“AGREED with as good as it gets for Aberdeen”

BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Aberdeen
Seattle, WA
“AGREED with as good as it gets for Aberdeen”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel as we NEEDED to stay in aberdeen for business 1 night. Initially, I booked a room at this hotel's sister property in the ocean shores area (approximately 20-30 mins and on the beach), however, circumstances changed requiring me to stay in Aberdeen.

This hotel, from what it seems like, is probably one of the best hotels IF you need to stay in aberdeen. I wouldn't say it is even a 3 class hotel. Furniture is old, the building is old. There is a odd smell that comes from the room. The room, although not visibly dirty, gave me the creeps and I even had trouble having dinner in my room. The other major complaint I had was that we stayed on the first floor and could hear the people above us all night when it sounded like they were just walking around. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is OK what you would get at any 3 STAR hotel breakfast. The other concern I had was I was told several times to stay away from the bridge/water area behind the hotel, as police are often there and that is where the drug addicts tend to hang out, which was a major concern of mine as a woman and given that my room window was right at that area.

I would recommend this hotel only if you HAVE TO stay in aberdeen/hoqiuam. Also, there is NOTHING to do in this small quaint town. For example, I asked one person if any restaurants were open to which he replied "jack in the box." I asked another young man about anything to do, he said, "nothing. we have free wifi." I would recommend staying in ocean shores, where at least you are near the ocean and have a variety of nice places to stay, assuming you are OK with doing the drive to aberdeen if you need to be there for whatever reason.

BTW we stayed in the jaccuzi KING suite. Green carpet, grungy smell. That being said, I did get into the tub which I have to say was relaxing and clean.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lovevacations1983

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Seattle
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We spent NYE night here and really liked this hotel. It was a girls' night out and we used the excellent swimming pool and hot tub, which were the correct temperature and clean! There were plenty of towels for use at the pool too.
The hotel room was clean and spacious and included both a microwave and a referigerator plus a table and two chairs. We got a room on the third floor and also a view of the river (the river view is not that special, but the effort on the part of the desk clerk was appreciated). Our room was quiet and came with a coffeemaker for early mroning wake up. It had a good shower and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor--quiet and easy to get to because there's an elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here for business. The rooms were large and had a desk, microwave, table and chairs as well as a food prep area. The bed was a cheaper mattress that was not so comfortable.

Free wi-fi.
Free breakfast, limited continental breakfast. Like a lighter version of a Hampton Inn.
The rooms were large, but overall thin carpet, cheap furniture. Not very quiet or very clean.
The television had a pretty good selection, but only visible from the bed because of the cabinet it was in.

For the area and the price, not too bad though.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Grasslakers
East Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2011

This was my second stay on business in Aberdeen. There are no nicer places to stay in this city, so while the Guesthouse might not be my first choice if other places were available, having said that, the Guesthouse is a perfectly nice place to stay. First of all, while the decor may be quite dated (think 1980s mauve and blue), it is well-maintained and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable, having the little kitchenette area was convenient, the breakfasts were well-stocked and filling, and the desk personnel very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a good restaurant in the area, the Westport Winery is awesome! Some of the best food I have ever had anywhere - the clam chowder was first rate, quiches and sandwiches made with fresh ingredients, and you have to try the cheesecake for dessert!! You will definitely not leave hungry.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Made reservations over the phone. The front desk clerk was very helpful and polite. We were greeted with a smile when we arrived. The breakfast was just right and hit the spot. This is my second stay in the last year and it was very comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Room 115 Rocks!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Bothell
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Our family of four stayed here for one night. There are not too many options of places to stay in Aberdeen and this is a very nice, clean hotel. We always worry about bedbugs whenever we travel -- no worries here though. The beds are very clean and we would stay here again if we were in the area. The breakfast was very filling and lots of options (boiled eggs, juices, cereals, muffins, bagles, bread and toaster, yogurt, waffle maker, hot water for oatmeal, coffee, apple cider, etc. We were on the 3rd (top) floor. We did not use the pool but it looked clean.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Washington
Reviewed 8 October 2011

There are not many choices in Aberdeen to stay. I was recently in town for a couple days at a business meeting. The Guesthouse met my needs as a clean place to stay, good Internet connection and food choices next door.

It was a little difficult to get to the hotel because of the overuse of one way streets in this town, but that was the city planner's fault not the hotels.

If you have to stay in town this is the place to go.

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Travelodge Aberdeen
#1 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
Quinault Beach Resort and Casino

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen? Share your experiences!