“Great food and friendly service”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #37 of 93 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We liked the quality of the food. The fried chicken was very good. Great assortment to choose from. Enjoyed the 50's and 60's music playing. Staff was very helpful.

Visited April 2014

• Turkish first
Richmond
“Food was sickening”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I used to work at Ponderosa in the 90's remembered decent food at great prices. Boy was I wrong!!! Ordered sirloin tips and buffet $12.99! Terrible food all fat gristle tips and rubbery chicken on buffet. Was sick to stomach for 2 days after going will never ever return!!!!

• Visited March 2014
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Just as remembered!! ”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

We were travelling back from Williamsburg to home and happened upon the interstate sign for Ponderosa which was exciting as we haven't seen one in years ad our local locations have closed. Memory serves us correct as the wings and steaks tasted like they always had. The sweet tea was phenomal and service was so amazing...when requested a special item not on the buffet was made and brought to our table by the manager with a smile. Theresa and Tresa are a great mother/daughter server team. Clean, affordable and delicious our memories were brought back to life!

Huntigntown
“The Buffet is Small”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It seemed to be clean and well run but the chicken was over cooked and the rest of the food was just average. Now the problem , my wife and I both had a difficult time with the food later in the evening. It kept us bot up most of the night because it seemed to be hard to digest. Even after our breakfast the next day I could still taste the meat loaf. I will eat just about anything but I will not return there again.

• Visited November 2013
Sparta, New Jersey
“Barely Average”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was traveling in this area on business and had not seen or eaten at a Ponderosa in many years. My memory was they had a pretty decent buffet that I had enjoyed with my family on many occasions. I was very disappointed in the buffet quality at this location. The food was not very good and the appearance of the restaurant was not particularly clean. The service was good as plates were removed promptly as I tried several attempts to find something really good. As I look back I probably should have ordered just one item off the menu. I was traveling in this area on business and had not seen or eaten at a Ponderosa in many years. My memory was they had a pretty decent buffet that I had enjoyed with my family on many occasions. I was very disappointed in the buffet quality at this location. The food was not very good and the appearance of the restaurant was not particularly clean. The service was good as plates were removed promptly as I tried several attempts to find something really good. As I look back I probably should have ordered just one item off the menu.

• Visited August 2013