“Nice hotel”

BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel room is clean and comfortable. Our room was on the riverside and hear the train blow it's horn and squeak their brake a couple times midmorning which is not the greatest. Breakfast has very few options and the coffee is horrible. Good thing Starbucks is down the road

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lindsey L
There are newer reviews for BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed two nights at this wonderful hotel. Was recommended to me by a friend who had lived in the area, and who visits to see her mother there. I was very glad we stayed here. New, very comfortable beds. Great breakfast! Was a wonderful place to stay while sightseeing in the area.
Very relaxed. Yes, we did hear one train in the morning, but that was no big deal...I enjoyed the clean, spacious room.

Room Tip: I don't know what activities there were for children. Probably none, but computer would not let...
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We find ourselves needing to stay in Aberdeen on a fairly frequent basis, due to the ailing health of a parent. GuestHouse Inn and Suites is the best Aberdeen has to offer. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the breakfast is not fancy but adequate to get you started for the day. The indoor pool and hottub are a definite plus, but be sure to ask if they are open for your stay if that is important to you. The rooms come with a kitchenette, but are not well stocked with dishes, however given the choice of restaurants in the area, having a place to microwave a meal might be the best option. If I had a choice I would not stay in Aberdeen at all, it has little to offer, but if need to stay, this is the only hotel I would consider.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the 3rd floor.
1  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I am typically amazed how the same "whatever" (hotel, appliance, camera etc) can get reviews from 1 to 5. Reviews are obviously subjective, but having stayed around the world in rooms
ranging from 5star hotels to 2star B&Bs, I realized you cannot compare that range against
one another. So my reviews are based on experience rather than comparison. My experience
at the Aberdeen Guesthouse Suite was quite good. The room: spacious enough, very clean,
crisp sheets, comfy bed, new television, bathroom amenities adequate (or ask), plentiful towels.
A train did pass right behind my room, but the room was so well insulated I only saw it and
didn't hear it nor did I hear corridor sounds. I didn't use the kitchenette area or pool. The breakfast offering was reasonably extensive...yogurt choices, juice choices, beautiful bananas, hard boiled eggs, do it your waffles, muffins, cereals, tea, coffee.... Plentiful parking, friendly staff.
Very close-by shopping, Starbucks, fast food options

I give it easily a 4.5 rating, knocked down from 5 stars only because it wasn't a bargain. A bargain
makes it truly a 5 star experience for its "category"...roadside motel.

Location adequate as this is not a tourist mecca where closeness can be an advantage.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my river view even though I didn't consider it a beautiful river....more like industr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank fireshepdancer
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We pick the place for the pool, so we could go swim with our 4 year old daughter, but the pool was closed. The room was just OK, with noisy AC and smelly river outside. Continental breakfast? Which continent is this from? The staff was friendly, but the beds are uncomfortable and pilows terrible. I would drive on to next town to stay somewhere else, next time.

1  Thank Laddiez
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is the only hotel in Aberdeen that is likely to not be infested with bed bugs. At $108 with tax for one person, the room was clean and ok - a King bed with an odd half-kitchen. What is a half-kitchen you ask? Well, it is a microwave, sink, warm refrigerator, a coffee pot and a bunch of empty cabinets. It does little more than cramp the room - unless you are one of those sleeppoppers (people who like to microwave popcorn in their sleep). In any case the bed was very comfortable and I had a view of the muddy Hoquiam river right below my room. The muddiness is an important factor here as you will soon see. The free "Continental" breakfast the following morning was quite bad…some old boiled and peeled eggs (perhaps from China?) some dry bread a dirty wafflemaker, a tall plexiglass tower dispenser of fruitloops and some rather surprisingly raison-less raisin bran (did the staff pick them out?) Then to top it off there was the coffee. I guarantee you that if you took your coffee cup and sauntered down the the muddy river bank and dipped out a cup you would find that it looked and tasted no different than the "coffee" that was offered. They, and their guests, would be much better off if they scrapped the free 'Continental' breakfast and instead provided guests with a single chocolate covered coffee bean and a Hostess Ding-Dong.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SeattleDiner
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were passing through Aberdeen on a very wet evening and needed somewhere to stay. The Guest House Inn and Suites looked like the only possible place in what is quite an industrial town. We were very pleasantly surprised by our suite - huge comfortable bed, kitchen area with crockery and cutlery, dining area, desk area etc. All clean and comfy - it was almost a shame we were only staying the one night!!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the car park and was side on to the railway but we didn't hear a thing all n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Travelodge Aberdeen
#4 of 14 in Westport
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#8 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Aberdeen? Share your experiences!