“The Buffet is Small”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 98 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It seemed to be clean and well run but the chicken was over cooked and the rest of the food was just average. Now the problem , my wife and I both had a difficult time with the food later in the evening. It kept us bot up most of the night because it seemed to be hard to digest. Even after our breakfast the next day I could still taste the meat loaf. I will eat just about anything but I will not return there again.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was traveling in this area on business and had not seen or eaten at a Ponderosa in many years. My memory was they had a pretty decent buffet that I had enjoyed with my family on many occasions. I was very disappointed in the buffet quality at this location. The food was not very good and the appearance of the restaurant was not particularly clean. The service was good as plates were removed promptly as I tried several attempts to find something really good. As I look back I probably should have ordered just one item off the menu. I was traveling in this area on business and had not seen or eaten at a Ponderosa in many years. My memory was they had a pretty decent buffet that I had enjoyed with my family on many occasions. I was very disappointed in the buffet quality at this location. The food was not very good and the appearance of the restaurant was not particularly clean. The service was good as plates were removed promptly as I tried several attempts to find something really good. As I look back I probably should have ordered just one item off the menu.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stopped here after leaving amusement park. It was our first visit to a Ponderosa and we enjoyed it. We all ordered water along with other drinks because we were so dehydrated from the park and our waitress immediately brought us more water. Waitress was very nice and attentive. We did not get buffet. We all ordered individual meals and everyone liked the food. Décor is dated and it could be cleaner. Enjoyed the music. Overall good value and very tasty. Would return to another Ponderosa.

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I hadn't seen a Ponderosa in decades. We stopped after seeing a sign on I95. While it's not a Mecca for the discriminating palate, the food is a comforting reminder of the old steakhouse concept. Our server was attentive and competent and the facility was essentially clean. No complaints at all.

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

Not a great place to stop if you are expecting quality and great service. The food on the buffet was not fresh, except for the rolls. they were very tasty. The meatloaf on the buffet was more of a mystery meat loaf completly inedible. The chicken was hard and cold and the corn, lima beans and green beans had been up there so long they were shrivled under the lights. The salad was ok looking so I opted for that.....turns out the ranch dressing was sour. My son ordered a burger and the meat was actually white!!!! This is why they make you pay first I suppose..We left hungry and stopped by pizza hut right nearby and was much better.

1  Thank rfurrow74