flash drive that I download all my family photos onto from my digital camera. This flash drive contains all my family photos of all our vacations, family events, kids school & sporting events from 2011, 2012 and 2013. I am devastated that I have been unable to locate it since we have been home. Our last evening there (night of July 2) I had it on the desk, I fear that it may have been knocked off onto the floor -- I am hoping not into the trash. But I have contacted the staff of the hotel 2x and they have checked lost/found and checked the room. I am begging for anyone that may check into room 311 since this date of my checkout if you discovered this flash drive to turn it in. I have no backup of these photos and no way to recover them. I hope this helps me to locate the missing flash drive.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for either business or plesure. I assure you will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great value. Breakfast was good and the cookies were great. Very clean and a large selection of tv channels. The beds are very comfortable but I don't care for 4 small pillows. Have stayed here recently and will return when in Virginia.

• Stayed June 2013
Marathon
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We arrived in the afternoon to the smell of baked chocolate chip cookies. Our king room was large but a little dated. We only had 2 sets of towels, I like when a motel/hotel provides extra towels. The air conditioner was noisy. The room had internet and a small refrigerator. The shower had a water pik shower head with good water pressure. The complimentary breakfast was okay, not great. There was coffee and juice, toast. Nothing to rave about. We ate at Ruby Tuesday's and had a really good meal.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a well-located and kept-up property. It is clean, has a good business center and a comprehensive and hot breakfast. Out the front door is a Pizza Hut and on the other side a strip center with a grocery store. It is also close to downtown. This concept hits all the buttons at a reasonable price point. Nothing wrong here at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Broad Brook, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stayed here while traveling from Fl back to Ct. Pleasantly surprised. We arrived about 9pm and had traveled all day, so it was pretty much check in, get some sleep, breakfast and back on the road. The staff was terrific, check in/out was quick and simple. Breakfast was not 5 star, but it was as good any I've had at hotels offering free beakfast. Only one computer in the business center which I did use instead of getting out my laptop. Nice private area with very good internet speed. This hotel was spotless. The lobby area was beautiful and room (suite) we had was large, clean and in very very good condition. I have a feeling if I was there for a few days this rating would go up to a 5, excellent. I just wasn't there long enough. Everything is a matter of expectations and we got more than we expected for the price. This is a great place for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2013

An absolutely great place to stay. My first visit. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Easy on-off to I-95. Several restaurants all within walking distance. Exceptionally clean. Very friendly, knowledgable staff. Very reasonable room rates. Well maintained grounds. Part of the Choice Hotels family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!