“RMC Graduation Weekend”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We had a wonderful weekend thanks to our accomodations! I booked 5 rooms for my son's college graduation weekend including one for my grandmother in a wheelchair. The check in staff was more than accomodating with everyone coming in at varying times and always cheerful. The rooms were clean and coffee always available in the lobby. We had no idea that a soccer tournament was also scheduled for the same weekend and the hotel on Friday night became full of young players & their families!! Despite the full occupancy and the overwhelming number of folks at breakfast, service came with a smile and the constant movement of refilling of supplies. One person even received her breakfast served with a smile as she demanded not to get back in line again! (reminder: this is a continental breakfast buffet) The staff was amazingly efficient and courteous. We would definitely return & hghly recommend the Ashland Holiday Inn Express with ease to the college campus, local restaurants and trips into Richmond!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank thesimplelife012

Reviewed 8 May 2012

The bug everyone is talking about at this soccer tournament was a LADYBUG! omg, you would be embarrassed seeing this older man, the coach, freaking out!!! i had an amazing stay there that weekend. make sure to stop by the brick oven behind (near the walmart) and youll have the most amazing stay ever.

Room Tip: The manager and staff is very accommodating!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Very clean hotel and nice big Rooms. I love pool area perfect temperature.

Room Tip: I will be back.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed here on our drive home from FLA. Having stayed at another Holiday Inn previously on this roadtrip we gave this one a shot. It was clean although an older hotel. I think the mattresses could be upgraded felt a little uncomfortable. We liked have a large fridge in the room also. The pool was closed during our stay due to some technical issue but that was fine. Staff were nice. The breakfast was also very good. Cinnamon rolls are delicious. It was very convient for anyone travelling on I-95. And a decent price for the room and breakfast. No compliants from us except for a large group of kids who were running around and loud but that's not the hotels fault. Maybe their parents or chaperones could have handled them better!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank donnellyjen
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stay at this facility several times a week during my travels. I always enjoy my stay here. In my experience they have accomodated CLC cards for several trucking companies. They have always been clean and very welcoming to truck drivers, allowing plenty of room to park larger vehicles. There is also an Applebees restaraunt within walking distance that the hotel provides a card allowing a 10% discount at the restaraunt for staying at there hotel. Staff is always friendly and willing to help with anything that you may need. I have and will continue to encourage family/friends to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Enjoy staying on the South side, because it is quiet and near the ice and vending machines.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sammie S
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Property is clean and staff is friendly. I see someone reported bugs at this site - they must have brought them with them. I stay here at least twice a month and have never had any issues. In fact, I am a district manager in the travelcenter industry( NC,SCand VA )- the Holiday Inn Express in Ashland VA is my favorite "home away from home."

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank CaseyA56
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We were travelling through on the weekend when it is called march madness in Richmond so we decided to stay on the highway hotel as we were told there were no rooms available in richmond. As we pulled over we saw that the parking lot was full and plenty of guests in the lobby and we heard about bugs and my husband and I saw the hotel team trying to clam the guests and were trying to explain but the group of people were just screaming at the management team of the hotel. We had never come across such a scene and so we stood on the side and watched how those group of people were treating the hotel staff. It was so disgusting that we were shocked, after 15 minutes we decided to check in and we went to our room. The room was very clean and the staff were excellent. We went down to get dinner at applebees next door which was very convinient. Please do not believe the stupid nonsense of bugs as there was nothing in our room and the staff were excellent, my husband told me that the management company who ran this hotel had some excellent staff.
My personal compliments to the General Manager who is lady at handling the situation and making us welocome in all the rukus. Keep up the good work and we will recommend this hotel to all friends and family and visit you again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ashland - Hanover, VA
La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#4 of 13 in Ashland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Richmond North Ashland? Share your experiences!