“Nice Place, Right Off I95”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Clean, modern hotel with everything a traveler needs. Convenient to I95, spacious room with microwave and refrigerator, free internet, and an excellent continental breakfast. It is a budget class hotel, of course, but they provide a lot of amenities, such as a business center and luggage carts. The staff was professional and helpful. All in all a great value.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bipin P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Reviewed 16 September 2008

Several families from my son's baseball team stayed the the Sleep Inn and Suites last weekend for a tournament up at the Virginia Sports Complex. We decided to stay in Ashland (about 15 minutes from the Complex) after reading some reviews on this site about the few hotels up in the Ruther Glen area closer to the field. It was definately the right decision and worth a few extra bucks. We found the hotels in this area to be a little more $ then what we are used to paying in Rocky Mount, Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte etc. After calling around we were able to get a very decent team rate which included a basic continental breakfast in the morning This hotel was about $15 less then others right around it and it certainly was all/everything we needed.

The rooms were very nice- a bit more roomy then average. It is always a big plus to have a refrigerator in our room! and the beds were some of the most comfortable I have slept on in similar type hotels. The bathrooms were a bit larger then normal, very nice and everything was clean!! The rooms were well appointed.

We didn't get to see that much of Ashland due to our baseball schedule but there certainly was a lot to choose from as far as restaurants were concerned.

The only negatives, if I had to find something, was that our hallway up on the second floor had a fairly strong odor of smoke even though it was supossed to be a non-smoking floor. Luckily it was ONLY as you got right off the elevator and not in the rooms at all! The staff was fine, not overly friendly, but fine. The indoor pool was on the small side but that was ok as only a few siblings used it briefly-our boys did not have time to swim..

All in all I was extremely satisfied and definately would urge our team to stay there again for a tournament at the VA Sports Complex.

Baseball Mom from NC

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bipin P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

My staff and I thank you for your comments. We frequently have the pleasure of accommodating large teams for these sporting events. We are pleased when we can assist in this process. Just to address the issue of the second floor, it IS actually a smoking floor with some non-smoking rooms on it. In the future just let us know and we will be sure to place you, if possible, on the first or third floors, which are our 100% smoke free floors. Again, it is a pleasure to serve you and your teams.

Reviewed 3 June 2008

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night during the Memorial weekend. We booked this hotel because it close to King Dominion theme park. The hotel is very easy to find ( off 95) from the park and is approximately 8-10 mins travel time. There are lots of restaurants around the hotel, so you don't had to eat in the park for late night snack. We arrived around 11 pm after a long day at the park. The front desk person advise us that the room was already assigned, therefore, we can not request for a quiet room.

The room is clean, standard size, and the beds was Ok. The only small problem was the bathroom ventilation vent cover was loose/semi open, I did make a attempt to fix it and check for camera. After that, I was too tired to call for service . The parking lot noise was not too bad because it was block by the air conditioner's noise.

The breakfast is simple but good, but we had to got up early for that because they close at 9:30 Am. Overall, the value and the service of the hotel is good for a night from a long day at the park.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Castle88
Bipin P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

My staff and I personally thank you for your comments as we are always looking to improve. Coming soon are some very exciting upgrades that I know you will love!

We look forward in serving you in the future. Again thank you.

Reviewed 28 March 2008

My kids and I transferred to this Hotel from the Quality in so the kids could swim in an indoor pool. The hotel was over $40 more than the Quality Inn right up the street! But for the kids I decided to change to the Sleep Inn in Ashland. I wanted them to be able to swim. I made this perfectly clear to the attendant before we checked in and at the time of check in. Then when we went to swim the next day--the hotel management could not open the doors to the pool. We stood there for nearly an hour as one attendant and then another tried to open the door. My kids were unable to swim becasue we had to check out. I felt that I should have received a credit of $40 --and the front desk person said yes--that the manager would take care of it--but not only did the manager, Bipin Patel not even give me the courtesy of calling me to say he was sorry but then sent me a letter stating that since they offered a late check out that he thought that was reasonable. I would strongly advise you to stay away from this hotel! It was not even as nice as the Quality Inn just up the street.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank KarenAlexandriaVA

I would first like to apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. It is unfortunate that from time to time all things will experience an unforeseen technical difficulty or break down. It is even more unfortunate that this happened during your stay. When we are presented with issues of this nature it is always our policy to fix or resolve the problem as quickly as possible. You were given a late check for this inconvenience. I truly wish we could have done more to make you and your children’s stay more enjoyable. We just never know when these problems will arise and we continue to resolve all problems as quickly as possible.

I truly hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2008

I was very impressed by this hotel. The first impression was a great one. Very clean rooms and nice staff. The breakfast area was very nice with lots to choose from. We only stayed 2 nights, but had a nice stay. They have an indoor pool which was enjoyed by our kids.....We will be staying there again!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank fthcc

We always love reading comments like yours. My team and I thank you for your posting! Reading comments like this makes accommodating guests like yourself so much more enjoyable. It is a pleasure to know you are so greatly satisfied with our services and facility.

Reviewed 26 February 2008

Stayed at this location for race weekend in September 2006 and 2007. Very Clean, nice staff, nice comfortable rooms and good morning breakfast. cost a little more than some of the others in the area for this time of year but after reading the other locations reviews, its worth a couple extra $$$$. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank chad10

Reviewed 1 December 2007

We first stayed at this Sleep Inn in October 2006 before a King's Dominion visit, and had such a great time that we returned in October 2007. The hotel is very clean. Our kids thought the pool was wonderful. The breakfast is simple but pleasant. The staff are responsive. Yes, it is a hotel near the highway and essentially located with parking lots on all sides. It doesn't surprise me that some people heard parking lot noise. But for that, it is excellent value and we've had a great time!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

It is always great to hear when we have exceeded our guest expectations. My team and I thank you for your posting!!! I hope you will return in the future. You will be pleased to see our standard continental breakfast transition to a hot breakfast in the near future!

We look forward in serving you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 13 in Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
Hampton Inn Richmond - North / Ashland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Doswell (Kings Dominion)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!