“Great location for our needs.”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 2 September 2013

In town for the half marathon the hotel was located only a mile from the start which was perfect for walking to and from the start. The hotel staff was friendly both at check in and check out. We asked for a late check and was given an extra hour no problem. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the place was quiet we didn’t here the other rooms at all. The breakfast while we didn’t use it looked like a normal breakfast buffet with hot and cold items. IF in Ashland we would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Started here on a trip to Kings Dominion. The hotel is about 12 min. to the park. Lots of restaurants nearby (their chains but there are numerous to chose from). Great indoor pool and hot tub which was a nice experience to have. Breakfast includes eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, Danish, yogurt, fruit, juice and coffee -- lots to choose from! If you are going to Kings Dominion keep in mind parking will cost you $15. There's also a brewery called Center of the Universe that is a short drive from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We picked this hotel because we wanted to stay close to Kings Dominons and the reviews on the hotels in Doswell, VA were not good at all after searching on Trip advisor we found this Gem of a hotel. The staff are very nice, the rooms are clean the hotel is clean and smells good, the breakfast is awesome, the pool area is nice. The rooms are just the right size. the only bad thing is there was a couple of grease stains on the carpet and the security latch was missing a screw.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I recently stayed here for one night stop over on our long trip to NYC. I was very surprised and pleased. I am not sure when this hotel was built but everything looked new. I didn't notice any stains on our walls OR floors. The carpeting in our room looked brand new. The room was spacious and was just right for our family. They offer cookies and coffee in the lobby and the breakfast was more than enough to satisfy. The front desk staff was great at check in and because we are members we received free snacks and bottled waters. I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have no complaints,and I am a stickler about where I stay. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Rooms were spacious and clean, bed was firm but not hard, Pillows were soft, I aways bring my own pillow because I prefer a firm one. The breakfast was more rhan expected..eggs,sausage,biscuits,bagels,muffins,cereals,yogurt and more! Coffee was served in a carraffe in the lobby the whole day (and it was GOOD coffee too) which is a plus for me because I don't just drink it for breakfast. Last but not least, the towels were fluffy and soft, so nice after a relaxing showet to wrap up in a soft towel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rfurrow74
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stayed 4 nights here. The front staff was very nice. I was really impressed with the cleaning staff. they kept the rooms very clean. These ladies could be seen cleaning the hallways and even the corners.
We stayed in a Suite room. only complaint the mattress on the pull out couch was really bad. but this seems to be the same complaint at most hotels.
Hotel is convenient to many restaurants, with pizza hut being right in front of the hotel.
The Randolph Macon college is a mile away.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for 2 weeknights for a trip to Kings Dominion. I would absolutely stop here again if I had the chance. Hotel looks very neat and clean, inside and out. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect but had read good reviews here and decided to give it a shot. It was a very good price and only a few miles down 95 from Kings Dominion. Hotels right at the park seem kind of seedy and had bad reviews. There are a ton of places to eat around here (you can walk to the Pizza Hut, but call WAY ahead because they are SLOW) and even a Food Lion so you don't have to pay crazy KD prices when you get hungry. Just get a hand stamp, leave the park, and come back toward the hotel for a meal. We got a room with 2 queen beds. It was clean and roomy with a small fridge and microwave! The hotel has an indoor pool and small fitness center. Also, they put fresh cookies in the lobby each afternoon. No complaints whatsoever. (My son said the internet was slow in the room, but that's not a deal breaker for me.) The free breakfast was great with lots of choices: eggs, sausage, fresh waffles, apples, bananas, muffins, biscuits, bagels, toast, danishes, yogurt, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, juices, coffee, milk, etc. Free breakfast is a big deal for me when traveling. Who wants to spend additional money every morning to eat when you've already spent money on park tickets, hotel room, etc?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!