We stayed at this hotel as we NEEDED to stay in aberdeen for business 1 night. Initially, I booked a room at this hotel's sister property in the ocean shores area (approximately 20-30 mins and on the beach), however, circumstances changed requiring me to stay in Aberdeen.
This hotel, from what it seems like, is probably one of the best hotels IF you need to stay in aberdeen. I wouldn't say it is even a 3 class hotel. Furniture is old, the building is old. There is a odd smell that comes from the room. The room, although not visibly dirty, gave me the creeps and I even had trouble having dinner in my room. The other major complaint I had was that we stayed on the first floor and could hear the people above us all night when it sounded like they were just walking around. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is OK what you would get at any 3 STAR hotel breakfast. The other concern I had was I was told several times to stay away from the bridge/water area behind the hotel, as police are often there and that is where the drug addicts tend to hang out, which was a major concern of mine as a woman and given that my room window was right at that area.
I would recommend this hotel only if you HAVE TO stay in aberdeen/hoqiuam. Also, there is NOTHING to do in this small quaint town. For example, I asked one person if any restaurants were open to which he replied "jack in the box." I asked another young man about anything to do, he said, "nothing. we have free wifi." I would recommend staying in ocean shores, where at least you are near the ocean and have a variety of nice places to stay, assuming you are OK with doing the drive to aberdeen if you need to be there for whatever reason.
BTW we stayed in the jaccuzi KING suite. Green carpet, grungy smell. That being said, I did get into the tub which I have to say was relaxing and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scenically located, next to Wishkah River, nearby shopping, outdoor activities & local area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Inn & Suites Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Guesthouse Inn And Suites Aberdeen